Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2010, 03:45 AM   #331
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Luc, I know what you mean about waterfalls... you gorge (heh!) a smorgasbord feast, and then you need to take a break for a while. I'm going to want another sometime this year.

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Yes I have to say that I am hooked to MF. This has become my preferred format unless I want to go out with just one camera and lens in my pocket...
The pity, is that I have two LX and a superb collection of K lenses and a MZ-S with the three FA Limited that do not see enough action. I feel bad about it and I am even considering selling the MZ-S with the Limited...

Cheers,

Luc

Just get a bigger pocket then

I have the ZX-L and I really do try to like it. For some reason I get less consistent results with it than all my other more manual cameras.

07-01-2010, 07:28 AM   #332
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I like taking the Bessa 6x9 (I have the 6x4.5 mask for it, so I can go that way also) on hikes, as it doesn't take up much space and is fairly light in weight, and even with the Vaskar makes for a decent landscape camera. My other folders either don't have the image quality, or are 6x6 which isn't always right.

The other portable MF format - Ricoh Diacord TLR - Arcos 100 in Tmax developer. A TLR is light in weight, and not really as bulky as a SLR kit, but you are stuck with the normal focal length and square frame. You can travel very light however, as the flimsiest tripod will suffice.

07-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #333
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wohow, what a great shots on this page!!!
07-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #334
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nightfly Quote
Swift1: That 45mm is working well for you here. Great shot.
Thanks nightfly. The 45mm is a wonderful lens. Here is another shot from the same roll of Velvia. This shot and the last one were both shot at f/22.

Pentax 67, SMC 67 45mm, Fujichrome Velvia RVP

07-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #335
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Here is another shot from the same roll of Velvia. This shot and the last one were both shot at f/22.

Pentax 67, SMC 67 45mm, Fujichrome Velvia RVP
Beauty! I'd guess f16 would plenty DOF in that shot for that lens. Is that Crater Lake?
07-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #336
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Beauty! I'd guess f16 would plenty DOF in that shot for that lens. Is that Crater Lake?
Thanks Tuco
Yes that's Crater Lake. I live pretty close so I try and get up there about once a year.
I may actually have used f/16 on this shot. I can't remember now. f/16 would definitely have been sufficient.
07-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #337
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Thanks Tuco
Yes that's Crater Lake. I live pretty close so I try and get up there about once a year.
Is that the lake that is supposed to be freezing cold?
It sure look cold on the picture - nice colors...

Cheers,

Luc
07-02-2010, 11:05 PM   #338
Veteran Member

500 CM new light seal

It looks like changing the light seals on both of my backs solved my issues with light leak.
Now I am barely trying to learn to compose and focus with the 500 CM. I also ordered a 45 finder to help me transition.

I took the 50mm for a spin. This lens as a close minimum focus distance which is great compared to the 3 feet of the 80mm which I often find not close enough.

A few test samples.

It sure feels different than using the 645.

Cheers,

Luc

07-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #339
Pentaxian

It looks like changing the light seals on both of my backs solved my issues with light leak.

Luc
That's good news. I found the stock focus screen on my 500C/M terrible and really hard to focus critically compared to my 6x7. There never seem to be a defining point/plane of focus. I was constantly going back and forth looking for it. I upgraded it to their newer Acutte Matt D with grid and split screen (not cheap) and much improved in every way possible.
07-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #340
Veteran Member

That's good news. I found the stock focus screen on my 500C/M terrible and really hard to focus critically compared to my 6x7. There never seem to be a defining point/plane of focus. I was constantly going back and forth looking for it. I upgraded it to their newer Acutte Matt D with grid and split screen (not cheap) and much improved in every way possible.

Yes I did buy a D (without grid) when I purchased the 500 CM and it makes a big difference. I am not just good enough yet for accurate focusing using the WLF.

Cheers,

Luc
07-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #341
Pentaxian

Is that the lake that is supposed to be freezing cold?
It sure look cold on the picture - nice colors...

Cheers,

Luc
Thanks Luc,
the lake stays pretty cold year round.I think it's like 2500 feet deep. It has frozen over twice in the last 100 years. Every few years if it has been a mild winter and a long hot summer it will warm up enough to swim in. The water is an amazing icy blue color. If you ever get a chance, it is well worth the trip to see.
07-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #342
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
While I was out shooting this, I started shooting another roll of 320TXP @ EI6400 on my second film back that I'm going to develop in Acufine's ACU-1. I've been wanting to try that combo out so we'll see how that goes.
Interesting how the DOF is most visible in the light halos.
07-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #343

Hi everyone, am new here.
I have been working with a Pentax 67II the last nine months using different lenses and filters. I love my 67II and its sharp lenses but I gotta say I never tried anything else like Hasselblad, Contax or Mamiya so I don't really know the difference.
Here a couple of shots scanned with a Hasselblad scanner. The last one is the singer of Uriah Heep – tried out my 105mm, 2.4 at the show using a 3200 Delta Pro from Ilford.
Attached Images

07-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #344
Pentaxian

Welcome phonoline. Nice shots. I like the stairs a lot.

Here's one I took months ago. Fuji Acros and Pentax 67 and either the 45mm or 90mm LS. Can't quit remember. I kinda think it was the 45mm.

07-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #345
Pentaxian

Borrowed a Pentax 645 to give it a try. The lab's scan were pretty bad so I'm redoing them myself.

Kodak VHC, A 75mm