Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #2671
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,987
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Interesting tuco. Your results look pretty good to me, great amount of detail outside.
I'm tempted to try this sometime. Thanks for sharing your methods.
This technique was described by the author of PMK Pyro. I can't say how well it applies to other developers. Nevertheless, N-1, N-2, etc compression levels are film/developer dependent on how much you cut the development time and how much additional exposure you add. And I suspect this "minus-x" is no different. In other words, try it on another developer at your own risk. And I'd note that without this method, the normal exposure would have been f11 at 1/2 second to expose for those low values.


Last edited by tuco; 09-07-2011 at 07:13 PM.
09-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #2672
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,513
We have possibly the soppiest white german shepherd there is. He tends to talk all the time in whinges and answers us back all the time. He is sweet though. He is very fond of cuddlng the base of our kitchen stools:

Pentax 645D FA 75 f/2.8 @ f/2.8 1/25




He is also quite nosey and will watch what anyone does in the back yard, or else stare at the squirrels who enjoy winding him up

FA 75 @ f/4 1/30




Then I went out in the rain to take a few photos with my new film camera Pentax 645n (I'll post photos from it when film has been developed) and took along the 645D to have something to compare with, but felt in any case that this shot was better in colour inspite of the grey weather

Pentax 645D A 200 f/4 @f/16 exposure 2 secs with cokin hard grad filter


09-07-2011, 10:51 PM   #2673
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,987
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
We have possibly the soppiest white german shepherd there is. He tends to talk all the time in whinges and answers us back all the time. He is sweet though. He is very fond of cuddlng the base of our kitchen stools:

Pentax 645D FA 75 f/2.8 @ f/2.8 1/25

He is also quite nosey and will watch what anyone does in the back yard, or else stare at the squirrels who enjoy winding him up

FA 75 @ f/4 1/30
I like the dog shots. I'll trade you for a nagging cat that never shuts up!
09-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #2674
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,987

Columbia Tower, Seattle, reaching into the upper fog



100TMX



09-07-2011, 11:48 PM   #2675
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washington, USA
Posts: 14
Lugged camera gear 3500' up Trappers Peak in the North Cascades only to be skunked by a bad weather forecast. Managed to salvage a few shots regardless.





09-08-2011, 12:58 AM   #2676
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,513
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I like the dog shots. I'll trade you for a nagging cat that never shuts up!
Thanks Tuco. They say that dogs have owners but cats have staff! (according to a sign in a local pet shop)
09-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #2677
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,895
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Colton - Crater lake looks great. I can understand you wanting to visit repeatedly. Nice shots from that 200/4.
Thanks Jason.

Here are a few from a borrowed 645N and FA 45-85mm zoom. Film is Ektar.




09-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #2678
Senior Member
LightMeter's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Houston, Republic of Texas
Posts: 158
Nice photos everyone. I ordered a 645 with 75 and 150 lenses from KEH today. So I will soon be able to post some images here.

09-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #2679
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 6
Okay after reading through a good portion of this thread I had to join the forum. I'm waiting for my 1st two rolls of 220 film to arrive from B&H photo. I will post as soon as I have prints in hand. I'm using a 645N that has been giving to me, and this is my first medium format camera I have used 35mm since 1977. Thanks for the wonderful thread and for getting a fire in my shorts to shoot again.... Look forward to posting.
09-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #2680
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,513
First couple with the 645N

I'll leve you guys to judge the quality, I didn't scan these myself, not got round to getting a scanner yet, so the guys that developed the negatives scanned them at 2000 x 2500 pixels on a Epson 500. Mind you they did a better job than the guys I gave a film to yesterday who completely messed up the scan and I ended up with no useable images at all. The guys today charged less than a third that the guys yesterday did. I have a lot to learn with film (plenty to learn with digital too, hut will get a scanner soon)

They are from London, this is Westminster Abbey, Pentax 645n Pentax FA 33-55 at 35mm on Kodak 400Tmax f/11 1/100




This is Westminster Square

Again Pentax 645n with FA 33-55 @ 33mm, f/16 1/250 Kodak 400 Tmax


09-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #2681
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,987
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
I'll leve you guys to judge the quality, I didn't scan these myself, not got round to getting a scanner yet, so the guys that developed the negatives scanned them at 2000 x 2500 pixels on a Epson 500. Mind you they did a better job than the guys I gave a film to yesterday who completely messed up the scan and I ended up with no useable images at all. The guys today charged less than a third that the guys yesterday did. I have a lot to learn with film (plenty to learn with digital too, hut will get a scanner soon)

They are from London, this is Westminster Abbey, Pentax 645n Pentax FA 33-55 at 35mm on Kodak 400Tmax f/11 1/100
Yikes. I think you're going to have to eventually take control of everything.
09-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #2682
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,895
When I visited northern British Columbia last month I went back and visited the ranch I grew up on. I brought my 67 along to try and capture a few images from my childhood memories. To me this one image seems to capture the essence of the ranch.

Pentax 67, SMC Pentax 6X7 45/4, FujiPro 160S
09-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #2683
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,513
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Yikes. I think you're going to have to eventually take control of everything.
Am hunting for a half decent scanner, but my wife would kill me if I splashed out on a 2.5k machine (am walking a tightrope as it is!). Am considering some of the Canon or Epson flatbeds, not perfect by any means but will have to take control of the scans and eventually the negative processing too
09-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #2684
Site Supporter
Aristophanes's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,791
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Am hunting for a half decent scanner, but my wife would kill me if I splashed out on a 2.5k machine (am walking a tightrope as it is!). Am considering some of the Canon or Epson flatbeds, not perfect by any means but will have to take control of the scans and eventually the negative processing too
For MF the Epson V500 or 600 are more than adequate and not expensive. Not Canon IMO.
09-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #2685
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,987
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Am hunting for a half decent scanner, but my wife would kill me if I splashed out on a 2.5k machine (am walking a tightrope as it is!). Am considering some of the Canon or Epson flatbeds, not perfect by any means but will have to take control of the scans and eventually the negative processing too
You're going to really appreciate that 645D more when you have to scan BW. You don't get ICE and if you use a glass carrier like mine, it is a real pain to keep the dust off. I have to spend some time after each BW scan with the healing tool to clean it up.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, camera, cameras, cheapo, drive, efex, film, flickr, format, frame, fujifilm, holes, lens, lomo, medium, medium format, p67ii, pentax 67, portra, post, road, roll, scanner, shot, shots, silver, software, strait, takumar 90mm
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Medium Format straightshooter Pentax Medium Format 3 08-24-2010 07:10 AM
Medium format... D4rknezz Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 04-06-2010 03:59 PM
Medium Format Soon? k100d Pentax News and Rumors 0 03-04-2009 12:09 PM
Medium Format Buffy Pentax Medium Format 5 03-19-2008 12:04 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:53 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top