Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #1

Need Help Regarding AF400T Flash

Hello folks,

Am looking to purchase a flash for my Pentax 67II and the AF400T seems to be the best option. My problem is, I do not know what components to get. There's the flash, bracket, cord and I don't know what else. Some help please?

Thanks,
Jake

04-16-2009, 07:11 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not to cloud the water on you, but another alternative for the 67II is the hotshoe grip which comes with the synch cord. With this grip you can use most of the modern TTL and P-TTL flash units on that camera body. Right now the high powered AF500FTZ flashes that until recent years sold for $300 can be had for under $100. This is due to that flash not working with the new P-TTL digital bodies. So many of us, including myself, are "dumping" these great flashes in favor of the AF540FGZ and AF360FGZ. If you need one, let me know...I still have one left and a shooting buddy still has one too.

When the 67II was released, the AF500FTZ was the "recommended" flash with the earlier AF400T that you mention being kind of an "alternate" flash.

Note that the newer P-TTL flashes like the AF540FGZ also include settings so they work as TTL flashes with the 67II. So if you shoot Pentax digi, you can purchase a single flash unit that works with digi and with your 67II. In fact, if you already have a newer Pentax flash for your digital body, all you need is the hotshoe grip for the 67II and you'll be in business right away.

Not sure how any of this works with the higher synch speeds with leaf-shutter lenses as I've only used the AF500FTZ with the very slow standard shutter synch on the 67II bodies.