Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2021, 12:54 PM   #16036
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Great images, Ivan ! This P67 Macro really delivers.

Regards
thanks, I thought it did well too, very sharp lens.

03-01-2021, 01:22 PM - 3 Likes   #16037
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Best "light kit" for landscape photography : 645Z + P67 45 mm + 75 mm + 165 mm ...

P67 45 mm f/4 @ f/8

P67 75 mm f/2.8 @ f/8

P67 165 mm f/2.8 @ f/5.6
03-01-2021, 04:30 PM - 10 Likes   #16038
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sunset over Narrabeen Lagoon

I have been trying to nail this location for years and still haven't! Last week, one evening looked like a perfect opportunity - nice, textured high cloud, clearer skies near the western horizon, the sun setting at the right angle for this composition, etc. etc.. But, yet again, I was stymied by conditions. The colours were just building as the sun was setting when it suddenly died - there must have been some cloud over the western horizon that I couldn't see. Anyway, I hung on and did this shot about 30 mins after sunset - when some colour returned; with some processing, I've made something of it - but I still consider it unfinished business. One day, I want the perfect sunset here and then I can just forget about it.

Funny how some shots just taunt you for years, where as others are easy... It's always been that way!

645Z with 25mm DA lens
[IMG][/IMG]

---------- Post added 03-02-21 at 11:11 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
Dramatic sky and compelling comp!
Thanks, my friend!
03-01-2021, 05:58 PM - 1 Like   #16039
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Hurst Quote
I have been trying to nail this location for years and still haven't! Last week, one evening looked like a perfect opportunity - nice, textured high cloud, clearer skies near the western horizon, the sun setting at the right angle for this composition, etc. etc.. But, yet again, I was stymied by conditions. The colours were just building as the sun was setting when it suddenly died - there must have been some cloud over the western horizon that I couldn't see. Anyway, I hung on and did this shot about 30 mins after sunset - when some colour returned; with some processing, I've made something of it - but I still consider it unfinished business. One day, I want the perfect sunset here and then I can just forget about it.

Funny how some shots just taunt you for years, where as others are easy... It's always been that way!

645Z with 25mm DA lens
[/url][/IMG]

Thanks, my friend!
You're mad if you think that can be improved upon.

03-01-2021, 07:01 PM   #16040
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dsmithhfx Quote
You're mad if you think that can be improved upon.
Thanks, my friend - I appreciate the compliment very much :-). Perhaps I am falling into the trap of judging the result by the failure to get it the way I had in mind, rather than on its own merits!

Last edited by Ed Hurst; 03-01-2021 at 08:40 PM.
03-02-2021, 05:16 AM   #16041
Pentaxian

Thanks, my friend - I appreciate the compliment very much :-). Perhaps I am falling into the trap of judging the result by the failure to get it the way I had in mind, rather than on its own merits!
Haha, I was only half-kidding. You've posted so many amazing shots, and no doubt will continue!

This one hints at a different direction, or at least one I've not seen before.
03-02-2021, 09:56 AM   #16042
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

645Z with 25mm DA lens
[/url][/IMG]

Thanks, my friend!

wow, that's a beauty!!

03-02-2021, 10:24 AM   #16043
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

645Z with 25mm DA lens
[/url][/IMG]

Thanks, my friend!
I know the struggle! Great shot despite the challenges.
03-02-2021, 02:38 PM   #16044
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

645Z with 25mm DA lens
[/url][/IMG]

Thanks, my friend!
Wonderful image. You've nailed this location, no reason to worry any longer. If something better presents itself, I'm sure you will capture it as well.

Thanks for sharing,
barondla
03-02-2021, 03:21 PM - 8 Likes   #16045
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dsmithhfx Quote
Haha, I was only half-kidding. You've posted so many amazing shots, and no doubt will continue!
This one hints at a different direction, or at least one I've not seen before.
wow, that's a beauty!!
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I know the struggle! Great shot despite the challenges.
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Wonderful image. You've nailed this location, no reason to worry any longer. If something better presents itself, I'm sure you will capture it as well.

Thanks for sharing,
barondla
You're all very kind - thank you so much. I appreciate the positive encouragement - means a lot coming from you guys!

With this specific location, there have been times when I have stayed at home because miscalculated the weather (or just not been free to get out) and missed perfect conditions, so it annoys me all the more. It's made me determined to get it 100% some day, which of course always seems to make it harder to get! This picture will keep me fairly happy in the meantime, but it'll always niggle until I just have it perfect, beyond doubt

---------- Post added 03-03-21 at 09:23 AM ----------

Here's one where I was going for something a bit mysterious - trying to build mood by making it visually confusing, if you know what I mean. The light falling on the mangroves in this apparently wild scene was coming from a main road, just out of shot...

645Z with 28-45mm lens @ 35mm

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Ed Hurst; 03-02-2021 at 04:10 PM.
03-02-2021, 04:02 PM - 11 Likes   #16046
Pentaxian

[/url][/IMG]
fantastic!

---------- Post added 03-02-21 at 03:51 PM ----------

Finally digging into my 2018 stash of unprocessed pics, lol.

From Mono Lake:

Tufa Tuesday
645Z & FA150
03-02-2021, 05:49 PM - 1 Like   #16047
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

fantastic!

From Mono Lake:

645Z & FA150
Such a lovely shot, Mike. Moody meerkat rocks...
03-02-2021, 09:08 PM - 1 Like   #16048
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

fantastic!

From Mono Lake:

Tufa Tuesday
645Z & FA150
Very nice Mike, looks like a dreamscape.

This morning I saw these mynas on the antenna chasing away a pigeon because they wanted the lookout for themselves. 645z + FA400mm
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
03-03-2021, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #16049
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

... Finally digging into my 2018 stash of unprocessed pics, lol.

From Mono Lake:

Tufa Tuesday
645Z & FA150
I spy, with my eagle eye, a bird among the meerkats.

Great shot!
03-04-2021, 03:32 AM - 4 Likes   #16050
Pentaxian

Bronica S2a: Danish seaside villa on an early February morning

Bronica S2a - Super-Komura 50mm f:3.5 - Fomapan 100 Classic developed in Xtol