Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2010, 06:50 PM   #361

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I think the other old car buff may have missed the suicide doors and running boards. The long wheelbase limo chassis is the only one with doors like that. Your car also has side trim that continues onto the hood. Here is the 1947 series 62 sedan for comparison:

Here is a highly modified 1949 series 75 limo that is similar to the car in your picture:

Steve
is this related to that?

07-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #362
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just got back from a trip to Yosemite. I'm sure this very shot has been taken a million times by a million other people ( most I'm sure did a much better job than me) , but it isn't easy getting a shot that hasn't been done before in a place like Yosemite. Especially when you are limited to staying close to the roads.

Tunnel View, Yosemite National Park
Pentax 67, 90mm 2.8 LS, FujiPro 160S
07-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #363
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Just got back from a trip to Yosemite. I'm sure this very shot has been taken a million times by a million other people ( most I'm sure did a much better job than me) , but it isn't easy getting a shot that hasn't been done before in a place like Yosemite. Especially when you are limited to staying close to the roads.

Tunnel View, Yosemite National Park
Pentax 67, 90mm 2.8 LS, FujiPro 160S
It's still a nice shot...
07-16-2010, 12:42 PM   #364
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
But still it's your shot and a beauty. I've never been there. Is it crowed this time of year?

07-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #365
Pentaxian

Another in the my Sand Dune series when I visited Honeyman State Park, Oregon.

Hassy 500C/M, Distagon CB T* 60mm f3.5, Pentax O2 Orange filter, Kodak 100TMX, PMK Pyro, Pentax Spotmeter V

Last edited by tuco; 01-01-2011 at 01:31 AM.
07-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #366
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Colton, while that may be a well-photographed view, I wouldn't put yours far from the very best (i.e. Ansel Adams level): your photo gets a lot of subtle shading and toning, and detail, in a very natural and copacetic manner. And like Tuco says, it is yours!
07-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #367
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
But still it's your shot and a beauty. I've never been there. Is it crowed this time of year?
Tuco...Ya gotta go! There is a reason why Ansel Adams did so much of his best work there. Great subject material is half of what makes great photos.

It is crowded in the summer, but not bad in the other three seasons. Spring brings peak flow in the waterfalls with lush green and flowering trees in the valley. Fall has less water in the streams, but far less people and fall color. Winter brings limited access and dramatic snowy cliffs and such.

Here is a link to a scan from one of my old slides taken at Memorial Day about a decade ago:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28796087@N02/4152465208/in/photostream/

Steve
07-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #368
Site Supporter

Hassy 500C/M, Distagon CB T* 60mm f3.5, Pentax O2 Orange filter, Kodak 100TMX, PMK Pyro, Pentax Spotmeter V
Love Honeyman Park. Thanks for sharing!

I have fond memories from about a decade ago sitting at the top of one of those dunes with a group of close friends at night by the light of a full moon. It was incredible.

Steve

(Thinking to himself that the full moon is next week and that Honeyman is only a few hours drive away...)

07-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #369
Veteran Member

it is a very nice shot, in fact I prefer it to the one you posted last month.

Cheers,

Luc
07-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #370
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Tuco...Ya gotta go! There is a reason why Ansel Adams did so much of his best work there. Great subject material is half of what makes great photos.
Steve
Thanks for the info. I'll have to put it on my Bucket List.

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
it is a very nice shot, in fact I prefer it to the one you posted last month.

Cheers,

Luc
Thanks, I didn't go as hog-wild this time. I just darken the sky more through curves.
07-16-2010, 02:45 PM   #371
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
It's still a nice shot...
Thank you Luc.

Thanks Tuco. Yes you really should go if you have the chance. It is crowded this time of year, especially when the water falls are running strong.

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Colton, while that may be a well-photographed view, I wouldn't put yours far from the very best (i.e. Ansel Adams level): your photo gets a lot of subtle shading and toning, and detail, in a very natural and copacetic manner. And like Tuco says, it is yours!
Thank you for the wonderful comment Nesster, it is very encouraging. I don't know about "Ansel Adams level" but it is wonderful to be compared to one of the greats.
07-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #372
Pentaxian

Fantastic Shot!!!
07-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #373
Veteran Member

Very nice indeed.
07-16-2010, 03:28 PM   #374
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Beautiful macro shots, i like them !
Thanks a lot. I would not quite qualified them as macro (for the purists) but I like close-ups like that from time to time.
And I think that Perceptol did a good job.

Cheers,

Luc
07-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #375
Pentaxian

Here is another from Yosemite.

Bridal Veil Creek, Yosemite National Park
Pentax 67, SMC 67 45/4, FujiPro 160S