Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Help!! 67 Shutter won't fire.

I went to take a photo f my daughter today with 67, cocked the shutter, pressed the shutter button and nothing. I have already taken 4 frames on this roll of film so I know it is loaded properly. before I tried to take the photo I was toying with the idea of a waist level finder so i took the prism off and then cocked the shutter. There is nothing in manual that says not to do this but this may have been the problem.I was using the 90mm LS lens also and I'm not sure if I had the little switch att the front of the lens set right.

Any help would be great.

Swift1

10-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
It'll sound silly but... is the battery ok?

Have you tried by resetting the shutter? with that "hidden" button on the front rigth side (as using the camera)
10-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

AAa! I think I know this. It's been a long time. Set the lens to the FP shutter mode, then unmount it. Reattach the finder as usual. (Not sure this is necessary) But if you remount the lens and make a normal exposure, it should respond as usual thereafter, at least.

(Am I remembering right? It's been more than twenty years. )
10-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No luck but thanks.

Thanks guys, but battery is new, tried remounting lens, tried changing lenses, and still nothing.

Swift1

10-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Thanks guys, but battery is new, tried remounting lens, tried changing lenses, and still nothing.

Swift1
I once had a cable release screwed into my 67's shutter button. I set the camera on the ground. I went to pick it up and I inadvertently had my foot on the other end of the cable release. The force bent the shutter button assembly slightly and broke off the tip of my shutter cable.

My shutter wouldn't work after that as you describe. I'd push the button and nothing. I took a flat-tip screw driver and wrapped tape around it. I wedged it between the body and the shutter assembly base. I gently forced the shutter button in the direction away from the prism. It started to work again. Every now and then it stops working. I repeat the process and she is good to go.

Don't use much force. Give that a try if you're desperate.

Last edited by tuco; 10-03-2009 at 04:55 PM.
10-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
I have had this problem a few times before, but i just cant remember the fix. Once i had fixxed it myself, the other I had to send it for professional help. If i come up with anything I will let you know.

Oh, is the film advance lever locked or does it move freely?