Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #2431
Pentaxian

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by nightfly Quote
Pentax 67, SMC 67 55mm @ f/8 40 minutes exposure Kodak E200 Epson V600 scan.

Medium format film, still the king of long exposure work.
What a beauty!

08-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #2432
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Yamanobori Quote
If you spend all your money, you are independent of wealth...
That would be me...

Steve
08-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #2433
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That would be me...

Steve
Well let me shake your hand for helping to stimulate the economy with that all-import consumer spending, I hear.
08-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #2434
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That would be me...

Steve
Looking around this place, I'm sure it's not just you!

08-11-2011, 01:45 AM   #2435
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Looking around this place, I'm sure it's not just you!
I'm spending most of my money on camera gear. So, I can afford expensive stuff even with a quite low salary. My friends are buying cars, furniture and other useless things that you can't create something with.
08-11-2011, 02:40 AM   #2436
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Makten Quote
I'm spending most of my money on camera gear. So, I can afford expensive stuff even with a quite low salary. My friends are buying cars, furniture and other useless things that you can't create something with.
Well I guess that's one way to look at it. I laugh at these sort of comments as I am usually doing the same thing! Who needs cars and furniture ?

Nightfly - Another great shot, thanks for posting it here.
08-11-2011, 02:49 AM   #2437
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nightfly Quote
Pentax 67, SMC 67 55mm @ f/8 40 minutes exposure Kodak E200 Epson V600 scan.

Medium format film, still the king of long exposure work.
Amazing shot...

08-11-2011, 03:48 AM   #2438
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Some family shots with the P645/75mm and New Portra 160 -- corrected the yellow cast as scanned with the Portra. I didn't use digital ICE but did have to do some hand spotting.

I sent a batch of 4 rolls to Lattin Color Labs, to try them out... they undercut Dwayne's on price, and I was very impressed by the service... I got the developing via ebay http://shop.ebay.com/marc50613/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25
Develop only- the rolls came back in a long plastic sleeve, rolled in a small tube, as is pretty standard. Lattin will return your spools if you ask, so they are a good bet for those 620 rolls.
Attached Images

Last edited by Nesster; 08-11-2011 at 03:53 AM.
08-11-2011, 06:05 AM   #2439
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Some family shots with the P645/75mm and New Portra 160 -- corrected the yellow cast as scanned with the Portra. I didn't use digital ICE but did have to do some hand spotting.

I sent a batch of 4 rolls to Lattin Color Labs, to try them out... they undercut Dwayne's on price, and I was very impressed by the service... I got the developing via ebay marc50613 | eBay
Develop only- the rolls came back in a long plastic sleeve, rolled in a small tube, as is pretty standard. Lattin will return your spools if you ask, so they are a good bet for those 620 rolls.
Nice family shots. On my monitor it looks like there is still a bit of a yellow cast, mainly on the first one. Visible behind the lady's ear.
I really need to get off my behind and order some of that film.
08-11-2011, 07:38 AM   #2440
Inactive Account

New to MF

I got a Yashica Mat last month and began my adventures in medium format. Love the look of the images, love developing my own film:

Didn't love shooting with a TLR.

So goodbye Yashica, hellow pentax 67! Got my pentax along with the 90mm f/2.8 yesterday and have put a roll throug it to see that everyting is working ok.

These were taken late in the day so I had to use slow shutter speeds, 1/30 and 1/15 sec. In the second photo the subject moved slightly, that and my scanner (epson v600) are causing me to lose some sharpness. I am at the beginning of the learning curve but I can already tell it's going to be a fun ride!

Nightfly, do you live in downeast Maine? I live in Bar Harbor and your latest shot looks alot like our coastline.

Cheers, Doug
08-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #2441
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DougLee Quote
I got a Yashica Mat last month and began my adventures in medium format. Love the look of the images, love developing my own film:

Didn't love shooting with a TLR.

So goodbye Yashica, hellow pentax 67! Got my pentax along with the 90mm f/2.8 yesterday and have put a roll throug it to see that everyting is working ok.

These were taken late in the day so I had to use slow shutter speeds, 1/30 and 1/15 sec. In the second photo the subject moved slightly, that and my scanner (epson v600) are causing me to lose some sharpness. I am at the beginning of the learning curve but I can already tell it's going to be a fun ride!

Cheers, Doug
It looks like that purple is coming through we've been talking about with this film. To capture the boarder of the film, are you not using the film holder? I don't think that V600 has auto focus and placing the negative directly on the glass may not yield your sharpest scan.
08-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #2442
Inactive Account

Hi Tuco. I've tried both ways, first I used the holder then tried without. Foolishly, I haven't used the same negative both ways to do a proper comparison, will do that this evening!

Thanks for your comment.
08-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #2443
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nightfly, do you live in downeast Maine? I live in Bar Harbor and your latest shot looks alot like our coastline.

Cheers, Doug
Doug! We used to live in Seal Harbor, in the late '70s. Seems like the neigborhood has changed some in the past 35 years.
08-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #2444
Inactive Account

Nesster, I don't know how much Seal Harbor has changed, I'm sure BH has changed a great deal! I don't expect the park has changed too much since your time here. I've been here 18 years and love it, great place for photography!
08-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #2445

Cheers, Doug

Howdy neighbor. Why yes, that is Schoodic Point! I live in Sullivan, across Frenchmans bay from you.

PM me if you'd like to go shootin'.