Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #1

Problem with Pentax 67 TTL Pentaprism

Hi,

I just brought a Pentax 67 with TTL Pentaprism. I wonder how to switch on the TTL Pentaprísm. I can't turn the small switch to the ON or OFF position. It is blocked somehow. My questions are:
Is the pentaprism not mounted correctly?
Is the lens not mounted correctly?
It the pentaprism damaged?

Thanx in advance,

Markus

06-26-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

The switch is spring loaded. and returns to the center position after being actuated. The meter should then turn on for ~20 seconds.
There is some strangeness with the meter prism having to be mounted to the camera before the lens is mounted, and not mounting things int he correct order can damage the meter actuating chain. Do yourself a favour and download the camera manual and the manual for the meter prism and make sure you are following the instructions.
06-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by markus.heinisch Quote
Hi,

I just brought a Pentax 67 with TTL Pentaprism. I wonder how to switch on the TTL Pentaprísm. I can't turn the small switch to the ON or OFF position. It is blocked somehow. My questions are:
Is the pentaprism not mounted correctly?
Is the lens not mounted correctly?
It the pentaprism damaged?

Thanx in advance,

Markus
Markus: I have the same problem; I bought the TTL meter from KEH Camera; today I talked to a customer rep and ended up sending the view finder back to them for repair. I have the camer manual and the Prism manual, and I followed the installation procedure; also the KEH customer rep talked me through the procedure and it still didn't work. I'll let you know what I find out.

Last edited by fdennis; 06-29-2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: wrong word
06-30-2009, 01:23 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by markus.heinisch Quote
I just brought a Pentax 67 with TTL Pentaprism. I wonder how to switch on the TTL Pentaprísm. I can't turn the small switch to the ON or OFF position. It is blocked somehow.
I think it is the way it works. Mine cannot be fixed in ON or OFF posititions either, but it still operates normally, eg. if you push it into the ON position the meter switches on, and if you push it back, the meter goes off.

06-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by h734790 Quote
I think it is the way it works. Mine cannot be fixed in ON or OFF posititions either, but it still operates normally, eg. if you push it into the ON position the meter switches on, and if you push it back, the meter goes off.
I wish I had discovered this web site before I shipped my Pentaprism back to KEH. I think I'll call KEH and suggest that someone there look at this forum before they tear my Pentaprism apart. Thanks for the information. fdennis
06-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by fdennis Quote
I wish I had discovered this web site before I shipped my Pentaprism back to KEH. I think I'll call KEH and suggest that someone there look at this forum before they tear my Pentaprism apart. Thanks for the information. fdennis
One more thing: The TTL Pentaprism manual doesn't explain this very clearly.
09-11-2010, 05:58 AM   #7

PLEASE HELP!!!
hello to all! I have had the 67 (regular Pentaprism - external lightmeter) and this camera is heaven!!! I just purchased a TTL pentaprism (on ebay) from a trusted reseller, and looks great, yet I can't seem to make it function: I followed your instructions (the shutter dial sync, the on button, and of course, put on the prism before the lens)... but the need stays down (does not respond to light at all)! what should I do. I even downloaded the manual for the TTL but no additional info!!! please help!!!
kindly,

reza

09-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Reza, make sure the metal contacts on the camera and prism are clean. When checking the meter, make sure you are within its working range. Use the sunny 16 rule to set the shutter speed and aperture, then turn on your meter to see if it works.
09-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Battery?

Steve
09-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #10

It's all good now!!!!!! Thanks to both of you!!!!
i cleaned the connectors with an pensil eraser and the TTL prism works just fine now!!!! I am so releaved! thanks for the info guys ))
cheers

reza