Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 35453 Likes Search this Thread
06-11-2015, 05:04 AM   #7171
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rfkiii Quote
Could someone who has recently posted an image from Flickr in which the image is also actively linked to that image's webpage please post the exact string used? Having a little trouble getting it right. TIA
Ok, navigate to an image in your photostream of flickr album and locate the arrow in the bottom left of the screen the leads to 'share' (third icon from right)

Then select 'BBcode'

choose the image size from the drop down ( I tend to use Large 1024 x 771 for example)

The copy the BBcode url address from the box

Then paste that BBcode (all of it) into your Post and that should link directly to the image

Hope that helps

Andrew

Last edited by unkipunki; 06-11-2015 at 06:50 AM.
06-11-2015, 06:34 AM   #7172
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Down at Rhosilli last night for sunset. Previous night where I just relaxed in front of the TV had more sky interest, lovely pastel pinks in the sky.

Pentax 645Z DA 28-45

Dust spot in the upper left.
06-11-2015, 06:38 AM   #7173
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kolor-Pikker Quote
Dust spot in the upper left.
Noticed and dealt with in the full size. Just as well as have sent this for printing at 44 inches wide....

I actually think it's a bird or something in the sky that came in part way through the shot. Was 25 secs so could have come in late in the exposure...
06-11-2015, 06:56 AM   #7174
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Noticed and dealt with in the full size. Just as well as have sent this for printing at 44 inches wide....

I actually think it's a bird or something in the sky that came in part way through the shot. Was 25 secs so could have come in late in the exposure...
There seems to be a spot on both images in a similar location. I expect that the difference is due to lens and cropping. The one on the pano image is only at the extreme left, probably due to the overlap of the autopano rubbing out it's repeated presence. At f22 it's a strong black dot and at a wider aperture its a softer smudge. Are you sure it was a bird?

06-11-2015, 07:10 AM   #7175

QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
Ok, navigate to an image in your photostream of flickr album and locate the arrow in the bottom left of the screen the leads to 'share' (third icon from right)

Then select 'BBcode'

choose the image size from the drop down ( I tend to use Large 1024 x 771 for example)

The copy the BBcode url address from the box

Then paste that BBcode (all of it) into your Post and that should link directly to the image

Hope that helps

Andrew

Thanks!!!

Delicate Arch, Arches National Park by Rick Knepper
06-11-2015, 07:27 AM   #7176
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rfkiii Quote
You're welcome. Nice image. What size did you select to produce the small linked image?
06-11-2015, 07:31 AM   #7177
Pentaxian

There seems to be a spot on both images in a similar location. I expect that the difference is due to lens and cropping. The one on the pano image is only at the extreme left, probably due to the overlap of the autopano rubbing out it's repeated presence. At f22 it's a strong black dot and at a wider aperture its a softer smudge. Are you sure it was a bird?
I stand corrected. It is indeed dust At least I cloned it out of the full size image before sending it for printing!

06-11-2015, 07:37 AM   #7178
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I stand corrected. It is indeed dust At least I cloned it out of the full size image before sending it for printing!
It doesn't seem to matter how hard I try keep dust of the sensor of the Z it just seems to find it's way there much more than it did on any other size of sensor I have had before. I'm constantly rocket blowing and my girlfriend thinks I'm nuts. She may have a point but not on this particulate issue.
06-11-2015, 07:43 AM   #7179
Pentaxian

I've managed to keep mine dust free for a while. I suspect it was the other day when I took too long changing lenses. I took the camera to Johnsons a few months back and they cleaned it in a couple of hours while I went to have lunch.
06-11-2015, 07:46 AM   #7180
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In 8 weeks or so this little fella is going to be my new best friend. Well he may already be that, but he is my new best friend living somewhere else for now. The 645Z and 90 mm Macro. Not sure this camera and lens combo's focusing speed will keep up with him when he grows up a bit. Do any of you have recommendations for FA 645 lenses that might have a chance of tracking such a subject when they get energetic?

06-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #7181

You're welcome. Nice image. What size did you select to produce the small linked image?

Thanks. 320x240 just for testing your instructions.
06-11-2015, 10:37 PM   #7182

Down at Rhosilli last night for sunset. Previous night where I just relaxed in front of the TV had more sky interest, lovely pastel pinks in the sky.

Pentax 645Z DA 28-45

Panoramic taken last night - cheated a little as pano's should be shot with camera in portrait orientation. Shot in landscape which makes it more prone to distortion. Came out well I think. This shot demonstrates the ability to recover shadow detail with 645Z files. I expose to the left as 645Z files are more able to recover shadow than highlight detail. In excess of 2 stops were recovered in this shot from the shadows.

The pano was created using LR6 new photo merge tool. Very good, very easy, using the autocrop.

645Z FA 33 - 55 f/22

Love the light, composition and feel.

Super to know about the pano tool.

---------- Post added 06-12-15 at 12:39 AM ----------

In 8 weeks or so this little fella is going to be my new best friend. Well he may already be that, but he is my new best friend living somewhere else for now. The 645Z and 90 mm Macro. Not sure this camera and lens combo's focusing speed will keep up with him when he grows up a bit. Do any of you have recommendations for FA 645 lenses that might have a chance of tracking such a subject when they get energetic?
Aww, lovely shot and story.

Well, good question. We will see how the Z responds to the test!

I'm looking forward to them.

---------- Post added 06-12-15 at 12:42 AM ----------

It doesn't seem to matter how hard I try keep dust of the sensor of the Z it just seems to find it's way there much more than it did on any other size of sensor I have had before. I'm constantly rocket blowing and my girlfriend thinks I'm nuts. She may have a point but not on this particulate issue.
lol, I feel your pain.

I've used the Arctic Buttery spin brush with success on my Canon 1 D ll sensor with quite a bit of success.
06-12-2015, 05:58 AM   #7183

Photos: Gallery | Albums
P645N, A 75/2.8 lens (probably), Velvia 50

Last edited by lenticular; 06-12-2015 at 06:23 AM.
06-12-2015, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #7184
Pentaxian

My dog, Caesar enjoys it out in the garden. We always have to check the garden for stones as he likes picking them up too much, and they aren't too good for the mower blades!

645Z FA 80 -160, taken as he rolls over repeatedly - his massive stone was what stopped him!

2. BW - Red filter, Pan50 in Silver efex

Last edited by itshimitis; 06-12-2015 at 12:18 PM.
06-12-2015, 11:25 AM   #7185
Veteran Member

Fuji GA645i, Lomo 400