Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
Site Supporter

67 to K Mount Adapter Info

Well, just couldn't help it...ordered a 67 lens to K mount body adapter. Generally, I'm a fan of OEM Pentax items, but due to short supply of the "real deal" ended up "settling" for a generic.

The Fotodiox brand converter shipped from a U.S. address and arrived in just under a week. I ordered it through Amazon.com for $89.95 plus reasonable $4.95 shipping.

This item exceeds my expectations.

Fotodiox claims the converter has nice tight connections to both lens and camera...and I'll be dipped, both ends have tolerances tighter than some of my best gear! Snaps into place on the lens, locks onto the body just as smoothly. No wiggle whatsoever on the lens end and very light amount of movement on the camera contact.

Just to settle my own questions about how the conversion translates...the M*300 and M*400 both shoot the same angle of view as 300 and 400 mm lenses designed for K mount. I used an oversized K mount zoom to compare and that's what comes out of the camera (K10d). Of course, the angle of view is much tighter than the view that shows in the 67II viewfinder (quicky "my eye" tests without film). If you've ever seen one of those outlines of a 67 frame with the smaller 35mm and 645 frames outlined within it to show the comparison...well, that's about the size comparison. Actually, it's smaller than 35mm with the aps C format.

My M*400 is a bit bright on exposure wide open so I get to compensate with a slightly faster shutter speed--kind of like having an f3.5 lens. The M*300 exposes as expected. I tested both lenses at various f stops. It's manual stop down, but quite workable.

100 Macro was interesting. When set to 1 to 1 lifesize (with lifesize converter) it produces lifesize images on both 67 and APS C. The 67 image is 6 centimeters by 7 centimeters. The K10D image is the size of it's sensor.

So the converter equates to letting you shoot your Pentax digital camera with your 67 lenses working as if they were DA or FA lenses--at least in terms of angle of view, or perspective or framing. Whichever term you prefer.

09-12-2009, 03:19 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ron, thanks for the encouraging info. I've trying to locate an oem item myself and I've only found one source (actually in Finland, of all places!). The price after currency conversion seems to be about 2.5-3 what you paid. I've been eyeballing the Fotodiox too so I'll likely go down that route, especially if I can find a source within the EU and thus can avoid taxes & customs.
09-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Riku--Well, I must admit that I found the Fotodiox and Amazon from the recommendation posted under your want ad in the marketplace. I clicked on the recommended link and it took me to the Amazon site and pricing...so I just shrugged and bought it. If other copies are similar to mine, I recommend it as a worthwhile alternative to a "real" Pentax converter.

Tomorrow, I'm playing with the Zork Multi-Focus System so I'll have a lens with up to 40 degrees of tilt that has the perspective of a 105mm lens. Plus, I've adapted a Pentax multi-element diopter for 645 lenses to make the Zork also a macro that reaches just short of 1 to 1 with the tilt movement. Should be pretty interesting...I figure with a few years to learn to use the Scheimflug effect for lens movements and hey...I might get a decent shot or two before old age claims me!
09-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
D W
Veteran Member

Tilt calculator

Ron:

This Rodenstock Scheimpflug + DOF calculator is in my bag along with Pocket Kodak Master Photo Guide. Very handy and takes a lot of guess work and set up time in the field with TS lenses.
I always have problem getting things right when I am using TS lenses but never with 6x9 or larger bellows camera.

The Rodenstock catalog number is 260700, worth tracking one down for your type of work.

Attached Images

09-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the tip, I'll do some searching...

So far have picked chokecherries and put up some jelly and syrup...no photo time yet...maybe later or tomorrow.
09-20-2009, 03:44 AM   #6

Dear Ron!

I would ask You if FotoDiox 6x7 lens to K adapter does have also outer bayonet?

Thanx
09-20-2009, 07:32 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Here is my Pentax K for 67 Lens adapter. It accepts inner and outer bayonet mount 67 lenses.

It can rotate as well (the knob on the right side is to unlock/lock the rotating ability).

Very nice quality. Solid.

Last edited by yurihuta; 09-20-2009 at 07:38 AM.
09-21-2009, 02:53 AM   #8

Yurihuta: where did You buy it? Is it from ebay or KEH? How much was it?

09-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #9
Site Supporter

therion: I bought this from an eBay seller. It was $100. I can not tell that it was used, it is in true "like new" condition.
09-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
Site Supporter

There are two on auction right now, at least I see them from the US version of the website.
09-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Fotodiox does not have outer bayonet mount, only inner. It also does not have rotational capability like the true Pentax converter. The Fotodiox does have a small tripod mount.
09-22-2009, 04:35 AM   #12

Thanx! Ok I must go for original Pentax adapter to have outer bayonet.