Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #1861
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is one of my favourite threads though I have little to contribute except gosh-wow type responses to the photos you guys produce. I thought I'd send out the invite to all the fast developers here. If you have shots processed from May 15-29, then please share them to the Picture Of The Week thread.

05-23-2011, 01:39 AM   #1862

QuoteOriginally posted by Makten Quote
Lovely shot Martin, that reminds me of the serenity I was feeling while resting on the shore of Finnish lakes, during a 5-day hike I did there. I think the subdued colours help in producing that effect. That framing with the branch, almost protecting the viewer the way a roof would, doesn't harm either

Thanks for sharing!
05-23-2011, 03:11 AM   #1863
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
I am doing my development in our laundry room. One of the issue is that the f@#!$%^&* dryer is also in the laundry room. SO in an effort to keep the dust at bay and still have negative dry in a reasonable amount of time I came up with the following. Still experimental of course.
Looks good Luc.
So what is all that? :P The clear plastic(?) to keep the film isolated from dust, a dehumidifying heater to help it dry faster, and something else at the top?
Is it all your own creation?

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Hey captain, I love that shot!
Apparently a Tintin movie is going to be made, with Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson directing/producing.
05-23-2011, 06:47 AM   #1864
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Apparently a Tintin movie is going to be made, with Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson directing/producing.
How can I groan loud enough to be heard in Hollywood?

05-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #1865
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Minolta Autocord, the first roll through that I only now got around to getting developed, Kodak Portra 160NC expired in 2006
05-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #1866
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

Minolta Autocord, the first roll through that I only now got around to getting developed, Kodak Portra 160NC expired in 2006

Hey Jussi, by now you should be reasonable taken by the Autocord. Such a neat little camera to have around. If you get a chance, you can get the Rolleinar set of lenses to allow for close(r) focus, it gives more versatility to the camera.

Cheers,

Luc
05-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #1867
Veteran Member

Just trying out my newly acquired Hasselblad 60/3.5. AFter I decided to keep the Hasselblad over the 645 as my lighter small format system, I have retooled a little bit my line-up. The first new kid on the block is the 60/.35,
I took it for a little spin in our neighborhood park.
One thing that is for sure, composing/focusing with WLF for a direct vertical shot downward is not the easiest....

400TMY-2 in Pyrocat HD.

My contribution to my wife gardening

Last edited by lbenac; 05-23-2011 at 06:05 PM.
05-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #1868
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey Jussi, by now you should be reasonable taken by the Autocord. Such a neat little camera to have around. If you get a chance, you can get the Rolleinar set of lenses to allow for close(r) focus, it gives more versatility to the camera.

Cheers,

Luc
Luc, I have a Yashica +1 set, and a 6 piece Spiratone set, and an India branded one too. The Yashica close up is the best of the bunch.

05-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #1869
Pentaxian

Just trying out my newly acquired Hasselblad 60/3.5. AFter I decided to keep the Hasselblad over the 645 as my lighter small format system, I have retooled a little bit my line-up. The first new kid on the block is the 60/.35,
I took it for a little spin in our neighborhood park.
One thing that is for sure, composing/focusing with WLF for a direct vertical shot downward is not the easiest....

400TMY-2 in Pyrocat HD.

My contribution to my wife gardening
Nice. It's square! You can rotate the camera on the tripod 90 like you would with a camera for portrait orientation and look from the side really easy.
05-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #1870
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Nice. It's square! You can rotate the camera on the tripod 90 like you would with a camera for portrait orientation and look from the side really easy.
No I am talking up/down hand held not portrait/landscape I found that the reflection make it difficult to see and of course after a while you are bound to move.
05-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #1871
Pentaxian

No I am talking up/down not portrait/landscape
I'm saying you don't have to look through the WLF from the top. Rotate the camera on the tripod and the WLF is now horizontal where you can easily view for situations where you raise the camera up to eye-level or when it's pointed down.
05-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #1872
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I'm saying you don't have to look through the WLF from the top. Rotate the camera on the tripod and the WLF is now horizontal where you can easily view for situations where you raise the camera up to eye-level or when it's pointed down.
I think the manual for my baby Yashica-44 has an example using that technique.

Steve

(At least, I think that is where I saw it...just remember an attractive Asian woman doing weird things with the camera...)
05-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #1873
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I think the manual for my baby Yashica-44 has an example using that technique.

Steve

(At least, I think that is where I saw it...just remember an attractive Asian woman doing weird things with the camera...)

Yes I have the Ninja lady doing the same in the Autocord manual. The problem is that with some side light and the WLF horizontal there is too much reflection and I cannot see the ground glass. Even less so with my glasses.
05-23-2011, 09:46 PM   #1874
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Looks good Luc.
So what is all that? :P The clear plastic(?) to keep the film isolated from dust, a dehumidifying heater to help it dry faster, and something else at the top?
Is it all your own creation?

The top is just a heavy plastic with holes to keep the vinyl together. The same is at the bottom but with foam to spong the water falling from the neg.

I could not find the original vinyl enclosure that came with the dryer when new so I happen to find this huge one. I considered cutting the top to fit the square of the dryer but then decided to simply enclose the dryer.

Cheers,

Luc
05-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #1875

645D / 120 macro

Just received 120 A macro to play with on the 645D - nothing like a cat photo!