Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #1651
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I was bored today. 645D, 55mm, 800iso, +3 Diopter. B&W the same but at 1600iso. All handheld.

Attached Images

Last edited by Yamanobori; 04-23-2011 at 03:42 PM.
04-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #1652
Site Supporter

Here's a couple on Velvia 100F with the 67 and 105mm:

Makten, do you develop your C41 in a rotary or Paterson type tank? I'll be away from good processing for several months, so the Tetenal/Unicolor kits really appeal to me.
04-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #1653

Photos: Albums
I haven't posted any images here for awhile. Here are a couple of recent pics. First two with my Hasselblad 501CM and 60 CFi lens (Velvia 100). The third with my P67II and 55mm lens (Acros 100).

Gary
Attached Images

04-23-2011, 10:39 PM   #1654
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bensonga Quote
I haven't posted any images here for awhile. Here are a couple of recent pics. First two with my Hasselblad 501CM and 60 CFi lens (Velvia 100). The third with my P67II and 55mm lens (Acros 100).

Gary
Good to see some shots. Nice ones too.

04-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #1655
Pentaxian

Finally finished a role. Having passed this old gas station many times, I finally decided to try a shot. Yuk, it's located right on a busy highway with only the sidewalk width to stand in front of it. You can't get a decent angle or step back without being in the road.

Hasselblad 500C/M, Zeiss Distagon CF T* FLE 50mm f4, Portra 400, EI200, Jobo C-41 Press Kit

Hasselblad 500C/M, Zeiss Distagon CF T* FLE 50mm f4, Portra 400, EI200, Jobo C-41 Press Kit

Last edited by tuco; 04-25-2011 at 06:16 AM.
04-24-2011, 11:56 AM   #1656

Photos: Albums
Love those images of the old gas station Tuco......you made the most of a bad location! Great colors etc.
04-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #1657
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Finally finished a role. Having passed this old gas station many times, I finally decided to try a shot. Yuk, it's located right on a busy highway with only the sidewalk width to stand in front of it. You can't get a decent angle or step back without being in the road.
What about shooting from the car window with the warning lights on :-)
If people honk just say that you are a lost Canadian tourist

Or that could be a challenge to dig out your LF and come back - it is a nice station.

Cheers,

Luc

04-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #1658
Veteran Member

Still no luck with Divided Pyrocat - yes I know I tried again
Went out shooting with the 67 on Friday and with Autocord on Saturday. I was in good spirit and decided to go broke and try divided Pyrocat on both rolls again. I was then in bad spirit as the two rolls have again very uneven development.
So back to 1+1+100.

Minolta Autocord - Adox CHS50

P67 200/4 - Efke 25

Cheers,

Luc

Last edited by lbenac; 04-24-2011 at 06:47 PM.
04-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #1659
Pentaxian

Another vist to Fort Casey State Park on Widbey Is. Well, this turned out a partial disaster. This was difficult to scan and adjust. I have to practice more with the one-degree spot meter and this film. I metered like I would for BW but the shadows turned out much darker than expected. And pulling the them up sure created a lot of noise. And I'm wondering too if it's time to mix new chemicals because it sure was contrasty with colors that didn't seem right.

Hasseblad 500C/M, Zeiss Distagon CF T* FLE 50mm f4, Polarize Filter, New Porta 400, Jobo C-41 Press Kit

Last edited by tuco; 04-25-2011 at 06:16 AM.
04-25-2011, 01:43 AM   #1660
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a great set of photos from all you guys
tuco - cool to see you shooting some more colour, nice results.
Luc - pity about the uneven development again. I will say however that I really like both of those shots. You could probably even out the sky on the first one a lot by using adobe lightroom or photoshop. In lightroom, I would try carefully using the brush tool. Probably telling you what you already know but thought it was worth a mention.
Recently I attended an airshow and shot a few rolls on the 67 over a couple of days. Still need to wait to get home to process. Much to my surprise, I saw another bloke using a Pentax 67II! I had my 67 out at the time and spoke to him briefly - for what it's worth, he didn't seem too happy to be disturbed!

cheers,
Jason
04-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #1661
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bensonga Quote
Love those images of the old gas station Tuco......you made the most of a bad location! Great colors etc.
Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
What about shooting from the car window with the warning lights on :-)
If people honk just say that you are a lost Canadian tourist

Or that could be a challenge to dig out your LF and come back - it is a nice station.

Cheers,

Luc
But the license plate might give me away.

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
tuco - cool to see you shooting some more colour, nice results.

cheers,
Jason
Thanks.
04-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #1662
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by kkado Quote
Here's a couple on Velvia 100F with the 67 and 105mm:
Nice! A bit too high contrast for my taste, but I'll try it one day.

QuoteQuote:
Makten, do you develop your C41 in a rotary or Paterson type tank? I'll be away from good processing for several months, so the Tetenal/Unicolor kits really appeal to me.
I use a Paterson tank. It works, but takes some effort with temperature. If I shot more color film than ~1-2 rolls a week, I'd get some sort of selftempering rotary machine.

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
A thought; how about standing on the other side of the highway and shooting a long exposure with slow film? I don't know how the regulations are for lights on cars over there, but if most cars have their lights off at daytime, it might work. Over here you have to have the lights on even during the day (which actually is quite good, since it's much easier to notice a moving car with the lights on).
04-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #1663
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Makten Quote

A thought; how about standing on the other side of the highway and shooting a long exposure with slow film? I don't know how the regulations are for lights on cars over there, but if most cars have their lights off at daytime, it might work. Over here you have to have the lights on even during the day (which actually is quite good, since it's much easier to notice a moving car with the lights on).
Later, I did think of across the street (a 5-lane blv) with a ladder but not the long exposure with car lights. A good chance to use that M* 300mm I have for my 6x7. I really want to shoot that lens more.
04-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #1664

QuoteOriginally posted by Makten Quote
That's a good start. I'm really glad that I tried C-41, because now I have sort of no reasons for shooting digital at all anymore. Perhaps I'll get rid of my Nikon & Zeiss gear and just get a Fuji X100 for whenever the P67 is too heavy to lug around. I actually take it with me every day now.

Yeah, it's fantastic! But since I shoot mostly 400 film and at daytime, I can't use the wide aperture much so I've found myself grabbing the 90/2.8 instead, most of the time. The 90 has a little bit harsher bokeh but is sharper for closer work, and I like the angle of view better. In fact, it's perfect.

No, the colors are straight out of the scanner if we're talking about the balance. But I did apply a curve to slightly increase contrast on some pics, which also brought the saturation up. But not by much.

I just developed the first roll of Portra 400 ("new"), and MY GOD it looks awesome! Much, much better negatives than the Reala, with a very transparent base with just a light orange cast. Nothing like the brownish expired films. I'll get back with some scans tomorrow.

The V700 goes up to 6400 DPI, but that's not really true resolution. In reality you don't gain anything above 2400 or so. At least not with the stock filmholder and/or without wetmounting. But that still means ~30 megapixels of quite nice quality. Perhaps equivalent to 15-20 on a digital sensor. I'll show some crops next time.

One problem with the scanner is that the color channels come out with a tiny bit of offset in one direction. So you get something that looks like chromatic aberration, but linearly from left to right or vice versa. This should be pretty simple to correct by moving the layers, but I haven't bothered with it yet.

Edit: And about cost, over here it's much cheaper to develop C-41 at home than to send the film away. I think I'm winning at just 7-8 rolls with the Tetenal kit. And as tuco said, you can have the roll developed the same day you shot it.
By the way, over at the APUG forum there's a guy that developed more than 20 rolls over 6 months with his kit. But perhaps he's only using slow film, which doesn't exhaust the chemicals as fast.
Thanks, Makten!
As for digital: I love my 67II for b&w but for jobs I need to use the 645D which is cheaper. My customers don't pay for rolls and scans. However, looking at your impressive results, I'll try out the Porta 400 and the Tetenal kit (which one is it exactly?).
Thanks again! Alex
04-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #1665
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by phonoline Quote
Thanks, Makten!
As for digital: I love my 67II for b&w but for jobs I need to use the 645D which is cheaper. My customers don't pay for rolls and scans. However, looking at your impressive results, I'll try out the Porta 400 and the Tetenal kit (which one is it exactly?).
Thanks again! Alex
I don't know exactly, I just bougt something called "Tetenal C-41 kit", the 1 liter version.

From the next roll of Portra 400...