Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #2071
Senior Member
catsman50's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: jupiter FL
Posts: 139
its kodak ektar 100, b&h has it for $3.79 a roll also idk if you guys are into slide film but fuji astia is a great film if you can find it

06-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #2072
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,929
QuoteOriginally posted by Makten Quote
Ah, nice shots everyone!

I just scanned some Ektar again, with even better result than last time. The developer seems a bit worn though, because now I'm at 4 minutes developing time and I still don't get very dense negatives. I'll do a few more rolls and then scrap the chems and get a new kit. It has been really fun and challenging so far!
Sweet. That fern is really nice.
06-26-2011, 12:06 AM   #2073
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,929
Trying out a new lens. Steve can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the first one is a 1961 Chevy truck with a 1950 GMC panel truck in the background.





Zeiss Makro-Planar CF T* 120mm f4, New Portra 160, Jobo C-41 Press Kit



Zeiss Makro-Planar CF T* 120mm f4, New Portra 160, Jobo C-41 Press Kit

06-26-2011, 04:42 AM   #2074
Site Supporter
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,295
Sharpness looks outstanding Tuco. My favourite would be your first one, the background of the clouds provides a nice finish to a great all round shot. Fantastic colour too!

06-26-2011, 06:46 AM   #2075
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,190
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Steve can correct me if I'm wrong
...Ha! Ha!

Great photos, though I don't know anything about Chevy/GMC trucks!


Steve
06-26-2011, 06:54 AM   #2076
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
You finally took the plunge in heavy debt and got the 120 Makro
First shots seems everything it should be on a small image - please do tell on a large print. If you have a chance and the desire, could you check this lens against the 150 at infinity? Some people say that it is great as a landscape lens at infinity some people says that the 150 gives better results.

On my way to Tofino this week with the 4x5 set-up and the two Fuji 6x9 as back-up. Based on the weather, It looks like I won't be able to use either

Cheers,

Luc



QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Trying out a new lens. Steve can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the first one is a 1961 Chevy truck with a 1950 GMC panel truck in the background.





Zeiss Makro-Planar CF T* 120mm f4, New Portra 160, Jobo C-41 Press Kit



Zeiss Makro-Planar CF T* 120mm f4, New Portra 160, Jobo C-41 Press Kit

06-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #2077
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,929
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Sharpness looks outstanding Tuco. My favourite would be your first one, the background of the clouds provides a nice finish to a great all round shot. Fantastic colour too!
Thanks. This film scans real easy. So far everyone I've done takes very little color adjustment even though I don't have a profile for it in the scanning software. The New Portra 400, on the other hand, I have a much harder time with getting the color half-way correct. Go figure.

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...Ha! Ha!

Great photos, though I don't know anything about Chevy/GMC trucks!

Steve
Thanks. I guess these don't have the lure of the older classics to want to know much about them.

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
You finally took the plunge in heavy debt and got the 120 Makro
First shots seems everything it should be on a small image - please do tell on a large print. If you have a chance and the desire, could you check this lens against the 150 at infinity? Some people say that it is great as a landscape lens at infinity some people says that the 150 gives better results.

On my way to Tofino this week with the 4x5 set-up and the two Fuji 6x9 as back-up. Based on the weather, It looks like I won't be able to use either

Cheers,

Luc
I just got back from a trip to Alaska. I believe I did use the lens on a landscape but it was more a crop section of landscape instead of the vast distant kind. The lens only goes to a 1:4.5 magnification for a macro making an extension tube necessary for 1:1 and closer. But it should do fine for full face portrait work.

The trip was a disaster photographic wise. I went with my parents to visit a relative. I was at the mercy of their schedule. I could only do road side photography or shots at places we were going. I kept thinking of your post about using your 4x5 with the wife and dog along

Last edited by tuco; 06-26-2011 at 07:45 AM.
06-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #2078
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,190
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
On my way to Tofino this week with the 4x5 set-up and the two Fuji 6x9 as back-up. Based on the weather, It looks like I won't be able to use either
I hope the weather cooperates for you. Tofino is such a treasure chest for photography. I am looking forward to what you bring back from the 4x5!


Steve

06-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #2079
Site Supporter
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,295
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
You finally took the plunge in heavy debt and got the 120 Makro
First shots seems everything it should be on a small image - please do tell on a large print. If you have a chance and the desire, could you check this lens against the 150 at infinity? Some people say that it is great as a landscape lens at infinity some people says that the 150 gives better results.

On my way to Tofino this week with the 4x5 set-up and the two Fuji 6x9 as back-up. Based on the weather, It looks like I won't be able to use either

Cheers,

Luc
Looking forward to seeing your shots too, hope the weather clears up OK.

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Thanks. This film scans real easy. So far everyone I've done takes very little color adjustment even though I don't have a profile for it in the scanning software. The New Portra 400, on the other hand, I have a much harder time with getting the color half-way correct. Go figure.

...

I just got back from a trip to Alaska. I believe I did use the lens on a landscape but it was more a crop section of landscape instead of the vast distant kind. The lens only goes to a 1:4.5 magnification for a macro making an extension tube necessary for 1:1 and closer. But it should do fine for full face portrait work.

The trip was a disaster photographic wise. I went with my parents to visit a relative. I was at the mercy of their schedule. I could only do road side photography or shots at places we were going. I kept thinking of your post about using your 4x5 with the wife and dog along
I think I will need to get some of this Portra 160. I haven't had much luck at all with the new 400 yet, but have another exposed roll here to check out soon.

Alaska... Over here it is marketed almost as a dream holiday location; glaciers mountains and ship cruises. Much the same as Canada
I'm sure we are all familiar with that sort of trip, where you just can't spend the time on photography that you would really like to.
06-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #2080
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,929
Trying out the New Portra 160 in a landscape with some unknown lake in Chugach National Forest, Alaska, along Portage Glacier Road.

The mosquitos hounded me so bad that I shot this and got the heck out of there. I wanted to go over to those trees on the far end and do some BW work. But I was wearing short pants and became breakfast for a swarm of them. I was so distracted that I didn't even notice that plant in the lower left that could have easily been composed out of the picture.

Sadly, this was the last shot with the 50mm. The pin on the lens broke that trips the shutter on it. I hope I can get it fixed.






Zeiss Distagon CF T* FLE 50mm f4, New Portra 160, Jobo C-41 Press Kit


Last edited by tuco; 06-26-2011 at 02:13 PM.
06-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #2081
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,190
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Alaska... Over here it is marketed almost as a dream holiday location; glaciers mountains and ship cruises. Much the same as Canada
...and much the same as the South Island in NZ.


Steve
06-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #2082
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,190
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I was so distracted that I didn't even notice that plant in the lower left that could have easily been composed out of the picture.
Photoshop is our friend!!!

Beautiful shot regardless! Too bad about the bugs, but at least they were not landing on the front element of your lens. I once had to suspend a photo session for that reason.


Steve
06-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #2083
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,929
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Photoshop is our friend!!!

Beautiful shot regardless! Too bad about the bugs, but at least they were not landing on the front element of your lens. I once had to suspend a photo session for that reason.


Steve
Thanks. I gave some thought to cloning it out but it overlapped the tree reflection and it looked like too much work. So I left it there as a reminder to also bring long pants along. But if I do more with it than post it online then I'll fix it.
06-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #2084
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Perth Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,511

645d 55-110 f5.6
06-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #2085
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,929
Another attempt at developing two different brands of film in the same tank with stand development and Rodinal. So far the increased agitation profile I tried last time seems to be working okay.

The Salty Dawg Saloon in Homer, Alaska, had the entire interior covered with one-dollar bills placed there by patrons who usually wrote their name and home town on them. And if they didn't have a buck to spare, it looks like they would carve it on the wall or write it on the pool table light.




Zeiss Distagon CF T* FLE 50mm f4, Fuji 100 Acros, Rodinal 1+100 Stand


Last edited by tuco; 06-26-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, camera, cameras, cheapo, drive, efex, film, flickr, format, frame, fujifilm, holes, lens, lomo, medium, medium format, p67ii, pentax 67, portra, post, road, roll, scanner, shot, shots, silver, software, strait, takumar 90mm
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Medium Format straightshooter Pentax Medium Format 3 08-24-2010 07:10 AM
Medium format... D4rknezz Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 04-06-2010 03:59 PM
Medium Format Soon? k100d Pentax News and Rumors 0 03-04-2009 12:09 PM
Medium Format Buffy Pentax Medium Format 5 03-19-2008 12:04 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:44 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top