Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
How to load film in a Pentax 67

For the 6x7 film loading newbies, here's a vid showing how it's done on the 67II.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmJHVVaWRBg[/yt]

09-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
Pentaxian

LOL, dude put the friggen body cap on that camera. And per the manual, and good practice, you should place your finger on the film side roller while you're winding those first few cranks to provide tension and ensure a good tight start with no slack in the take-up spool.

I'd say if you need video instructions to load this camera, you're greener than a n00b.

Last edited by tuco; 09-06-2009 at 09:29 PM.
09-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
LOL, dude put the friggen body cap on that camera. And per the manual, and good practice, you should place your finger on the film side roller while you're winding those first few cranks to provide tension and ensure a good tight start with no slack in the take-up spool.

I'd say if you need video instructions to load this camera, you're greener than a n00b.
Having video instructions available isn't a bad thing in general. I learnt to load the 6x7 the hard way, practising with old throwaway film but wouldn't have said no to good video instructions. The missing body cap is a pretty big minus here though. The body is going to full of dust etc. in no time.
09-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Yes, the first thing I noticed was the missing body cap. I suspect he was either too lazy to grab it, or just has a camera/lens setup and no body cap. Easier to show changing film without the lens on.

One thing I always do is use a microfiber cloth when I change the pressure plate from 120 to 220. I never use my bare hands. He doesn't really show you how to seal the roll. There's two types, lick 'em and stick 'em, and self seal stickers.

Last edited by K-9; 09-07-2009 at 10:15 AM.
09-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Yes, the first thing I noticed was the missing body cap. I suspect he was either too lazy to grab it, or just has a camera/lens setup and no body cap. Easier to show changing film without the lens on.

One thing I always do is use a microfiber cloth when I change the pressure plate from 120 to 220. I never use my bare hands. He doesn't really show you how to seal the roll. There's two types, lick 'em and stick 'em, and self seal stickers.
Those self-sealing ones confuse me, now. I have just enough body-memory to keep licking em without thinking.
09-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #6

The body cap isn't important except for a dust situation. Live film won't be moved into the format until the door is closed and film is advanced about nine inches through the body. I do agree the video is a bit much.