Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #1

Hotshoe grip with 6x7?

Hi,

I have two 6x7 bodies, and one wooden grip with just the non-hot shoe (cold shoe?). I would like to get another grip handle so I don't have to keep swapping it from one body to the other.

My question is, would the hotshoe grip for the 67ii work with my 6x7 bodies, so that I can hook up a flash to them without having to use a pc-to-hotshoe adapter, like I'm doing now with my existing grip handle?
I know the 67ii has TTL flash control (or something like it?) with a 5-pin hotshoe, but I really just need a simple old one-pin hotshoe for my manual flash. Can the 67ii hotshoe grip be used just like the other grip, but with a built-in pc-to-hotshoe connector, or am I just better off buying the "cold-shoe" grip and another pc-to-hotshoe adapter to mount on it?

Thanks for any input you can give me.....

Sean

06-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
Pentaxian

No matter what you do, you will be plugging a cord into the camera. With that in mind, and not knowing if the 67II grip will even mount onto the older 6x7 body, I'd say just stay with the older handle grip as well.
06-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The 67ii grip fits on the 6x7.

What you then need is a PC to 4P or PC to 5P cord connecting the camera with the grip.

I don't have access to my manuals right now so I cannot say if the 67ii grip has a 4P or 5P connector. What I do know is that a PC to 4P cord is available (I have one). I don't know if a PC to 5P cord was ever made.

And, being away from home, I can't check if a 4P plug would fit a 5P connector.
06-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies....

It never crossed my mind that the 67ii grip would require a special cable.... I guess I just figured that the cable would be built in to it (permanently attached) but it was foolish of me to assume that.

With that in mind it would seem, as the other respondent suggested, that the easiest course of action is to just buy another older grip, and a hotshoe adapter, like I already have.

Thanks again for the info,

Sean