Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2011, 04:08 AM   #2386
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Martin, this camera has been on my bucket list and I'm thinking you've put it right at the top here... over any digital... Excellent results
Thanks! Yes, it's a fantastic camera, no doubt! But the rangefinder base is somewhat short and I think it's best for handheld, stopped down shooting with fast film.

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Nice chrome!
In 35mm and 120, I regularly shoot TriX@1250 in Diafine. How much does Tmax developer gives you?
I don't know about Tri-X actually. I use to shoot Tmax 400 @ 640-720, but if you don't mind deep blacks it's probably OK up to 1600.

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
The metallic feel on #2 jumps off the screen, nice. Did you ever have a chance to experience the TXP version of Tri-X?
Nope, I've only tried the 400TX version. The main problems have been that the developer isn't suitable (D-76 and R09) for the results I want, and that it curls a lot more than Tmax 400 after drying. Sharpness is also way less good, but it doesn't matter in this small format.

08-09-2011, 05:10 AM   #2387
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Here's something that shows selective focus is possible without any focus aid, with a 6x9 folder; I only wish I'd taken it a fraction earlier or waited a bit, to give the fruit stand lady a bit more breathing room. New Portra 160 in a Voigtlander Bessa I.

08-09-2011, 07:19 AM   #2388
Veteran Member

The richness and subtle tones of the 4x5 format is really starting to come through on your shots.
Thank you, just need to keep practicing.

Am I still seeing issues with the even development in the sky?
Yes and no
The weather that day was very variable. We had some light hail up in the pass behind the mountains you see in the first shot. The clouds have been moving up and down the valleys. The shot that you see is just before rain started falling again and while rain was already falling on the other side with some sun still coming.
All this to say that some of the sun rays and rain columns where clearly visible and are in the shot BUT the left border was also a little messed-up by development resulting in vertical darker line along the border while the non vertical ones are rain (from what I remember of the shot).

Cheers,

Luc

Last edited by lbenac; 08-09-2011 at 07:35 AM.
08-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #2389
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by arcaswissi Quote
Yesterday we had heavy rain in Austria
Great photos! Where are you in Austria?

Steve

08-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #2390

Hi Steve,

I live in Tirol, Stubaital - a glacier skiing region, 20km away from Innsbruck, the capital of Tirol.
One more from yesterday, shot also with FA 200, a very fine lens btw.
Ernst
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 
08-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #2391
Pentaxian

Hi Steve,

I live in Tirol, Stubaital - a glacier skiing region, 20km away from Innsbruck, the capital of Tirol.
Ernst
I can almost hear Julie Andrew's voice echoing in the mountain tops singing The Sound of Music
08-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #2392

I can almost hear Julie Andrew's voice echoing in the mountain tops singing The Sound of Music
from this mountain she can sing very loud

Attached Images

08-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #2393
Veteran Member

from this mountain she can sing very loud

Very nice takes. They would merit b&W film specially if you put Julie Andrew in the frame.
08-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #2394
Veteran Member

About mamiya 7 and RF

Hello Matken and Tuco,

As we were talking about all your new "toys" the following thread at LFF started by Sandy King (Mr. Pyrocat) about a similar camera might be of interested to us.

Large Format Photography Forum

Cheers,

Luc
08-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #2395
Pentaxian

Hello Matken and Tuco,

As we were talking about all your new "toys" the following thread at LFF started by Sandy King (Mr. Pyrocat) about a similar camera might be of interested to us.

Large Format Photography Forum

Cheers,

Luc
I don't have an account on that forum which I'm prompted for in that link.
08-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #2396
Veteran Member

Maybe if yoy try a search for "Fuji GF 667W (Voigtlander III W) now available" I think that google might send you to the right thread regardless.

Cheers,

Luc
08-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #2397
Pentaxian

Maybe if yoy try a search for "Fuji GF 667W (Voigtlander III W) now available" I think that google might send you to the right thread regardless.

Cheers,

Luc
The first hit was this thread. Wow, google indexed it fast.

I couldn't find the LFF forum but did find other links. It looks sweet. But still only one lens. I've already used all three on my M7II. But what is more amazing is that a new MF film camera is being introduced these days.

Last edited by tuco; 08-09-2011 at 04:52 PM.
08-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #2398
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You should sign up...if for no other reason than to see me get soundly flamed on my first post last year!

Steve
08-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #2399
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You should sign up...if for no other reason than to see me get soundly flamed on my first post last year!
Steve

I have noticed lately a few threads that became a little bit of a dog fight (well I should take this back as I love dogs and they are usually very nice animals nothing to compare with the people I have in mind).
Not so much in line with the introspective time under the dark cloth - wait it gets so hot under the dark cloth that it might be what p@#!$%^ the flamers

Cheers,

Luc
08-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #2400
Veteran Member

Hi Steve,

Ernst
Amazing landscape. If it is anything like the Japanese Alps, in which I spent much time, the cloudy images are more representative of the weather than the sunny pictures you see in the brochures.