Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 35453 Likes Search this Thread
08-21-2011, 11:46 PM   #2536
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lens flair or not, they're nice shots. Beautiful landscape. Were these with the new Mamiya?

08-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #2537
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Nice work Colton. Looks like you did a good job of keeping the camera steady and level on that boat. Not always an easy task.
Thanks Jason,
It was definitely a little tricky shooting from the boat. I was pretty uncertain as to whether I would end up with anything decent, especially as I was shooting at 1/60s on a few. The WLF definitely seems to make steadying the camera easier.
08-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #2538
Pentaxian

Lens flair or not, they're nice shots. Beautiful landscape. Were these with the new Mamiya?
Yes, the M7II with 43mm and 150mm with a yellow filter. I'll look for that flash shot with blur around the subject when shooting the P67 at 1/30 for a flash sync (my) tomorrow and scan it in.

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
It was definitely a little tricky shooting from the boat. I was pretty uncertain as to whether I would end up with anything decent, especially as I was shooting at 1/60s on a few. The WLF definitely seems to make steadying the camera easier.
Well done and great shots.
08-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #2539
Inactive Account

Tuco, those are gorgeous! I see some slight haloing though, and even if I don't mind it at all, I have to wonder how much work you've done in PP that is "global" versus "local" for the image. Would you mind sharing some thoughts?

-----------------

I just scanned a roll of Tmax 400 shot with the Bessa III a few days ago...

08-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #2540
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Makten Quote
Tuco, those are gorgeous! I see some slight haloing though, and even if I don't mind it at all, I have to wonder how much work you've done in PP that is "global" versus "local" for the image. Would you mind sharing some thoughts?
I really don't know how haloing would get there. Local adjustments are by applying a graduated mask vertically across the image and adjusting the curve. Burning/dodging is done by shadow/midtone/highlight values. Note on the second shot, that's not haloing around those trees. It looks like it but the light on that side and a light patches on the next layer of mountain make it look like it.
08-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #2541
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
In these somber times that have seen the multiplication of 645D and die hard getting new folder with "metering", in solidarity with Nester "the king of the sharpest Kodak lenses" I decided to take upon myself to post a couple of pics of a "real men" camera 3.3 Kg of Pentax goodness...

Last edited by lbenac; 07-14-2012 at 07:04 AM.
08-23-2011, 02:14 AM   #2542
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
In these somber times that have seen the multiplication of 645D and die hard getting new folder with "metering", in solidarity with Nester "the king of the sharpest Kodak lenses" I decided to take upon myself to post a couple of pics of a "real men" camera 3.3 Kg of Pentax goodness...
Haha nice work!
I see you managed to avoid the lure of the metered prism. And two nice big wooden grips! I've been considering getting the wooden grip for the left hand. But where did you get the right hand grip?

08-23-2011, 03:28 AM   #2543
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Makten Quote

I just scanned a roll of Tmax 400 shot with the Bessa III a few days ago...
Damn you and your Bessa III Each time you post these my wallet does a little jump... let's see, do I have a round number birthday coming up? damn, not till December 2012!

QuoteQuote:
With the two handles I imagine you shooting machine gun style, cable release in your teeth
08-23-2011, 04:58 AM   #2544
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Real men shoot the 6x7 without those grips.
08-23-2011, 05:22 AM   #2545
Veteran Member

Just to annoy Luc some more, here are some colour shots.

Pentax 67, 55/4, Fuji Reala 100

Pentax 67, 55/4, Fuji Reala 100

08-23-2011, 07:03 AM   #2546
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I really don't know how haloing would get there. Local adjustments are by applying a graduated mask vertically across the image and adjusting the curve. Burning/dodging is done by shadow/midtone/highlight values. Note on the second shot, that's not haloing around those trees. It looks like it but the light on that side and a light patches on the next layer of mountain make it look like it.
Thanks for the explanation! I seldom do any dodging and burning myself, but selective curves for different parts of an image is very effective.

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Damn you and your Bessa III Each time you post these my wallet does a little jump... let's see, do I have a round number birthday coming up? damn, not till December 2012!
If you're gonna get one, do it now instead of waiting!

I just recieved my E-6 chems, 10 rolls of Provia 400X and 5 rolls of Velvia 50. The working solutions are mixed and the Bessa is loaded!
This is a good moment to screw up development for the first time, because the E-6 handling prescriptions are quite absurd. You could contamine the first developer with only vapors of the color developer! Jeez...

Well, I'm off to shoot that first roll now! If I manage to f*ck up development, I'll just send the other 14 rolls to a lab.
08-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #2547
Veteran Member

Real men shoot the 6x7 without those grips.

Yes but the left hand grip is a must to swing the camera when you want to bash somebody in the head
08-23-2011, 07:18 AM   #2548
Veteran Member

You could get the Fuji GF667 - only $1,700 at B&H or Adorama

With the two handles I imagine you shooting machine gun style, cable release in your teeth
Well with the 75/shift it would be more akin to a mortar. The idea is to be stable enough to use the shift while in the middle of a busy street in Europe because it would be unlikely that I could set-up a tripod. I will be testing what works better - right hand grip only or both.
08-23-2011, 07:20 AM   #2549
Veteran Member

Haha nice work!
I see you managed to avoid the lure of the metered prism. And two nice big wooden grips! I've been considering getting the wooden grip for the left hand. But where did you get the right hand grip?
There is a guy on eBay that make them and put them from time to time. Not cheap but very nice.
08-23-2011, 07:35 AM   #2550
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Darn lens flare. And of course it's on the only one I liked. We'll see how the color roll turns out.

Sunrise On Mount Rainier

Kodak 100TMX

Ahhhh...Eunice Lake! It has been years since I have been there!

Steve