Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
help with a 645

Just came in the mail! The noise it makes when you snap a shot ...(amazing).

Okay, so my problem. When the camera is on the top LED screen shows "M 1000". Well when I turn it OFF the led screen still shows "M 1000". In fact you can change the settings on the camera while its off. You cannot however take a picture. so my question is this: Is it suppose to do this? Am I suppose to take out the batteries to completely turn it off?

01-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
Forum Member

It will show that until you load it with film. Or if you have the lens aperture ring on something other than "A" and you've selected the shutter speed of 1000, in which case you can change it by using the arrow buttons, even, yes, when the camera is off.
01-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
To be even more precise: it will show that till you load the film and push the shutter release once, upon which the camera forwards the film to frame #1. I still tend to forget this 'feature'

The 35mm cams of the same era also were locked at 1000 until you forwarded / released shutter to where the film counter read 1.