Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
67 MLU Question.

First of all, I should introduce myself. I am new here but I have been reading this forum for months and have found the forum and the lens reviews to be an indispencable resource.

I purchased a K10D a year and a half ago and since then have developed a serious case of CBA and LBA. I now own 15 lenses, 6 bodies and all kinds of accessories.

My most recent acquisition is a 67 kit. After purchasing the kit I sent it to a reputable repair shop for a full CLA and to have the pressure plate and winding mechanism repaired.
Since getting it back, I have run 2 rolls of film through it using MLU on 90% of the shots and I have randomly had the problem of the mirror getting stuck on its way up.
I then have to press the little black button below the shutter release and it will finish going up.
The battery is brand new.

Is this a common problem?

Any help will be much appreciated,

Swift1

09-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #2

Hi Swift1,
Sometimes when a tech must repair many area's of a unit each function is checked maybe once or twice. If the tech is aware of the type of problem incountered by the user this section can be tested several times and adjusted to work each time used. If might be a case where you need to return it for further testing. The shutter release soleniod is not working correctly.
Eric