Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #256
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,643
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
I posted some of my first B&W's with my 6x7 in the Post your Photos section, but here are some more. All shot the the boulevard of Scheveningen, near The Hague, with the SMC Pentax 55mm F4 and the camera loaded with Ilfort FP4+ 125
Very nice...I also really like the "Big Guys" shot!


Steve

06-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #257
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,643
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Square Peg, Round Hole

I just didn't fit in. While walking along Bandon Beach, I came across a group of people apparently on a photo trip...

I think I ran into these same guys earlier in the week. I was shooting with the 4x5 at Wahkeena Falls and this gang of Nikons and Canons and Gitzos piles out of a van and huffs up the trail towards Fairy Falls. I got to talk with one of the older guys who decided that the trail was too steep for him. He said it was a paid photography tour (Russ Burden) and that they were headed south to Bandon after some time in the Columbia Gorge. He was a nice guy and was shooting with high end Canon stuff mounted on a Gitzo with an inverted Acratech head. I think he said he was a petroleum engineer from Texas. He told me that they were on a very tight schedule (Columbia Gorge in one morning!?) and would be based out of Bandon for the majority of their time.

I told him to come back to the Gorge alone and take his time photographing there and that Fairy Falls was within his reach if he takes a leisurely pace. It is too nice a place for blitzkrieg style photography.


Steve
06-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #258
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,017
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I think I ran into these same guys earlier in the week. I was shooting with the 4x5 at Wahkeena Falls and this gang of Nikons and Canons and Gitzos piles out of a van and huffs up the trail towards Fairy Falls. I got to talk with one of the older guys who decided that the trail was too steep for him. He said it was a paid photography tour (Russ Burden) and that they were headed south to Bandon after some time in the Columbia Gorge. He was a nice guy and was shooting with high end Canon stuff mounted on a Gitzo with an inverted Acratech head. I think he said he was a petroleum engineer from Texas. He told me that they were on a very tight schedule (Columbia Gorge in one morning!?) and would be based out of Bandon for the majority of their time.

Steve
Small world. I googled Russ and found his website. I looked at the about the photographer page and there is a picture of him. He has gray hair now. He would be the one next to the girl in my shot. From what I could gather that is exactly right. These people were paying him and they always were together taking the same shots. He did at one point talk to me about the kind of shooting I was doing. So the others really had no clue to what camera I even had so I guess they just didn't say anything. That would explain a lot. So I need to take back my first impression. But the other guy with the D3 was still a snob!

Last edited by tuco; 06-04-2010 at 04:32 PM.
06-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #259
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,017
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
I posted some of my first B&W's with my 6x7 in the Post your Photos section, but here are some more. All shot the the boulevard of Scheveningen, near The Hague, with the SMC Pentax 55mm F4 and the camera loaded with Ilfort FP4+ 125
Looking at the Bike Rider shot again, I wonder if you overrode what the camera's meter said? I'd think it would want to silhouette the guy but you captured him just fine. Flash fill, perhaps?


Last edited by tuco; 06-04-2010 at 05:14 PM.
06-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #260
Site Supporter
Rense's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zetten - The Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,813
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Looking at the Bike Rider shot again, I wonder if you overrode what the camera's meter said? I'd think it would want to silhouette the guy but you captured him just fine. Flash fill, perhaps?
No, these are not really metered. I don't have the metered prism, so Iris metered at the start with her K7. After that, I did all the shots with the Sunny 16 Rule, and so I did this Bike Rider....
06-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #261
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,643
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Looking at the Bike Rider shot again, I wonder if you overrode what the camera's meter said? I'd think it would want to silhouette the guy but you captured him just fine. Flash fill, perhaps?
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
No, these are not really metered. I don't have the metered prism, so Iris metered at the start with her K7. After that, I did all the shots with the Sunny 16 Rule, and so I did this Bike Rider....
Rense has psychic exposure powers!


Steve
06-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #262
Junior Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: US
Posts: 30
Shot this recently with 645N, FA 150mm F2.8 @ F4 on Kodak Portra 160NC
06-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #263
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
New developer Mix

Hello,

I experimented with the same stand development technique but changing a little bit the developer.
I usually use Xtol/Rodinal dilution. This time I used Perceptol/Rodinal dilution 1 hour stand on Fomapan 100.
I have to say that I love the results so far:






Both shots taken with 645 almost under the rain...

Cheers,

Luc

06-09-2010, 06:46 AM - 1 Like   #264
Veteran Member
dantuyhoa's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,245
645N + FA 75/2.8

Summer Dream

06-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #265
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,017
QuoteOriginally posted by dantuyhoa Quote
645N + FA 75/2.8

Summer Dream
Splendid. It really conveys a mood.
06-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #266
Veteran Member
dantuyhoa's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,245
Thanks tuco . It is a wonderful combo . Took me 10 minutes to convince the model to do that pose b/c nobody asking to "dream" before :-) ! I shot her w/ K10D to prove it .
06-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #267
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,921
Pentax 67, 90mm LS + #2 Ext. Tube
Fuji Velvia 50




Swift1
06-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #268
Veteran Member
dantuyhoa's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,245
Swift1 : wonderful shot ! How long - as in mm - is that ext . tube ?
06-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #269
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,921
QuoteOriginally posted by dantuyhoa Quote
Swift1 : wonderful shot ! How long - as in mm - is that ext . tube ?
Thanks.

According to the manual it's a 28mm Tube.

Swift1
06-12-2010, 07:36 AM   #270
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
QuoteOriginally posted by DigitalSlide Quote
Shot this recently with 645N, FA 150mm F2.8 @ F4 on Kodak Portra 160NC
Lovely tones.

QuoteOriginally posted by dantuyhoa Quote
Summer Dream
Just WOW!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, camera, cameras, cheapo, drive, efex, film, flickr, format, frame, fujifilm, holes, lens, lomo, medium, medium format, p67ii, pentax 67, portra, post, road, roll, scanner, shot, shots, silver, software, strait, takumar 90mm
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Medium Format straightshooter Pentax Medium Format 3 08-24-2010 07:10 AM
Medium format... D4rknezz Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 04-06-2010 03:59 PM
Medium Format Soon? k100d Pentax News and Rumors 0 03-04-2009 12:09 PM
Medium Format Buffy Pentax Medium Format 5 03-19-2008 12:04 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:33 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top