Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
macro

645D, P67 100macro

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 
08-30-2013, 03:52 PM - 2 Likes   #4367

i am a pentaxian, but this MF photo is taken by a vintage Zeiss Superikonta 532/16B, Velvia 100 is used
scanned with CS 8800F

Marina Bay, Singapore
08-31-2013, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #4368
Pentaxian

While my Pentax 645 has my first ever roll of Velvia 50 in it, it hasn't been getting much use recently as I've been using various square-format cameras. The shots below are from my second Zeiss Ikon, a 517/16, and taken on FP4+ and developed (as always) in Ilfosol 3. I'm very happy with how they turned out. The f/6.3 lens is very slow but seems to render really nicely and in sunny Spain, where I go by sunny-22, it's not going to be a big issue. The last shot was taken wide open BTW, I'm not sure about the others.

09-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #4369
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
While my Pentax 645 has my first ever roll of Velvia 50 in it, it hasn't been getting much use recently as I've been using various square-format cameras. The shots below are from my second Zeiss Ikon, a 517/16, and taken on FP4+ and developed (as always) in Ilfosol 3. I'm very happy with how they turned out. The f/6.3 lens is very slow but seems to render really nicely and in sunny Spain, where I go by sunny-22, it's not going to be a big issue. The last shot was taken wide open BTW, I'm not sure about the others.

Lovely Nettar shots. I like the ones with the horses and especially the first one.

The Nettar is a great pocket 6x6. It actually easily goes into a coat pocket and ways next to nothing. I have the version with Novar - Anastigmat 4.5/75 lens, which is quite sharp in the center. For critical sharpnes I use a cotton string with marks applied to it. I have an idea for street portraits: Set the focus scale to a suiting distance, walk up to the subject and hand them one end of the string saying »would you hold this, please«, take a few quick paces backwards, while pointing the Nettar at the subject and when the string is tight, take the photo. Im sure you will get a surprised laugh. Have to try that out someday. I use a Gossen Sixtomat to meter. I have also used it for printed material on one architecture task covering a 18. century house listing, where the vintage expression was appropriate:

Zeiss Ikon Nettar, Novar - Anastigmat 75/4.5 PRONTO, Kodak 125 PX.

09-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #4370
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

..here are the pics

House listing in Hellebæk, Zeiss Ikon Nettar, Novar - Anastigmat 75/4.5 PRONTO, Kodak 125 PX.

09-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #4371
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

I'm liking your choice of subject!

09-01-2013, 02:53 AM   #4372
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rob1234 Quote
I'm liking your choice of subject!

That ´s funny and very similar

09-01-2013, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #4373
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jt_cph_dk Quote
I have an idea for street portraits: Set the focus scale to a suiting distance, walk up to the subject and hand them one end of the string saying »would you hold this, please«, take a few quick paces backwards, while pointing the Nettar at the subject and when the string is tight, take the photo.
Thanks for the tip. I have wood working tools and I'm building a small-as-I-can, handhold 4x5 that will have preset focus distances for people pictures using a flip up FOV frame for composition. I figured I could guess the intended preset focus distances stopping the lens down to take care of distance errors but the string idea might come in handy. It is only in the drawing board phase but looks easy to build and I can salvage the film holder off my current 4x5 view camera.
09-01-2013, 11:56 AM - 3 Likes   #4374
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
great stuff, everyone. Here is one from yesterday. That is Mt. Diablo on the horizon, seen from atop Mt. Tamalpais.

Shadow Play

single frame(not a pano), shot with the FA150/4 on the 645D
09-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #4375
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
great stuff, everyone. Here is one from yesterday. That is Mt. Diablo on the horizon, seen from atop Mt. Tamalpais.

Shadow Play

single frame(not a pano), shot with the FA150/4 on the 645D
Wowie zowie, Mike!
09-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #4376
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Thanks for the tip. I have wood working tools and I'm building a small-as-I-can, handhold 4x5 that will have preset focus distances for people pictures using a flip up FOV frame for composition. I figured I could guess the intended preset focus distances stopping the lens down to take care of distance errors but the string idea might come in handy. It is only in the drawing board phase but looks easy to build and I can salvage the film holder off my current 4x5 view camera.
Great idea, a handy 4X5 ‘automatic‘, perhaps (and with your craftman skills) you could make the camera an auto fire one, with a pin that gets pulled, when the distance is right? Regards
09-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #4377
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tuco. Would the lens have single aperture setting?
09-02-2013, 04:46 AM   #4378
Pentaxian

Here are a few more from the same test roll of FP4+ in the Z.I.

If anyone can suggest what the "bubbling" at the top of the last shot is, I would much appreciate it. I've seen it in a couple of shots recently (from a different camera) and my best guess is bubbles in the developer, though none of the other shots on this roll seem to be affected at all.

09-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #4379
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jt_cph_dk Quote
Tuco. Would the lens have single aperture setting?
Nope. It will be one of my Schneider lenses most likely the small 120mm I have. I'll just use a cable release for the shutter button.
09-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #4380
Pentaxian

If anyone can suggest what the "bubbling" at the top of the last shot is, I would much appreciate it.
I can't say I've ever seen anything like that before. But any additional info like it happing on the last frame which is the first frame on the development reel might be a clue.

Edit: They say to tap the development tank to release any air bubbles on the film prior to starting the agitation cycle. Perhaps that is what they look like.

Last edited by tuco; 09-02-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: More Info