Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
6x7 troubleshooting tips , please

I bought a 6x7 body with TTL prism separately a 6x7 4.5/75 lens all on ebay.

I just loaded my first roll of film, everything loaded fine, but the shutter won't release AND the TTL is not metering, even with a brand new battery installed. The shutter will go down, it's not locked, but nothing's happening.

Is there something I'm overlooking? Or does it need a doctor?

Please help - I was so psyched to try out this camera!

05-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Download the manual from Pentax and read it. There is a specific sequence to follow regarding putting the lens and prism finder on.
This may be why you are not metering.
Obviously, clean the battery terminals and make sure the battery is installed correctly.
There is a small button below the shutter button. It doesn't stick out from the body and can be pushed with a toothpick or other small diameter instrument.
This is a mechanical release that will reset the mechanism is the shutter gets released while there is no battery in the camera or if the battery dies during exposure.
It's operation is explained in the manual as well.
Make note of it when you read the manual.
05-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you so much, Wheatfield! Will do.