Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2018, 01:32 AM   #11506
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mikeSF's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,936
QuoteOriginally posted by kaseki Quote
60 oh's and ah's incorporated herein by reference. Also multiple kudosi for captioning.

With respect to the photo of Mr. 645Z and friends: Did you use a big box type diffuser to bring out the textures of black on black while keeping down specular highlights?
thank you.
on that "family pic", i can no longer remember the setup but it looks like soft light. Back then all i had was an AF-540 flash into a 24" softbox, so perhaps that. The reflections in the front elements, however, show my dining room window with shutters and some ceiling lights from the room, so there is predominately room light doing most of the work with some fill from the front, off axis.

for the black on black, i am sure i brought up the shadows in processing to help with that

02-25-2018, 03:28 AM - 6 Likes   #11507
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mikeSF's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,936
Here's another from Yosemite

Goin' to the Chapel
645Z & DFA 90 Macro
02-25-2018, 05:00 AM - 1 Like   #11508
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
ivanvernon's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Medina, OH
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,783
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
Here's another from Yosemite

Goin' to the Chapel
645Z & DFA 90 Macro
Picture perfect! Sharp and perfectly framed . . . great credit to you and the Z + 90!

---------- Post added 02-25-18 at 07:02 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Picture perfect! Sharp and perfectly framed . . . great credit to you and the Z + 90!
You and mattb123 make this thread something really special!
02-25-2018, 03:15 PM - 10 Likes   #11509
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Location: London
Posts: 597
Noticing that the cloud forecast looked interesting, I decided I wanted to get up and do sunrise yesterday. Trouble is, Sunday was my partner Debbie's turn for a much-needed lie in (i.e. the kids - aged three and two - were my responsibility) and if I left while they all slept, the little ones were liable to wake up in my absence and get Debbie up. Which would not have been good for family relations.

So, the only answer was to get the kids up and take them with me! And select a location in which they could be relatively safe (not stumbling around over rocks in the dark at high tide...) So I opted for this location. Worked out pretty well in the end. Felt a little mean to the boys though...

645Z with 28-45mm lens @28mm - ISO 800 to freeze motion of ship, 1/5 sec f4.5
[IMG][/IMG]

645Z with 6x7 75mm f2.8AL lens, ISO 100, 8 secs f11
[IMG][/IMG]

645Z with 28-45mm lens @31mm, ISO 100, 20 secs f6.3
[IMG][/IMG]

02-25-2018, 03:38 PM - 12 Likes   #11510
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mikeSF's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,936

Painted Ladies
by Mike Oria, on Flickr

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
Last night at Alamo Square, San Francisco

Painted Ladies
Painted Ladies
645D & A80-160

My first time trying the A80-160 i've had in the closet for nearly 2 years. Hey, this thing ain't bad at all.
I licensed this image to a jigsaw puzzle company and the puzzle is now commercially available worldwide via Castorland(Poland). In the USA there are several stocking distributors including walmart.com in case anyone is interested.

Castorland PAINTED LADIES SAN FRANCISCO 1000 pc Jigsaw Puzzle Rowhouses - Walmart.com

Last edited by mikeSF; 02-25-2018 at 04:07 PM.
02-25-2018, 03:59 PM   #11511
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Location: London
Posts: 597
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
From yesterday morning in Yosemite.
Beautiful image, Mike!
02-25-2018, 06:26 PM - 1 Like   #11512
Pentaxian
mattb123's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado High Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,419
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Hurst Quote
Noticing that the cloud forecast looked interesting, I decided I wanted to get up and do sunrise yesterday. Trouble is, Sunday was my partner Debbie's turn for a much-needed lie in (i.e. the kids - aged three and two - were my responsibility) and if I left while they all slept, the little ones were liable to wake up in my absence and get Debbie up. Which would not have been good for family relations.

So, the only answer was to get the kids up and take them with me! And select a location in which they could be relatively safe (not stumbling around over rocks in the dark at high tide...) So I opted for this location. Worked out pretty well in the end. Felt a little mean to the boys though...

645Z with 28-45mm lens @28mm - ISO 800 to freeze motion of ship, 1/5 sec f4.5
[/url][/IMG]

645Z with 6x7 75mm f2.8AL lens, ISO 100, 8 secs f11
[/url][/IMG]

645Z with 28-45mm lens @31mm, ISO 100, 20 secs f6.3
[/url][/IMG]
Worth it, I'd say! Beautiful images.
I remember doing that with my son, putting snow clothes on over his pajamas for an evening mission he would be sleeping on the way home from.
02-25-2018, 06:35 PM - 2 Likes   #11513
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Location: London
Posts: 597
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Worth it, I'd say! Beautiful images.
I remember doing that with my son, putting snow clothes on over his pajamas for an evening mission he would be sleeping on the way home from.

Hah! Thanks, Matt. Nice to know I am not the only one...! Certainly made me feel a little guilty...

02-26-2018, 06:02 AM   #11514
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 784
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Hurst Quote
Hah! Thanks, Matt. Nice to know I am not the only one...! Certainly made me feel a little guilty...
Yes, Ed, good shots. But also, don't feel guilty, be forewarned: as a kid, once I saw (through fishing) how interesting the world was at dawn, I wanted more and more to get up early for it. You might find they start waking you up!
02-26-2018, 06:30 AM - 1 Like   #11515
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
ivanvernon's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Medina, OH
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,783
Frosty, sunny morning in Ohio

By the dawn's early light . . . late February images in our neighborhood . . . my favorite time to create images . . . submitted with apologies to all the fantastic photographers on this thread!

KIT: 645D and FA 80-160.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 

Last edited by ivanvernon; 02-26-2018 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Edit text
02-26-2018, 03:14 PM - 6 Likes   #11516
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Location: London
Posts: 597
Series of images taken on a rainy night at Sydney's Chinese New Year display of lanterns around Circular Quay.

645Z with 28-45mm lens:


[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]


645Z with 25mm f4 DA:
[IMG][/IMG]


Ed
02-26-2018, 03:17 PM   #11517
Pentaxian
mattb123's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado High Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,419
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Hurst Quote
Series of images taken on a rainy night at Sydney's Chinese New Year display of lanterns around Circular Quay.

645Z with 28-45mm lens:


[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]


645Z with 25mm f4 DA:
[/url][/IMG]


Ed
Very nice! I especially like the first one. Zoom during the exposure?
02-26-2018, 03:24 PM - 1 Like   #11518
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Location: London
Posts: 597
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Very nice! I especially like the first one. Zoom during the exposure?
Thanks, Matt. Yes, zoom during exposure. Then a non-zoomed image was blended with it. Then, as a final touch, the effect of the zoomed layer was accentuated with a little radial blur... But the main part of the effect was in-camera! I find that works better than doing the whole thing in post.
02-26-2018, 09:39 PM - 3 Likes   #11519
Pentaxian
mattb123's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado High Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,419
Out on a walk tonight. The ice is receding although the past couple of nights have been pretty cold.
645D & A 35/3.5
02-27-2018, 04:11 AM   #11520
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 283
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
645D & FA 80-160




Great shot of the pooch....brilliant eye contact!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, camera, cameras, cheapo, drive, efex, film, flickr, format, frame, fujifilm, holes, lens, lomo, medium, medium format, p67ii, pentax 67, portra, post, road, roll, scanner, shot, shots, silver, software, strait, takumar 90mm
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Medium Format straightshooter Pentax Medium Format 3 08-24-2010 07:10 AM
Medium format... D4rknezz Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 04-06-2010 03:59 PM
Medium Format Soon? k100d Pentax News and Rumors 0 03-04-2009 12:09 PM
Medium Format Buffy Pentax Medium Format 5 03-19-2008 12:04 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:45 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top