Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #2146
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Problem solved. A little bit less compensation so it might need some fine tuning but negative were absolutely even.

Cheers,

luc

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Thanks Tuco, Matken for the advice.
The doorway looks pretty good and I actually like the reflection of the van. Well an old Jag would be of course nicer...

I have been developing in Pyrocat HD
  • 1+1+100 75F 16' agitation every 3'
as per Sandy King recommendations for TMY-2 on APUG/LFF. This worked for HD but does not seem to work for MC.

I am now trying different development for MC:
  • 1+1+100 70F 15' agitation 10" every minute
The negatives are washing as we speak.
Crossing my fingers it solves the problem.

I am trying to use only one developer that does all my films and when Pyrocat works, I like the results.

Cheers,

Luc

07-09-2011, 02:07 AM   #2147
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

07-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #2148
Veteran Member

I was just having a look and Kodak description of the Tmax Developper says that it is for rolls only and that Tmax RS is for both rolls and sheets

I am a little bit confused..

Cheers,

Luc

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Turned out well even with the van. Really has some nice texture.

A liter of working T-Max developer is good for about 12 rolls. And, if not replenished with T-Max RS, it needs time compensation. That is, after X-number of rolls, you need to increase the development time. And after Y-number of rolls, increase it some more.

Now when you are at roll number 10 or 11, you'll have some of your best shots and you may ponder if you should risk using near exhausted developer because you want them to be their best and possibly mix a new batch.
07-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #2149
Veteran Member

The (very nice) resort where we stayed. with direct view and access to the beach including with dogs

Fuji GSW690 TMY-2 25' exposure Pyrocat-MC 1+1+100 15' 10"/1'

Cheers,

Luc

07-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #2150
Pentaxian

Last year about this date I went up to this lookout and took this shot. This year I was planning another trip but it is still packed with snow. I guess it was a long, wet winter. A photo buddy I went with took the digital color shot.

Zeiss Distagon CB T* 60mm f3.5, Yellow Filter, 100 Acros, PMK Pyro, Pentax Spotmeter V

Last edited by tuco; 07-09-2011 at 03:02 PM.
07-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #2151
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Last year about this date I went up to this lookout and took this shot. This year I was planning another trip but it is still packed with snow. I guess it was a long, wet winter. A photo buddy I went with took the digital color shot.

Zeiss Distagon CB T* 60mm f3.5, Yellow Filter, 100 Acros, PMK Pyro, Pentax Spotmeter V

A Tuco portrait! At last a face to put with the man!

Comparing your well-done B&W film shot with the color digital answers many of the "why shoot film" questions. Simply put...In the right hands film rules!

Steve

BTW...I read a note from a friend of mine that even the trail to Lake 22 is pretty much impassable due to snow.
07-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #2152
Veteran Member

So that is what you look like - no long beard a la Ansel Adam
Same here in BC, North Vancouver's mountain still have snow that you can perfectly see while swimming at the beach and all the bears are way down in the valleys and twons
Tomorrow I am planning to go and see how much snow is still up there.

Cheers,

Luc

07-10-2011, 04:51 AM   #2153

what a nice "making of" shot, tuco! The man behind the Hassy.
07-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #2154
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
A Tuco portrait! At last a face to put with the man!

Comparing your well-done B&W film shot with the color digital answers many of the "why shoot film" questions. Simply put...In the right hands film rules!

Steve

BTW...I read a note from a friend of mine that even the trail to Lake 22 is pretty much impassable due to snow.
Thanks. The digital is from his D300 with flash fill. I could have bumped up the shadow area more and corrected that blue cast in the shadows if I wanted to. But I think the the two shots together does make for an interesting comparison and shows the light range real BW film can do in a single shot.

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
So that is what you look like - no long beard a la Ansel Adam

Luc
Nope, no beard, ha.

QuoteOriginally posted by phonoline Quote
what a nice "making of" shot, tuco! The man behind the Hassy.
Thanks. He gave me the picture when we started talking about going back which prompted me to scan that shot of his son for this behind the scene shot.
07-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #2155
Pentaxian

Zeiss Distagon CB T* 60mm f3.5, Yellow Filter, Kodak 400TMY, PMK Pyro

07-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #2156
Pentaxian

People looking at the Gum Wall in Post Alley, Seattle. The Market Theater Gum Wall is a local attraction where people stick their gum in addition to coins all over a brick wall. If you find a fresh one, it still has some flavor left I've found. I also took a color shot of the wall yet to be developed.

Zeiss Planar CF T* 100mm f3.5, Kodak 400TMY, PMK Pyro, Pentax Spotmeter V

07-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #2157
Veteran Member

Nice portrait, tuco Always interesting to see the face behind the name or online user ID.
I like the next 2 shots you posted too. The low perspective on the gum wall shot works well IMO.

Heaps of other shots in here that I would like to comment on too, but seem to hardly have time at the moment.
Living in a place that is very flat and low, often I wish that I had some mountains nearby.
07-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #2158
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Nice portrait, tuco Always interesting to see the face behind the name or online user ID.
I like the next 2 shots you posted too. The low perspective on the gum wall shot works well IMO.

Heaps of other shots in here that I would like to comment on too, but seem to hardly have time at the moment.
Living in a place that is very flat and low, often I wish that I had some mountains nearby.
Thanks. Handheld in a dark alley means open lens with focus and resulting DOF either near or far but not both so I thought I'd just make it more expected that the foreground is OOF with that low angle and have it draw you to people.

Having the mountains is nice but that means you have to climb them to get up there, arrrrrg.
07-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #2159
Veteran Member

People looking at the Gum Wall in Post Alley, Seattle. The Market Theater Gum Wall is a local attraction where people stick their gum in addition to coins all over a brick wall. If you find a fresh one, it still has some flavor left I've found. I also took a color shot of the wall yet to be developed.

Zeiss Planar CF T* 100mm f3.5, Kodak 400TMY, PMK Pyro, Pentax Spotmeter V

Nice DR. The shot has kept the building in the background with plenty of details I am always impressed when a shot like this come out the way yours has - congrats. Oh and also for the new lens so now you need a bigger bag for the Hassy 50/60/80/100/120/150 - what about a 180

Cheers,

Luc
07-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #2160
Veteran Member

Thanks. Handheld in a dark alley means open lens with focus and resulting DOF either near or far but not both so I thought I'd just make it more expected that the foreground is OOF with that low angle and have it draw you to people.

Having the mountains is nice but that means you have to climb them to get up there, arrrrrg.
Nice, well I'd say that the focus and DoF are spot on for the type of shot.
Good point I suppose, it's much easier to stroll along a beach or go for a bush walk