Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2009, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #1
Junior Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spisska Nova Ves, Slovakia, Europe
Photos: Albums
Posts: 32
Raynox 150/250 with PENTAX 645?

Hi guys,
do you think itīs possible to use RAYNOX 150/250 on PENTAX 645 + manual focused lenses 75mm and 200mm without limitations?
Thanks for every answer.
Marcel, Slovakia

04-27-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
Igilligan
Guest




The only limitation I know of with the Raynox is filter size. How large are the filter sizes on the lenses you want to use them on?
04-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
Junior Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spisska Nova Ves, Slovakia, Europe
Photos: Albums
Posts: 32
Original Poster
It's 58mm on both...
04-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Andi Lo's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,925
58mm should be fine. I would be more concerned with vignetting. Ranox 250 vignettes significantly on my Tamron 28-75 and 28mm prime. Why not borrow one and try it out first?


Last edited by Andi Lo; 04-28-2009 at 12:51 AM.
04-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
Igilligan
Guest




if you are concerned about vignetting

Then a close up lens like the Canon 250d or 500d, or the Sony M3358 all with
58mm threads may be a better option.
04-30-2009, 05:59 AM   #6
Inactive Account




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ames, Iowa, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,965
I'd like to hear the results of an experiment.

I suspect that because of the large sensor the Raynox lens would display more edge effect than a larger Canon close-up lens. (a center crop of the Raynox image is likely ok, but it won't have good edge crops depending on the entrance pupil of the lens used!) But maybe this thinking is way off base.

Iowa Dave
05-01-2009, 07:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member
ManuH's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,209
QuoteOriginally posted by caretatra Quote
Hi guys,
do you think itīs possible to use RAYNOX 150/250 on PENTAX 645 + manual focused lenses 75mm and 200mm without limitations?
Thanks for every answer.
Marcel, Slovakia
Raynox threads are 43mm, they come with an adapter that goes up to 67mm I believe.

The limitations would probably be some vignetting. But the most important limitation IMHO is that the Raynox force you to focus at a fixed distance. So they are less useful with primes (fixed magnification). With zooms you can vary the magnification.
05-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #8
Igilligan
Guest




You are both probably right...

QuoteOriginally posted by newarts Quote
I'd like to hear the results of an experiment.

I suspect that because of the large sensor the Raynox lens would display more edge effect than a larger Canon close-up lens. (a center crop of the Raynox image is likely ok, but it won't have good edge crops depending on the entrance pupil of the lens used!) But maybe this thinking is way off base.

Iowa Dave
QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
Raynox threads are 43mm, they come with an adapter that goes up to 67mm I believe.

The limitations would probably be some vignetting. But the most important limitation IMHO is that the Raynox force you to focus at a fixed distance. So they are less useful with primes (fixed magnification). With zooms you can vary the magnification.
When I initially said the only limitation bla bla bla... I thought the OP was talking about using 645 lenses on the crop sensor Dslr with some adaptors. If it was film then I think you are both right the small lens element on the raynox would probably be an issue on the the 645 camera. A 58mm threaded macro lens adaptor like the canon/sony I mentioned would be a much better option.

10-16-2012, 04:35 AM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,352
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
58mm should be fine. I would be more concerned with vignetting. Ranox 250 vignettes significantly on my Tamron 28-75 and 28mm prime. Why not borrow one and try it out first?
Doesn't vignette through the viewfinder on the FA 645 200mm F4. Will test it out in practice.

I'm pleased I came across this thread, as I hadn't even thought about the combination! I can see myself shooting my kids' eyeballs tomorrow!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, medium format, pentax, raynox
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted - Acquired: Raynox 150 bodhi08 Sold Items 2 07-05-2010 09:19 PM
Macro Raynox 150 - First Shots Perrumpo Post Your Photos! 8 05-02-2010 10:21 AM
DA 55-300mm and Raynox 150 Gregor Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 03-27-2010 07:10 AM
Raynox 150 or 250?? mr tibbs Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 11-30-2009 08:40 AM
Raynox 150/250 with film SLR? caretatra Pentax Film SLR Discussion 0 04-27-2009 08:04 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:16 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top