Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #2401
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
A little dark so adjusted in Photoshop CS5 levels
This is nicely processed. I have a 12 stop ND filter sitting in my camera bag with my 645D. I should try it. I hope to see more.

08-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #2402
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by arcaswissi Quote
Hi Steve,

I live in Tirol, Stubaital - a glacier skiing region, 20km away from Innsbruck, the capital of Tirol.
One more from yesterday, shot also with FA 200, a very fine lens btw.
Ernst
Cool! I was in Linz on business a couple of years ago and was able to visit Hallstatt and Salzburg, but really would have loved to have made it over to Innsbruck and the Tirol. Austria is such a beautiful and friendly country.

Steve
08-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #2403
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You should sign up...if for no other reason than to see me get soundly flamed on my first post last year!

Steve
What, the New guy scanner question? That's the only one that shows up besides your crown board. I don't see a flame.
08-09-2011, 07:40 PM   #2404
Pentaxian

Had to smile at this curious calf!

Both shot with DFA 55 first at f/11 and 1/50, second at f/5.6 and 1/160

I was taking photos in one of my favourite spots, Loughrigg Tarn and a few calves came over as they were curious. One took a fancy to my ipod...

Attached Images

08-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #2405
Veteran Member

A little bit of Autocord and panorama love froom one of the first roll developped from my trip

Autocord TMY-2 in Tmax developer 1:9

I still could not figure out how to get back the good old [IMGWIDE] tag so aplogy for the size.

Cheers,

Luc

Last edited by lbenac; 08-10-2011 at 07:19 AM.
08-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #2406
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
What, the New guy scanner question? That's the only one that shows up besides your crown board. I don't see a flame.
My Chamonix review was poorly received by a couple of the regulars there. I treat it as sort of a joke, though I have yet to post the promised six-month follow-up.

Steve
08-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #2407
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can almost hear Julie Andrew's voice echoing in the mountain tops singing The Sound of Music
"The hills are alive, with the sound of music..."

But it was always sunshine when Julie and the mountains were on the screen together, even when the Nazi's were hunting them.

A good shot anyway, but too dramatic and moody to make me think of Julie Andrews.

08-10-2011, 01:10 AM   #2408

QuoteOriginally posted by Makten Quote
For the second roll I shot with the Bessa III, I set it to 6x6 format and loaded with Tri-X. It turned out to be a great combination.
I've never liked Tri-X before, but this time I used Tmax developer, which gave a very nice tonality and files that were easy to process.
Amazing shots, Makten! I gotta say that I dig the 6x6 format. I have read reviews for the Bessa III (you don't have the "W" version but the one with the bellow, right?) - could it be better than the Mamiya 7II? What about the Fuji GF 667W? This one looks identical in construction to the Bessa III.

It seems to only come with one lens and being a rangefinder cam - how does this feel in comparison to the, let's say P67II or a Hassy like Tuco uses?

Last edited by phonoline; 08-10-2011 at 01:15 AM.
08-10-2011, 02:19 AM   #2409
Pentaxian

Decided to experiment with my ND filter in the middle of the day yesterday at Loughrigg Tarn

FA 33-55 at 33mm f/27 2 minute exposure ND400 kenko, Hoya pro1 Circular polariser
Attached Images

08-10-2011, 03:51 AM   #2410
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by phonoline Quote
Amazing shots, Makten! I gotta say that I dig the 6x6 format. I have read reviews for the Bessa III (you don't have the "W" version but the one with the bellow, right?) - could it be better than the Mamiya 7II? What about the Fuji GF 667W? This one looks identical in construction to the Bessa III.
Mine is the one with bellows and an 80/3.5 Heliar lens. I would probably have gotten the wide one if I bought it new, but this thing turned up on the used market locally, just 3-4 days after I started thinking about getting one!

I don't know if it's better than the Mamiya 7II, but it's smaller and ligher. I've also read that the viewfinder is quite a bit better (it's really, really good in my opinion).
The Fuji GF 667 cameras are identical to the Voigtländers and produced in the same factory. The only difference is that the Voigtländers are black and a tad more expensive.

One thing to consider is the longevity of the bellows and mechanism for holding the lens. It'll probably loosen up with time, and you might get a slight tilt that causes poor corners. I think the rangefinder is more likely to get out of alignment too.

QuoteQuote:
It seems to only come with one lens and being a rangefinder cam - how does this feel in comparison to the, let's say P67II or a Hassy like Tuco uses?
It's obviously A LOT smaller and lighter than the P67II. Check this out: Equipment - a set on Flickr
Total weight with the lens and everything is just 1000 grams. I carry it in my small Northface shoulderbag that I take with me every day. So you don't even have to use a dedicated camera bag, which is nice.
08-10-2011, 06:03 AM   #2411
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Makten Quote
I don't know if it's better than the Mamiya 7II, but it's smaller and ligher. I've also read that the viewfinder is quite a bit better (it's really, really good in my opinion).
I'd add it is only thinner than a M7II and that's with it stowed. They are virtually the same width and height. My M7II is 160x114x60mm with no lens. And only a mounted lens (which are small) for a weight difference.

Last edited by tuco; 08-10-2011 at 06:30 AM.
08-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #2412
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
A little bit of Autocord and panorama love froom one of the first roll developped from my trip

Autocord TMY-2 in Tmax developer 1:9

I still could not figure out how to get back the good old [IMGWIDE] tag so aplogy for the size.

Cheers,

Luc
Lovely mountain view Luc.
I can't help but notice though - is the right hand side third of the photo not as sharp as the rest? Seems like an odd effect.
08-10-2011, 06:33 AM   #2413
Pentaxian

Decided to experiment with my ND filter in the middle of the day yesterday at Loughrigg Tarn

FA 33-55 at 33mm f/27 2 minute exposure ND400 kenko, Hoya pro1 Circular polariser
I like the effect. Is that Kenko a variable ND filter I've seem them advertise?
08-10-2011, 06:51 AM   #2414
Pentaxian

I like the effect. Is that Kenko a variable ND filter I've seem them advertise?
No it's a straight ND400. Can't get them in the UK at all. Bought it at the same time as I bought the 645D in Japan. Wouldn't mind having a darker one, but 82 mm threads are difficult and the cokin filter holder won't go over the element even though it is the P series which is meant to fit 82mm.
08-10-2011, 07:08 AM   #2415
Pentaxian

No it's a straight ND400. Can't get them in the UK at all. Bought it at the same time as I bought the 645D in Japan. Wouldn't mind having a darker one, but 82 mm threads are difficult and the cokin filter holder won't go over the element even though it is the P series which is meant to fit 82mm.
Yes, it's really tough to find a ~9 stop ND filter for 82mm. I wanted one for my 45/75mm on my P6x7. But settled for a 8-ish stop variable ND I found.