Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2017, 06:52 AM - 4 Likes   #10216
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6
... fresh flowers ...

Hi everybody,

I thought it could be nice to have some fresh colors in this winter times ...

Name:  Tulips.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  250.7 KB

Pentax 645z, Macro FA 120/4 @ 4


The camera is quite new for me, but I really like the pictures that it produces.


Last edited by da_eltsch; 01-19-2017 at 11:57 AM.
01-19-2017, 12:06 PM   #10217
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Ristretto's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 157
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Some from Eastbourne and the Seven sisters area

Nr 5 is gorgeous!
01-19-2017, 12:18 PM   #10218
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,735
QuoteOriginally posted by Ristretto Quote
Nr 5 is gorgeous!
Thanks. At the time, I only had my Sony and the Pentax -the Sony with the Batis 18 on it and the Z with the 28 - 45. Had to crop this back a bit and wishing I'd picked up the 80 - 160 from the car. Stopped off at Park Cameras on the way back, about 30 miles from here. They had the Hasselblad +1 lens in stock. I was more tempted by the DFA 90 they had second hand, but decided against it at £2395.
01-19-2017, 03:31 PM - 13 Likes   #10219
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,540
X-post with BW film thread. Hiking on the Oregon Dunes this winter.

Pentax 67, 67 55/4, Y2 Yellow filter, Sunny 16 Rule and trying out Rollei Retro 80S film for the first time. I need more experience with it that's for sure.



01-20-2017, 12:12 AM - 11 Likes   #10220
Veteran Member
Thomasbrowphoto's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 335
Rise and Shine.

Pentax 645Z + DA25mm
Bonny Hills NSW Australia.
Instagram @thomasbrownphoto
Attached Images
 
01-20-2017, 09:33 AM   #10221
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IgorZ's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,288
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
X-post with BW film thread. Hiking on the Oregon Dunes this winter.

Pentax 67, 67 55/4, Y2 Yellow filter, Sunny 16 Rule and trying out Rollei Retro 80S film for the first time. I need more experience with it that's for sure.
Great photo! Do you need a tripod to shoot Retro 80S?
01-20-2017, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #10222
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,540
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
Great photo! Do you need a tripod to shoot Retro 80S?
Thanks. For this shot, yes, because it was taken at f16 since I needed a lot of DOF (could have used more). I don't remember the shutter speed but since I used the Sunny 16 rule we can reverse engineer it.

The rule says f16 @ 1/60th for this film speed ( closest match for this camera). Yellow filter = f16 @ 1/30th. Open one stop for winter time = f16 @ 1/15th and open one stop for low sun = f16 @ 1/8th (normally 2 stops for that low of sun but only one was added for bright surfaces). So yes I needed a tripod. But handhold work could be done at f8 or wider that day depending on filter, mounted focal length and your handhold shutter speed threshold.

Last edited by tuco; 01-20-2017 at 12:24 PM.
01-20-2017, 12:36 PM - 3 Likes   #10223
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6
Brown Tones

Another snap with the 645z and the FA Macro 120/4

Name:  weed-5.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  236.4 KB

I am curious how it renders portrait shots.

01-20-2017, 01:16 PM - 1 Like   #10224
Senior Member
sugus's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Zürich
Posts: 200
11.1.2017 on a cold day





01-20-2017, 04:11 PM - 8 Likes   #10225
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,735
Some from Rhossili, haven't been here for a while. It was cloudless so little interest in the sky until the sun went down...

645Z

1. 400 f/5.6



2. 80 - 160



3. 28 - 45



4. 6 minute exposure after the sun went down - the white streaks are stars...



5. 50 minute exposure - temperature at freezing...someone walked across the beach with a head torch on right at the end of the exposure...

01-21-2017, 01:43 AM - 1 Like   #10226
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 5,157
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Thanks. For this shot, yes, because it was taken at f16 since I needed a lot of DOF (could have used more). I don't remember the shutter speed but since I used the Sunny 16 rule we can reverse engineer it.

The rule says f16 @ 1/60th for this film speed ( closest match for this camera). Yellow filter = f16 @ 1/30th. Open one stop for winter time = f16 @ 1/15th and open one stop for low sun = f16 @ 1/8th (normally 2 stops for that low of sun but only one was added for bright surfaces). So yes I needed a tripod. But handhold work could be done at f8 or wider that day depending on filter, mounted focal length and your handhold shutter speed threshold.
Wow, your version of the sunny sixteen rules seems much more complicated than mine....

01-21-2017, 07:59 AM   #10227
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 840
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
X-post with BW film thread. Hiking on the Oregon Dunes this winter.

Pentax 67, 67 55/4, Y2 Yellow filter, Sunny 16 Rule and trying out Rollei Retro 80S film for the first time. I need more experience with it that's for sure.
That is a fine image, beautifully done. thanks for your further explanation of the shot as well.

---------- Post added 01-21-17 at 10:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Some from Rhossili, haven't been here for a while. It was cloudless so little interest in the sky until the sun went down...

645Z

1. 400 f/5.6



2. 80 - 160



3. 28 - 45



4. 6 minute exposure after the sun went down - the white streaks are stars...



5. 50 minute exposure - temperature at freezing...someone walked across the beach with a head torch on right at the end of the exposure...

Lovely clarity on these images as always from you. I don't always comment but I do always admire. Excellent decision to align the top of the landmass with the horizon. Thanks also for the time notations.
01-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #10228
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,540
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Wow, your version of the sunny sixteen rules seems much more complicated than mine....
I guess. But isn't the starting exposure for the Sunny 16 Rule for conditions in the mid to lower latitudes with summer time Sun high in the clear blue sky? So just like you have to adjust for cloudy conditions in this rule you also have to adjust for when the sun going through more atmosphere ( time of day, time of year and geographical location) and of course filters. And apparently it works. Judging by my deep shadows the rule placed them about 3 stops below the middle grey exposure. When I use my one-degree spot meter, I typically place my shadows 2 stops below the middle grey.

---------- Post added 01-21-17 at 09:11 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
That is a fine image, beautifully done. thanks for your further explanation of the shot as well.
Thank you.
01-21-2017, 02:24 PM - 9 Likes   #10229
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mikeSF's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,984
from this morning during a sunshower

Clayton Sunshower
645Z & DFA 55/2.8
01-21-2017, 07:26 PM - 2 Likes   #10230
Pentaxian
unixrevolution's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waldorf, MD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,859
This thread is where the best photogs on PF hang out.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, camera, cameras, cheapo, drive, efex, film, flickr, format, frame, fujifilm, holes, lens, lomo, medium, medium format, p67ii, pentax 67, portra, post, road, roll, scanner, shot, shots, silver, software, strait, takumar 90mm
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Medium Format straightshooter Pentax Medium Format 3 08-24-2010 07:10 AM
Medium format... D4rknezz Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 04-06-2010 03:59 PM
Medium Format Soon? k100d Pentax News and Rumors 0 03-04-2009 12:09 PM
Medium Format Buffy Pentax Medium Format 5 03-19-2008 12:04 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top