Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2016, 12:52 AM - 4 Likes   #8251
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 481
Sorry - file not showing above due to my having updated it. Here is the correct version:

[IMG][/IMG]

Ed

01-31-2016, 01:49 AM   #8252
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 188
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Some more from today...

All with 645Z mix of FA 45 - 85 and DFA 35

1.



2.



3.



4.



5.



6.

Is this with the new DFA 35mm??...if so, what's your opinion, having seen the full size files and post processing? Thanks, Ian
01-31-2016, 06:26 AM - 3 Likes   #8253
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,533
In the Rydal Valley

645Z DFA 35





---------- Post added 01-31-16 at 07:19 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BostonUKshooter Quote
Is this with the new DFA 35mm??...if so, what's your opinion, having seen the full size files and post processing? Thanks, Ian
3,5, 6 were with the DFA 35.

It's an excellent lens, very sharp and better than the FA 35. I would say to is close to the 28 - 45 in quality - Ed has been looking with DRAUS comparing the various 35's. It's a very strong lens. Pretty light in weight too.
01-31-2016, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #8254
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 132
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Hurst Quote
Some exciting weather in the Sydney area over the last day or so...

645Z plus 6x7 75mm f2.8AL




645Z plus 645 150mm FA f2.8 lens (3 frame stitch)

[/url][/IMG]


645Z plus 645 150mm FA f2.8 lens

[/url][/IMG]


645Z plus 645 120mm f4 A lens

[/url][/IMG]
Oh wow that first image is amazing!

01-31-2016, 03:40 PM   #8255
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,533
Thanks for the likes guys...

Some from just before my wife and I left the lakes. I would have stayed longer but my wife wanted to get home, so I'll just have to come back after a 2 week trip to Germany...

Pentax 645Z FA 80 - 160

1.



2.



3.

01-31-2016, 04:01 PM - 4 Likes   #8256
Site Supporter
sculptormic's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 223
WWII bunkers in Berck

01-31-2016, 08:02 PM   #8257
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,001
Nice
02-01-2016, 12:53 AM   #8258
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 188
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Hurst Quote
Some exciting weather in the Sydney area over the last day or so...

645Z plus 6x7 75mm f2.8AL




645Z plus 645 150mm FA f2.8 lens (3 frame stitch)

[/url][/IMG]


645Z plus 645 150mm FA f2.8 lens

[/url][/IMG]


645Z plus 645 120mm f4 A lens

[/url][/IMG]
First one is a brilliant capture....lightning detector? Rgds, Ian

02-01-2016, 01:14 AM   #8259
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 481
Thanks Ian. Nope - no detector used, though I have one. I just fired off a consecutive sequence of multi-second exposures, and this ended up being captured.
02-01-2016, 09:25 AM - 1 Like   #8260
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,533
Some more from the Lakes, in the Rydal Valley...

Pentax 645Z DFA 35

1.



2.



3. desaturated:



4. BW



5.



6. 16:10 crop from above



7.

02-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #8261
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 481
itshimitis - love the Lake District stuff, especially those light trails!
02-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #8262
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,533
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Hurst Quote
itshimitis - love the Lake District stuff, especially those light trails!
Thanks Ed. I like the juxtaposition as light trails are usually an urban thing. To have them in a lake District image up close is something I like to do. The snow on the face of Fairfield mountain helps. Had to work a bit harder with tone as it came out really quite blue...

What I am finding is that my hard drive gets to 14GB remaining every few weeks. I back up to a Portable Samsung 4TB HD (basically a rebadged Seagate) but the remaining amount of hard drive after that goes down every time. So I searched for .DNGs with names and deleted a non keeper and found it was still in the LR library. Searching all.dngs that are named so therefore are exports, I found 120GB worth. I was too nervous to delete them, so just backed them up to the 4TB alongside my LR back up...So now I have more than 200GB in my 768GB SSD drive...
02-02-2016, 12:40 AM - 8 Likes   #8263
Pentaxian
Thomasbrowphoto's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 335
~Wayfarer Pt II~
I first Photographed from within this cave back in early September 2014 after many location scouts and waiting for the correct tides. The Image I created on that first shoot would have to be one of my most popular seascape images to date ( 500px.com/photo/84588161/the-cave-by-thomas-brown ) .
Since then this little cave has become quite the hotspot for local and visiting photographers. The tricky thing about shooting here isn't in getting down to the cave, but to try & go home with an original and different take on the location. Most shooters don't realise , but the cave itself is not that big & that two tripods setup can be quite a crowd. What a beautiful spot, I enjoy seeing what people create down there.
Thanks to Nic for standing in on this one. And helping me realise my vision.
5 Image Vertical Panorama - Pentax 645Z + A35mm.

Last edited by Thomasbrowphoto; 06-09-2016 at 04:07 AM.
02-02-2016, 02:26 AM   #8264
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 188
QuoteOriginally posted by sculptormic Quote
WWII bunkers in Berck
Very unusual ....and like an updated Harry Gruyaert beach scene.....

---------- Post added 02-02-16 at 09:29 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Some more from the Lakes, in the Rydal Valley...

Pentax 645Z DFA 35

1.



2.



3. desaturated:



4. BW



5.



6. 16:10 crop from above



7.

Interesting that the water 'flow' in #2 is more apparent than the desat. and b&w versions (at least it seems that way to me)....

---------- Post added 02-02-16 at 09:32 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Thomasbrowphoto Quote
~Wayfarer Pt II~
I first Photographed from within this cave back in early September 2014 after many location scouts and waiting for the correct tides. The Image I created on that first shoot would have to be one of my most popular seascape images to date ( 500px.com/photo/84588161/the-cave-by-thomas-brown ) .
Since then this little cave has become quite the hotspot for local and visiting photographers. The tricky thing about shooting here isn't in getting down to the cave, but to try & go home with an original and different take on the location. Most shooters don't realise , but the cave itself is not that big & that two tripods setup can be quite a crowd. What a beautiful spot, I enjoy seeing what people create down there.
Thanks to Nic for standing in on this one. And helping me realise my vision.
5 Image Vertical Panorama - Pentax 645Z + A35mm.
Very cool and inventive....and excellent highlight detail on the figure.....composited or taken as it looks?
02-02-2016, 06:36 AM   #8265
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newcastle, AU!
Posts: 258
QuoteOriginally posted by 672 Quote
Z & 90mm DFA
That first shot is incredible! And the third, very cyberpunk/Bladerunner vibe!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, camera, cameras, cheapo, drive, efex, film, flickr, format, frame, fujifilm, holes, lens, lomo, medium, medium format, p67ii, pentax 67, portra, post, road, roll, scanner, shot, shots, silver, software, strait, takumar 90mm
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Medium Format straightshooter Pentax Medium Format 3 08-24-2010 07:10 AM
Medium format... D4rknezz Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 04-06-2010 03:59 PM
Medium Format Soon? k100d Pentax News and Rumors 0 03-04-2009 12:09 PM
Medium Format Buffy Pentax Medium Format 5 03-19-2008 12:04 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top