Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 35491 Likes Search this Thread
05-30-2021, 01:41 PM - 9 Likes   #16606
Pentaxian

Giving my Pentax 67 some exercise while playing around with the Dutch Tilt.
Pentax 67, 67 55mm, FP4+, D-23

EDIT:
Something to contrast the Anchor Pub on the same roll also using the 67 55mm.

Last edited by tuco; 05-30-2021 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Add Photo
05-31-2021, 12:39 AM - 4 Likes   #16607
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Norita 66 • Noritar 1:2 80mm
Agfachrome RSX II 100 expired film developed in Tetenal MagicBox E-6
Scanned with Plustek OpticFilm 120 at 2400dpi with Multi-Exposure Silverfast AI Studio 9

Belval • Luxembourg

05-31-2021, 12:40 AM - 7 Likes   #16608
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Agfa Super Isolette • Agfa Solinar 1:3.5/75
Scanned with Plustek OpticFilm 120 at 2400dpi with Silverfast AI Studio 9

Near Hohneck • Haut-Rhin • Alsace • France

05-31-2021, 12:43 AM   #16609
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great colours - and also one of my favourite cameras !

06-01-2021, 05:24 AM - 14 Likes   #16610

These are probably the best pictures I've ever taken here and probably ever will do. Utterly splendid conditions, great reflections, no wind at all, and great light and a sky all at once. Rarely, if ever, does it all come together quite so well as this. For a May's day - bloody cold - looks like February.

The morning started with promise

Then it delivered with a level of Chutzpah I have rarely seen

I hung around a bit as I checked the Glencoe moutain web cameras. Total peasoup fog up there so I stayed tripod down here rather than move on.

Sometimes you just get very very lucky. You cannot really take a bad picture when conditions are as amazing as this. I exported these as aRGB so if you are not using a colour managed browser they'll look faded and washed out.

All processing done on DXO photolab 4 and all shot with the amazing Pentax 645z and 28-45
06-01-2021, 05:32 AM - 1 Like   #16611
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Superb stuff! Is that on Rannoch Moor, somewhere near Loch Ba?
06-01-2021, 05:39 AM - 1 Like   #16612

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Hurst Quote
Superb stuff! Is that on Rannoch Moor, somewhere near Loch Ba?
Yes. Extremely. Loch Ba is directly behind me - otherside of the A82. If you are headed Northbound on the A82, Loch Ba is on your right, this is on your left. This was taken for the shores of Lochan na Stainge. I've got some Loch Ba shots from the weekend which are insanely nice but not got round to quite finishing them.

06-01-2021, 05:58 AM - 1 Like   #16613
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SFTphotography Quote
These are probably the best pictures I've ever taken here and probably ever will do. Utterly splendid conditions, great reflections, no wind at all, and great light and a sky all at once. Rarely, if ever, does it all come together quite so well as this. For a May's day - bloody cold - looks like February.

I hung around a bit as I checked the Glencoe moutain web cameras. Total peasoup fog up there so I stayed tripod down here rather than move on.

Sometimes you just get very very lucky. You cannot really take a bad picture when conditions are as amazing as this. I exported these as aRGB so if you are not using a colour managed browser they'll look faded and washed out.

All processing done on DXO photolab 4 and all shot with the amazing Pentax 645z and 28-45
Hard to know which is best. And I'll bet they look better on your own monitor than here....
06-01-2021, 07:24 AM   #16614

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Hard to know which is best. And I'll bet they look better on your own monitor than here....
The calibrated Eizo is something. I export in aRGB as if your browser can support it - it's preferable to sRGB. Sooner sRGB dies...the better.
06-01-2021, 12:27 PM - 4 Likes   #16615
Pentaxian

The Tropics

From 21 years ago, with the 6x7 and 45mm. Huahine, French Polynesia.
06-01-2021, 01:16 PM   #16616
Pentaxian

I like to do my roadside shooting there also when in the area...

Much of the land was/is owned by the Fleming family (I still think he orders his Martini incorrectly - have it shaken and the melted ice waters down the drink)
06-01-2021, 01:37 PM   #16617

QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
I like to do my roadside shooting there also when in the area...

Much of the land was/is owned by the Fleming family (I still think he orders his Martini incorrectly - have it shaken and the melted ice waters down the drink)
That's one of the big pluses with landscaping in Scotland - lot's of low hanging fruit . I am a photographer - not a hiker so prefer to drive and arrive rather than walk for hours (especially with a 645z on my back). I came to landscape photography through a love of driving and road tripping, not from hiking which I derive no pleasure from.

Hopefully I will however be doing just that later in the year when I am back in the Pyrenees. Most of my shots require a degree of legwork. Practically none of mine here do.
06-01-2021, 02:32 PM - 1 Like   #16618
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Fantastic images with strong compositions and natural colors. I particularly like the lack of hyper color saturation.

Thanks for sharing,

barondla
06-01-2021, 04:43 PM - 3 Likes   #16619
Pentaxian

The South Pacific

The Cook Islands, southern group from a few years ago.
06-02-2021, 12:57 AM   #16620
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
Great colours - and also one of my favourite cameras !
Thank you !

Norita 66 • Noritar 1:2 80mm
Scanned with Plustek OpticFilm 120 at 2400dpi with Multi-Exposure Silverfast AI Studio 9

Belval • Luxembourg