Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
new eyecup for 645 series?

I really want a flexible eyecup for my 645N bodies. The big rigid one does not do it for me. I keep seeing the eyecups on the 645D demo bodies and it looks perfect. Is there any chance this already exists and I have just overlooked it?

Yuri

OK1000 Pentax Blog: Medium Format

10-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
D W
Veteran Member

That looks like a really really good eyecup. I have not seen it on any Pentax Camera until now. The big hard rubber thingie of the 645 is not the greatest, especially if you were eyeglasses.

I had a more flexible screw on eyecup that was lying around and it roughly fits the thread on the 645 eyepiece. The fit was not perfect and I use two drops of red locktite to secure it.
10-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I used to also have some Bronica SQAi gear and would take the rubber eyecup from the ACCURFOCUS critical focusing magnifier and it fit the 645N perfectly, except it was a complete circle and would interfere a little with changing the film backs. I sold off all the Bronica gear including the ACCURFOCUS magnifier (and rubber eyecup). I think I will order a pair of replacement rubber eyecups to try again on the 645N bodies and maybe just alter it a little with some cuts to make changing film back easier.
10-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #4
D W
Veteran Member

AH! it just hit me, the Pentax hard rubber one is cut off at the bottom to clear the film insert.

I think the eyecup that I am using was from one of there odd and end clearance bin at a local photo-retailer.

10-22-2009, 05:01 PM   #5

Check out the 3rd response here: Eyecup for Pentax 645NII - Photo.net Medium Format Forum