Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #1396
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,270
thanks Tuco

03-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #1397
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,743
I love architecture shots !
Mmh I can see some dust

Castle of Vianden • Luxembourg



645N • Arsat 30mm • Rollei R3 400 iso in R09 1+40 25min @ 20°C
03-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #1398
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fowlmere, UK
Photos: Albums
Posts: 704
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Medium format fox
Nice pic! Never saw a fox until I moved to London, where I've seen many. What camera and lens were you using here?
03-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #1399
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
I love architecture shots !
Mmh I can see some dust

Castle of Vianden • Luxembourg



645N • Arsat 30mm • Rollei R3 400 iso in R09 1+40 25min @ 20°C

That is a very nice take on a difficult (at least for me) subject.

cheers,

Luc

03-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #1400
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Retro 100 Ilfosol 3 1+9 ETRSI w/ MC40 f4 probably @ f11, but it was so long back i don't remember
the white dots in the black are lights from inside (think i got all the dust) a shot of the Loathed/Loved new Royal Ontario Museum addition (I'm of 2 minds myself)








This film scratches if you look at it the wrong way and curls like crazy, took over 2 weeks of flattening to make it reasonably scannable
Glad i don't have any left

Back to something better
Cool shots for sure, cool museum???
03-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #1401
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
First Pentax 67 shots

Well it has arrived - my new Pentax 67, the 50/4, 90/2.8 and 200/4. The 75 shift is still on its way.

So yesterday I took the kit for a run. On my own no dog, no wife, just 67 and me I discovered several things in no specific order:

1) I like the camera and lenses. Simple effective everything you need is there at the right place - just enjoyable to use. So far my experience is on tripod which to me makes a lot of sense as it makes it easy to go through the different steps including the mirror lock up.

2) The 55/4 feels like a great lens.
3) The 55/4 vignettes with a filter and my 77mm wide metal hood from Heavystar
4) The 90/2.8 feels like a good lens - in the league of the 645 75mm or close to the 80mm CT*. I think that it is a lens that you just use and forget about anything specific but gives excellent results at the end of the day
5) The 200/4 I do not really know yet. Because I do not shoot that long very often and mostly see bellow

That is for the good

Now for the bad

Well the bad has nothing to do with the Pentax 67

6) I had trouble mounting the roll on the reel and dropped the roll at the bottom of the changing bag. I discovered that the inside of my bag was a pigtail with dust and small hair. From now on I am trying the basement bathroom under key and lock to change load my films on reel.
7) Another unsuccessful attempt at divided Pyrocat HD. I again got very uneven development. I think that I will forget my idea of having the Divided Pyrocat HD as a Diafine like developer for slow film.

Between the two it ruined a fine shooting session and I could somewhat salvage only three shots and this just for the sake of having my first shots with the P67. The two shots with the 200/4 I had to throw away.

P67 50/4 F16 Y2 Across 100




P67 50/4 F11 Y2 Across 100




P67 90/2.8 F11 Y2 Across 100



High five for the first brush with the P67.


Curiously, the good experience with the P67 on Saturday, drove me to take the Hasselblad out to finish a roll today. Lately I had a falling out with the Blad and was almost thinking of selling it.
I decided to go back to basic. Remove the 45' prism put back the WLF and just take the 80mm in a small bag.
Well I have to say that to my surprise, I had a lot of fun just shooting hand held with the nice big finder (Accumate D).
Well that is until I realized that there was no film in the back as I had taken it out after playing around
I swear that the shots I "took" this morning would have been great...
In any case, no more prism for this Blad and tripod might be optional

Cheers,

Luc

Last edited by lbenac; 03-07-2011 at 07:40 PM.
03-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #1402
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,103
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Well it has arrived - my new Pentax 67, the 50/4, 90/2.8 and 200/4. The 75 shift is still on its way.

So yesterday I took the kit for a run. On my own no dog, no wife, just 67 and me I discovered several things in no specific order:
Nice results.

QuoteQuote:
...
Well that is until I realized that there was no film in the back as I had taken it out after playing around
I swear that the shots I "took" this morning would have been great...
In any case, no more prism for this Blad and tripod might be optional

Cheers,

Luc
No, those shots would have not been great. They would have been the best you've ever taken!

I made little film ID tags to fit in that film slot in back that you can flip open so I know what film is loaded. And I put the letter "E", for empty, on the back of the tag so when I remove the film, I flip the film ID tag around so "E" shows through the window. No problem remembering which film back has what film or not anymore.
03-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #1403
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Nice results.



No, those shots would have not been great. They would have been the best you've ever taken!

I made little film ID tags to fit in that film slot in back that you can flip open so I know what film is loaded. And I put the letter "E", for empty, on the back of the tag so when I remove the film, I flip the film ID tag around so "E" shows through the window. No problem remembering which film back has what film or not anymore.

Thanks. The neg are somewhat OK in small size for posting but too damn dirty for anything bigger.


You mean that you have some discipline
I used to put the flap of the box of the film in the slot and then remove it at the same time then removing the film. The system crumbled when I started buying 5 packs with no card boxes and I let it slip
Now it is time for me to go back to more discipline. I like the idea of one same card that gets flipped - it is a great tip. Well one of my back has lost the plastic holder. Not sure if I can find one to replace it?

Cheers,

Luc

03-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #1404
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,415
QuoteOriginally posted by Vertex Ninja Quote
Flickr will slightly alter your photos too
Yes, that is true for anything other than the original upload image.


Steve
03-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #1405
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,415
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
I had trouble mounting the roll on the reel and dropped the roll at the bottom of the changing bag
Changing bag? Can't you just load the camera in subdued light? That is what I do with my roll film holders for the view camera.


Steve
03-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #1406
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 652
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Changing bag? Can't you just load the camera in subdued light? That is what I do with my roll film holders for the view camera.


Steve
Steve, I think he was referring to development but I may have misunderstood.
03-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #1407
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
Hello guys, I was referring to a changing bag to load exposed film onto reel and reel into tank in the dark. The ones that look like a large black tee-shirt with zipper and elastic bands at the sleeves

Cheers,

Luc
03-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #1408
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 652
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
...
7) Another unsuccessful attempt at divided Pyrocat HD. I again got very uneven development. I think that I will forget my idea of having the Divided Pyrocat HD as a Diafine like developer for slow film.
...
Cheers,

Luc
Real shame about that. I would contact Mr. King and see what he thinks before calling it quits. However, if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work. No sense in trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I will say though, Acros is my favorite slowish speed film and I've never noticed a hint of unevenness. I use MC and distilled water though, so who knows whats giving you so much grief.

Great shots none the less!
03-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #1409
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by Vertex Ninja Quote
Real shame about that. I would contact Mr. King and see what he thinks before calling it quits. However, if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work. No sense in trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I will say though, Acros is my favorite slowish speed film and I've never noticed a hint of unevenness. I use MC and distilled water though, so who knows whats giving you so much grief.

Great shots none the less!

Thanks.
I know I really tried and it works on 1+1+100 but not on divided. I was hoping to use it like I use Diafine but I think that it will not happen.
So I think that I will be back to Rodinal 1+100 or Pyrocat HD 1+1+100 (specially for EFke 25 that is so contrasty).
And of course Diafine for Tri-X and Pan-X.
If you ever travel to Vancouver, let me know and we will have dinner and a you can give me a developing class

Cheers,

Luc
03-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #1410
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 652
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
...
If you ever travel to Vancouver, let me know and we will have dinner and a you can give me a developing class

Cheers,

Luc
Will do, but I'm afraid you'd be the one teaching me a thing or two. I've just been lucky. Stand development though... I can't get that right to save my life!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645d, 645z, camera, cameras, cheapo, drive, efex, film, flickr, format, frame, fujifilm, holes, lens, lomo, medium, medium format, p67ii, pentax 67, portra, post, road, roll, scanner, shot, shots, silver, software, strait, takumar 90mm
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Medium Format straightshooter Pentax Medium Format 3 08-24-2010 07:10 AM
Medium format... D4rknezz Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 04-06-2010 03:59 PM
Medium Format Soon? k100d Pentax News and Rumors 0 03-04-2009 12:09 PM
Medium Format Buffy Pentax Medium Format 5 03-19-2008 12:04 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top