Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by knumbnutz Quote
Hi Pal,

Yes software can to a point manipulate images. Nodal points and perspective, not sure.
I have used autostitch which mostly does ok but plenty of times is not up to the job.

I have used CS3 and elements and while they have perspective shift and tilt, it is far from satifactory for me as u loose data through stretching.

Ultimately I believe there is no more perfect solution than a perfect straight image plane.
It is easy to do and processing will be a piece of cake. No blending, no ghosting, no shift, no nodal point, nothing but a flat image.
There is a place for both methods of course but only one is totally distortion free.

Cheers Neil

Have you tried this one?:

AutoPano Pro features - Panoramic photo software - panorama stitcher - photo stitch software

I haven't but will give it a try quite soon.....

At least they claim to solve most problems associated with panarama stitching.

"With Autopano Pro, you can:

- Create professional-quality panoramic images, by automatically stitching photos together,
- Take advantage of the numerous advanced features of Autopano Pro: exclusive system of automatic color and exposure correction, control points editor to stitch images together even in difficult cases, SmartBlend ghost-remover to correct moving people or objects, HDR stitching from bracketed images, and many more features to discover,
- Automate the whole process of panorama creation to spend more time on the field, not in front of your computer."

08-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hi All,
Just another update.

I have now got a crude box made that takes the 45/4 MF lens.
In the box i sat my K20D and set it to LIVE VIEW without a lens attached.
I was able to get the same field of view and just a fraction more than the DA*16-50 from the same position
Any wider and the camera chassis started to vignette the image but even still that wasnt so bad.
It will however get much more of the image circle by marginally canting the camera towards the lens but thats defeating the purpose of the exercise.

On the positive side, so far it seems to do exactly as anticipated. I was hoping for more FOV but if it is the same as the DA* at 16mm and totally without distortions then it is ok. I have also noted that 45/4 on the 67ii is a lot less FOV than 16mm on the APSC, so I have picked up, as an estimate 10deg. Now thats worth it !!!

In the next few weeks i will get an adapter made up and see what how that goes.

Cheers Neil

Last edited by knumbnutz; 08-17-2009 at 12:58 AM.