Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #1

Cracks on body of 6X7

I just purchased a 6X7 body in very nice shape from ebay. I noticed a few very small cracks along the plastic parts of the camera near the mirror lockup lever, under the viewfinder/eyepiece, and right above the flash terminals. It appears the camera has been very well cared for and nothing is missing. In fact, the cracks are only visible upon very close inspection. It does not seem to me that this would affect the camera's performance, and in looking closely at other cameras on ebay, it seems this may be a common problem on these cameras.

Is anyone familiar with what I am talking about and has anyone ever seen this? Any thoughts? Thanks.

06-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I bought a used 67 body a few years ago and just noticed two of these tiny cracks myself. I have no problems with the camera. Mine are located by the mirror lock up lever and lens mount. Superficial I imagine.
06-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by TheWhiteElephant Quote
I just purchased a 6X7 body in very nice shape from ebay. I noticed a few very small cracks along the plastic parts of the camera near the mirror lockup lever, under the viewfinder/eyepiece, and right above the flash terminals. It appears the camera has been very well cared for and nothing is missing. In fact, the cracks are only visible upon very close inspection. It does not seem to me that this would affect the camera's performance, and in looking closely at other cameras on ebay, it seems this may be a common problem on these cameras.

Is anyone familiar with what I am talking about and has anyone ever seen this? Any thoughts? Thanks.
I have the same cracks on my 6x7 MLU. as far as I know they are only cracks in the black lacquer finish and are common on 6x7's.