07-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That saves me a lot of dosh

07-22-2010, 01:25 AM   #47
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
That saves me a lot of dosh
LOL! I'd have to agree, though maybe some more refined tests might show some differences like wide-open at f/3.5 or extreme edge sharpness/aberrations (which I can't test since it's being majorly cropped on the Canon 5D). So in other words this comparison only compares the central region of the lenses.

If anyone wants to inspect the RAW's or full size jpg's, here are the links:
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

These jpg's were converted in ACR6.0 via Photoshop CS5, then 'Smart Sharpened' using the 'Remove Lens Blur' option at 90% & 0.8 pixel radius (amazing results):

NOTES: - These files can only be downloaded by the first 10 people since I haven't registered with Rapidshare, if you can't download them & really want to; let me know & I'll see if I can re-upload them. The EXIF data may be incorrect (since the Canon can't read the lens info). I've used a Fotodiox 645-EOS adapter.

Maybe someone else can confirm my findings or offer any other comments, perhaps with another A vs FA comparison if necessary.

Cheers.