Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #1591
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 153
I've just got my first few rolls from the 645N back. I'm impressed!

Natural history museum, London. Astia 100, pushed 1 stop



And a couple on Ilford HP5+ at 400
My wife's grandfather:


The happy couple!


04-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #1592
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,784
Superb shot of the museum Cuchulainn !
I think you scanned the two last ones in colour, did you ? You should try in monochrome 16 bits.
04-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #1593
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 153
Thanks!

The last two were scanned by the developer - I'm not set up to develop or scan 120 film. I'd definitely like to get better scans of some of the shots from these rolls though - the detail looks outstanding (as a MF newcomer!)
04-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #1594
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
GeneV's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albuquerque NM
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,775
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
hahah holy crap, think i'd be more tempted by the autolab
I also see a lot of minilab equipment for under $1,000 if you have the space and the volume.

04-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #1595
Veteran Member
Steinback's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: GTA, ON, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,673
I don't know about an entire mini lab but on paper some of the scanners that go with the labs look interesting. The ability to automatically scan an entire roll of 35mm or 120 film at high speed and high resolution with ICE would be nice, but I have some serious concerns about software availability/hardware compatibility and support seeing as the machines were never intended for sale to the general public. I've seen a few supposedly complete labs advertised in the $1000 to $1500 range, which is less than a Nikon 9000 scanner.
04-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #1596
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,273
QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
I don't know about an entire mini lab but on paper some of the scanners that go with the labs look interesting. The ability to automatically scan an entire roll of 35mm or 120 film at high speed and high resolution with ICE would be nice, but I have some serious concerns about software availability/hardware compatibility and support seeing as the machines were never intended for sale to the general public. I've seen a few supposedly complete labs advertised in the $1000 to $1500 range, which is less than a Nikon 9000 scanner.

that was my thinking, and I could likely process for others to offset chemical costs. (not to mention the ability to have it print proofs for colour shots rather than doing it on scanner/computer/printer like i do now)
on the other hand if i brought one of these huge buggers home, i'd likely end up living on the streets with it
04-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #1597
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
GeneV's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albuquerque NM
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,775
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
that was my thinking, and I could likely process for others to offset chemical costs. (not to mention the ability to have it print proofs for colour shots rather than doing it on scanner/computer/printer like i do now)
on the other hand if i brought one of these huge buggers home, i'd likely end up living on the streets with it
That was my thought. I'm doing well to get a spare bathroom for the film.
04-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #1598
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
Now that I am waiting for my Chamonix 45-N2 (copycat of Stevebrot ) and it has been raining like crazy, I decided to take a few quick pics of my setup on the Berlebach 2032

  1. Pentax 67 with 75/4.5 Shift
  2. Pentax with 55/4 and Kirk L-bracket
  3. Autocord with Panorama Head

Cheers,

Luc


Last edited by lbenac; 07-14-2012 at 07:05 AM.
04-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #1599
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,139
A wet scan test on I shot I took back in December when I was testing out my new wide angle lens for this camera. I took a similar shot of this fountain before. The color is from scanning as generic color negative and sampling the film base to lock the scanning exposure on a pyro stained negative.

I Purchased some wet scanning supplies for my 4x5 negatives on my Epson 4990 and thought I'd give it a try on my Coolscan 9000ED I use for medium format. It didn't work too well. I used its regular glass carrier and the glass part is not wide enough for an overlap you need push out air bubbles and seal the sides since the carrier was made to just fit the width of 120 roll film.

I was seeing if it would help save some time cleaning dust and really it didn't counting the time to fuss of trying to get the air bubbles out on that carrier. I would, however, trade the time fussing with setting the wet scan over cleaning up the negative in post if I had a carrier that would work.

This scan has some spots where the fluid either evaporated or a bubble formed after I put it in and the scanning was complete. There is also some ghosting from people standing around that eventually moved during the long exposure.




Hasselbad 500C/M, Zeiss Distagon CF T* FLE 50mm, NDX400 + O2 Orange Filter, 100 Acros, PMK Pyro, 60 Second Exposure


Last edited by tuco; 04-10-2011 at 07:25 PM.
04-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #1600
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Zeiss Distagon CF T* FLE 50mm
You have one of these

Is the wet mounting working with the flatbed?

Cheers,

Luc
04-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #1601
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,139
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
You have one of these

Is the wet mounting working with the flatbed?

Cheers,

Luc
Yes, one of those. Nice lens so far for sure. I did find out that I can't stack two filters without vignetting unless they are both thin filter I suppose. That Pentax O2 filter is pretty thick-frammed I used with the ND filter.

I don't have the 4x5 glass mounting station from Better Scanning for my 4990 yet to try it out. It's on order.
04-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #1602
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Yes, one of those. Nice lens so far for sure. I did find out that I can't stack two filters without vignetting unless they are both thin filter I suppose. That Pentax O2 filter is pretty thick-frammed I used with the ND filter.
Is that with a B60 to 67mm adapter?

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I don't have the 4x5 glass mounting station from Better Scanning for my 4990 yet to try it out. It's on order.
I am looking forward to hear what you think of it including the mounting process

Cheers,

Luc
04-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #1603
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,139
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Is that with a B60 to 67mm adapter?

Luc
I use a B60 to 67mm adapter but it also just so happens that Pentax 67mm bayonet filters also fit Zeiss B60 lens bayonet mount without any adapter and the bayonet lens hood still fits over the filter. Sweet deal.
04-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #1604
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I use a B60 to 67mm adapter but it also just so happens that Pentax 67mm bayonet filters also fit Zeiss B60 lens bayonet mount without any adapter and the bayonet lens hood still fits over the filter. Sweet deal.

Sweet indeed
04-11-2011, 05:50 AM   #1605
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,784
Wonderful tonality Tuco ! I love this little sepia touch !
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, camera, cameras, cheapo, drive, efex, film, flickr, format, frame, fujifilm, holes, lens, lomo, medium, medium format, p67ii, pentax 67, portra, post, road, roll, scanner, shot, shots, silver, software, strait, takumar 90mm
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Medium Format straightshooter Pentax Medium Format 3 08-24-2010 07:10 AM
Medium format... D4rknezz Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 04-06-2010 03:59 PM
Medium Format Soon? k100d Pentax News and Rumors 0 03-04-2009 12:09 PM
Medium Format Buffy Pentax Medium Format 5 03-19-2008 12:04 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:07 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top