Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #2161
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,017
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Nice DR. The shot has kept the building in the background with plenty of details I am always impressed when a shot like this come out the way yours has - congrats. Oh and also for the new lens so now you need a bigger bag for the Hassy 50/60/80/100/120/150 - what about a 180

Cheers,

Luc
Ha, the 50mm is in the shop for repair. And a significant sum to get it fixed. The aperture cocking mechanism broke. New parts have to be ordered from Hasselblad. Good thing they still support their legacy lenses. The 100mm was a "bargain" condition lens. They want too much for that lens too if it looks pretty.

07-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #2162
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,017
Set this up prior to having a barbecue just to finish off a roll of film. And it turned out to be the only shot on the roll worth scanning.





Pentax 6x7, S-M-C Takumar 90mm f2.8 LS, Extension Tube #1, New Portra 160, Jobo C-41 Press Kit, Flash Fill


Last edited by tuco; 07-12-2011 at 09:51 AM.
07-12-2011, 12:28 AM   #2163
Veteran Member
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,295
Looks lovely, you've done a good job with the blurring of the background too.

And perhaps more importantly - that beer looks nice. Is it Black Butte Porter?
In many ways the US craft beer scene has been a model for the still-emerging Aussie craft beer scene. The 'American Pale Ale' is quite a popular style here. For good reason, I'd say
07-12-2011, 02:28 AM   #2164
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,001
A very nice picture with excellent composition indeed.
Could you tell us more about the scanner and parameters you have used, was it taken from negative or from paper ?

07-12-2011, 04:03 AM   #2165
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 153
I developed my first roll of BW film on sunday and scanned it in last night.
Neopan 400 on a 645N with 75mm LS lens.

Contrast!


Split tone in Lightroom
07-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #2166
Veteran Member
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,295
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuchulainn Quote
I developed my first roll of BW film on sunday and scanned it in last night.
Nice job and welcome to the world of B&W film development
07-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #2167
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,017
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Looks lovely, you've done a good job with the blurring of the background too.

And perhaps more importantly - that beer looks nice. Is it Black Butte Porter?
In many ways the US craft beer scene has been a model for the still-emerging Aussie craft beer scene. The 'American Pale Ale' is quite a popular style here. For good reason, I'd say
Thanks, yes, it's a porter. I like stouts and porters.

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
A very nice picture with excellent composition indeed.
Could you tell us more about the scanner and parameters you have used, was it taken from negative or from paper ?
Are you talking about the beer shot? If so, I've posted my work flow before except now I do all my sharpening in LR3.

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuchulainn Quote
I developed my first roll of BW film on sunday and scanned it in last night.
Neopan 400 on a 645N with 75mm LS lens.
Congrats on your first roll. A journey of a thousand miles first begins with one step, someone said.
07-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #2168
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,001
Yes, thanks tuco.

07-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #2169
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,921
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Set this up prior to having a barbecue just to finish off a roll of film. And it turned out to be the only shot on the roll worth scanning.



Pentax 6x7, S-M-C Takumar 90mm f2.8 LS, Extension Tube #1, New Portra 160, Jobo C-41 Press Kit, Flash Fill
Mmmm Black Butte..
My 2nd favorite beer.
Nice shot Tuco.
07-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #2170
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,017
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Mmmm Black Butte..
My 2nd favorite beer.
Nice shot Tuco.
Thanks. Yes, yummy beer.
07-15-2011, 05:49 AM   #2171
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,594
Some fantastic, some refreshing shots here Rense, Luc, Guido and Ansel Tuco
07-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #2172
Site Supporter
Rense's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zetten - The Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,813
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Some fantastic, some refreshing shots here Rense, Luc, Guido and Ansel Tuco
Thanks a lot!
07-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #2173
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Beach Haven, NJ
Posts: 176
645D 35mm A lens

Pentax 645D, 35mm A lens, f13, tripod, mirror lock up
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ
Attached Images
 
07-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #2174
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Beach Haven, NJ
Posts: 176
Pentax 645D, 120mm f4A Macro. Monopod, f13. Converted to B&W with Silver Efex Pro, Plus X film, Orange filter emulation. Edges and corners burned in same as my darkroom prints. This image will go to 24"x32" with no problem.
Dave G
Attached Images
 
07-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #2175
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,017
QuoteOriginally posted by gurtch Quote
Pentax 645D, 120mm f4A Macro. Monopod, f13. Converted to B&W with Silver Efex Pro, Plus X film, Orange filter emulation. Edges and corners burned in same as my darkroom prints.
Dave G
Nice shot. Simple and elegant. The great lengths people will go through to emulate film

QuoteQuote:
This image will go to 24"x32" with no problem.
Yes, we shoot MF cameras too.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, camera, cameras, cheapo, drive, efex, film, flickr, format, frame, fujifilm, holes, lens, lomo, medium, medium format, p67ii, pentax 67, portra, post, road, roll, scanner, shot, shots, silver, software, strait, takumar 90mm
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Medium Format straightshooter Pentax Medium Format 3 08-24-2010 07:10 AM
Medium format... D4rknezz Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 04-06-2010 03:59 PM
Medium Format Soon? k100d Pentax News and Rumors 0 03-04-2009 12:09 PM
Medium Format Buffy Pentax Medium Format 5 03-19-2008 12:04 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:23 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top