Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #2551
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Ahhhh...Eunice Lake! It has been years since I have been there!

Steve
Time for you to go back! I think I'll plan another trip back there this fall but at sunset. The guy I went with wanted a sunrise shot and we hiked through the night to get there but it was the most sterile sunrise I've ever seen. No awesome colors at all with barely a glow on the mountain. I shot one roll of color and whipped out the BW after that.

Last edited by tuco; 08-23-2011 at 11:53 AM.
08-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #2552
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
In these somber times that have seen the multiplication of 645D and die hard getting new folder with "metering", in solidarity with Nester "the king of the sharpest Kodak lenses" I decided to take upon myself to post a couple of pics of a "real men" camera 3.3 Kg of Pentax goodness...
Goodness indeed! That's a fine book too, example of P67 work. The right-side grip looks like those by Ino Yoon (from NY state). I have two of those, one on each 6x7 body, though mine have the bubble level on top. I would not occur to me to use the Pentax left side grip at the same time! I do like the Ino Yoon grip, as it gives a natural hold, like the 67II.
08-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #2553
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dougg Quote
Goodness indeed! That's a fine book too, example of P67 work. The right-side grip looks like those by Ino Yoon (from NY state). I have two of those, one on each 6x7 body, though mine have the bubble level on top. I would not occur to me to use the Pentax left side grip at the same time! I do like the Ino Yoon grip, as it gives a natural hold, like the 67II.

You are right on both counts - book and source of the right grip.
08-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #2554
Pentaxian

Some from right on my doorstep

One as I got back from Austria yesterday. Grabbed a takeaway before going home and saw this sky developing as we were driving west, so headed to the beach. FA 33-55 at 33mm f/16 4 sec exposure

Now some from today. The sunset today wasn't anything like as dramatic, and I shot for some time after it had actually gone pretty dark. This is the Gower peninsula with the last colours of the sun:

A 80 - 160 at 155mm f/19 and 80 sec exposure. Levels tweaked in CS5

Port Talbot's steelworks really dominate the town, but I find they make an interesting juxtaposition with some of the coastal area. I was about to head home when I caught the sight of the sky above the works:

A 80 - 160 at 80mm f/19 81 second exposure

08-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #2555
Inactive Account

One more Tmax 400 from the Bessa III... This was shot handheld at 1/60 and f/11, and the detail is incredible at larger size. Though I actually find the camera difficult to hold still. It's just too light!

I've now also shot and developed the first roll of Provia 400X (slide film) with the Tetenal E-6 kit, and it looks good! Some shots are a bit darkish, but it's probably exposure error. The Bessa III only changes the exposure time in full stops and the metering is mediocre (simple diod on the front of the camera), so I'd better get a metering device for the P67II and keep using B&W with the Bessa.

Last edited by Makten; 08-23-2011 at 06:02 PM.
08-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #2556
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Makten Quote
One more Tmax 400 from the Bessa III... This was shot handheld at 1/60 and f/11, and the detail is incredible at larger size. Though I actually find the camera difficult to hold still. It's just too light!

I've now also shot and developed the first roll of Provia 400X (slide film) with the Tetenal E-6 kit, and it looks good! Some shots are a bit darkish, but it's probably exposure error. The Bessa III only changes the exposure time in full stops and the metering is mediocre (simple diod on the front of the camera), so I'd better get a metering device for the P67II and keep using B&W with the Bessa.
Nice chrome feel as well as texture in the shot.
08-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #2557
Pentaxian

The color version taken about 10 minutes before the BW version. No lens flare this time.

Mount Rainier

Kodak 100 Ektar

Last edited by tuco; 08-24-2011 at 08:49 AM.
08-24-2011, 04:30 AM   #2558

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
From my latest, a 1941 Kodak Monitor six-20 special

This 1941 folder from Kodak has a frame counter / auto stop / double exposure lock mechanism (mine will need cleaning); an Anastigmat Special 101mm f/4.5 4 element lens in a Supermatic shutter with speeds to 400 (mine only works on one speed regardless of shutter setting, so the shutter needs cleaning as well)... The view finder has manual parallax compensation. 620 film.

First roll, even with the one speed shutter the performance is good.

"100%" crop of the 1200dpi Epson 4490 scan

Fomapan 100 in D-76, this shot was @f/11

another "100%" crop, the lens has some resolution. The scratches on the film are because I forgot Foma is delicate and used a squeegee :cry:
Very nice camera find! Good results on the first roll of film, too. I just picked up a near mint Kodak Folding Pocket camera from the 1914-1918 period and have fitted it with 120 film (have to unload it in a changing bag and re-spool due to the different sized take-up spool). I will post some shots when I test it with the first roll of film.
08-24-2011, 04:38 AM   #2559

Approaching storm, Wyoming
Pentax 645 Ilford 400 please excuse the water spots - I did not see them on the negative until I printed the shot

Last edited by Bogie; 11-13-2015 at 10:34 AM.
08-24-2011, 05:08 AM   #2560
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Real men shoot the 6x7 without those grips.
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Yes but the left hand grip is a must to swing the camera when you want to bash somebody in the head
lol

Nice texture Markus !
08-24-2011, 06:15 AM   #2561
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Nice texture Markus !
Thanks, but the name is Martin!
08-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #2562
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

You do a great job at bringing out textures and tones, Martin!

The color version taken about 10 minutes before the BW version. No lens flare this time.

Mount Rainier

Kodak 100 Ektar

Nice colour, tuco.
I don't mean to nitpick, but what's the magenta tone to the bottom left? Could even be my monitor perhaps or just what the light was like.
It's nice to see both the colour and B&W shots of the same scene.
08-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #2563
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Nice colour, tuco.
I don't mean to nitpick, but what's the magenta tone to the bottom left? Could even be my monitor perhaps or just what the light was like.
It's nice to see both the colour and B&W shots of the same scene.
Yeah, there was a deep cast in the shadows on that side. Kind of like the purple I get on the new Portra 400 in the shadows. Apart from masking off that area and trying to color balance it, I don't know how to remove it in the scan adjustments. I'll maybe give that a try.

Last edited by tuco; 08-24-2011 at 08:42 AM.
08-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #2564
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, there is a deep cast in the shadows on that side. Kind of like the purple I get on the new Portra 400 in the shadows. Apart from masking off that area and trying to color balance it, I don't know how to remove it in the scan adjustments. I'll maybe give that a try.
OK. It looks really similar to the purple and sometimes blue casts in shadows that I often get with Ektar 100.
I seem to find that Ektar is a bit fiddly to colour balance compared to some other colour films.

Recently I discovered that there's a couple of nice waterfalls relatively close to where I live. After getting used to almost perpetually dry conditions, It was something of a surprise.
I'll be returning to this spot to practice my compositions and long exposures soon.

Lesmurdie Falls
Pentax 67, 55/4 @ f/22, 1/2s, Ilford FP4+, polarising filter - exposed for EI50 but processed for 100

Made it into a small outing of local film shooters; here's one of the other guys with his Mamiya 645.

Bob @ Lesmurdie
Pentax 67, 55/4, Ilford FP4+ - exposed for EI50 but processed for 100

08-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #2565

A book with 12 of my pictures taken with the 67II has just been released over here in Germany. Nothing spectacular. Excellently-written, though!
Attached Images