Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Panoramic Convertor ??

Hi All,

Anyone using one for the 67 and 35mm film ??

Cheers Neil

10-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Sure, it's called a Hasselblad XpanII.
Sorry, probably not the response you were looking for...
It appears that there are several brands of 67 to pano adapters out there. The ones I've read about used the 120 or 220 film--or so I thought. Basically crop windows that insert into the film plane area. 35mm film pano system would be nice.
10-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
...35mm film pano system would be nice.
You can find them on Ebay. They come with two panoramic adapters. One for adapting film plate and one for the viewfinder. Also, inserts for adapting the 135 film canister in the 120 film chamber.

I've never used one myself but seen photos on Flickr.
10-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
D W
Veteran Member

Yes there was one where you expose an area of 68X24 onto 35mm film. However it was cumbersome to use at the end of the roll (35mm was meant as a rewind instead of a wind through to take up spool) and you lose a bit of the leader.
I forgot how many exposure you get onto 36exp 35mm but IMHO not worth the extra expenditure and steps.
To get Panos I either use 6X12 back on a 4X5 or just waste the top/bottom off the film on the 67.

10-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hi all,
Just got one on ebay. Not sure about using 35mm film, may just stick to 120 but i think the plate will help framing and composition but i'll see how it goes. Will be like an Xpan with shift.

Xpan would be nice but they are over the top expensive especially the lack of lenses, 45 and 90 arent too bad, but 30mm is more than $3000usd second hand , WTF ? LOL more than they were new.
Well it is one of the original reasons i got the 67ii so that i could crop the image to a pano and use the lenses.

I have always wanted a 617 but then it requires a whole other system and again just too much expense at this stage.

Oh well see what happens.

Cheers Neil
10-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Yes, I was coveting the 617 systems too...and then "settled" on my 67II with no regrets. If you are a scan and print kind of shooter, then cropping the 6x7 image is pretty straightforward. I only do direct "chrome to chrome" prints (chrome transparencies to Ilfochrome/Cibachrome prints) so the scan and crop doesn't work for me (though I scanned several 6x7 images today for a magazine submission due next Friday). Hassy XpanII does work for me however! Can't believe the prices on 'em. Mine is worth more now than when I bought it. Note also that the 30mm has a horizontal pano field of view equal to a 15mm lens on a 35mm camera--so it's really really really wide angle. The 45mm on pano setting has roughly the angle of view of a 22mm which is still plenty wide. I only have the 45mm and 90mm and just love the system. Probably not likely to ever add the 30mm due to cost and the fact that I don't need much wider than what the pano setting gives me on the 45mm.

Let us all know how your trials go with the pano adapter.