Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #151

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote
I wanna play with the 6x9's.
Or maybe 6x12?

I bought a Horseman 6x12 roll film holder to use with my 4x5 cameras (Ebony 45SU, Sinar P, Cambo 45SCII) a few months ago. Looking forward to trying it out this summer.

Gary

04-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #152

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
It is my first roll with Pentax 645N and I used Fuji Pro 400H and Canon 8800F flatbed scanner. I don't think that I know what I am doing.

<snip>

The above are full of scanning errors but I went through it fast just to get a rough idea if my 645N works.

Thanks,
Hin
Hin...love your images......so GREEN!!!! I'm really tired of 6 months of white snow, so GREEN has a huge appeal for me! Thank you for sharing these with us.....I for one, really appreciated them!

Nice tripod and head setup too.....what are those?

Gary
04-05-2010, 11:31 PM   #153
Veteran Member

I am not sure if I've posted this one before, so my apologies if this is a repost.

Protea Display at Alii Kula Lavender Farm, Kula, Maui, Hawaii

Pentax 645N ,SMC Pentax-FA 645 120mm F2.8 Macro,Fujichrome Velvia 100
1/90, f4, Matrix metering, tripod, 12s timer

Last edited by HawaiianOnline; 04-05-2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Changed the image size, it was too big
04-05-2010, 11:39 PM - 1 Like   #154

Another from my first roll of color film thru the 645NII. This is a local landmark of sorts (the Government Hill water tower), which I have taken photos of with just about every camera I own, both film and digital (except for the 4x5s). This is sort of a test shot for me. Easy for me to get shots at roughly the same time of day, blue sky, lighting etc....and of course, the water tower doesn't change much from year to year. This particular image is a cropped section from the full frame 645 scan, shot with the 80-160mm manual focus lens.

I enjoy using the 645NII, it's a fine camera, but with the very major caveat that I've only shot two rolls of film thus far (1 B&W and 1 color), my initial impressions are that the results are good, but they don't have a big WOW factor. My P67 images always had that wow factor for me.

I'm sure I just need to shoot more film with the 645 and it will find it's niche in my arsenal of gear. In any case, like I said, I enjoy using it.....but then again, I'm kind of a camera junkie. There really aren't many cameras that I don't enjoy using.

Gary

04-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #155
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bensonga Quote
Hin...love your images......so GREEN!!!! I'm really tired of 6 months of white snow, so GREEN has a huge appeal for me! Thank you for sharing these with us.....I for one, really appreciated them!

Nice tripod and head setup too.....what are those?

Gary
Thank you for the kind words. Both of my tripod and ball-head are the cheapo kind that I won't recommend for serious use. My tripod is lightweight in carbon fiber with Amvona AT-CF992 and my ball-head is Benro lookalike KS-0 professional ball-head in ebay for $40 shipped free from Hong Kong.

My cheapo tripod has lasted me over three years and it is still reasonable to use, it probably weights less than 3.5 lb. I bought in ebay long time ago in a combo and the store Amvona is now gone in ebay. The KS-0 ballhead from Hong Kong is a mixed bag of performance, it has a nice design but the build material doesn't seem to encourage confidence. For $40 that can support 8Kg/17.6lb, I can't complain. More use will tell.

Thanks,
Hin
04-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #156
photoholic2

Here are mine

And this is my introduction to this forum as well,
For more see my website at: Peter Weimann - Nature Photography
Enjoy!
04-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #157
Inactive Account

Hi Peter,

Thanks for joining and posting some shots. I've long admired your work, having seen some of it on the Pentax website, and other photo websites.

Best,

Greg L.

04-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #158
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very Cool.
04-07-2010, 01:58 AM   #159

Thanks Peter for posting the pics ! What´s the last one ?
04-07-2010, 07:28 AM   #160
photoholic2

Thanks for the interest in my photos. The last one is a close-up of a polished paua shell from New Zealand. Taken with the 120 Macro on my 645NII.
Regards
Peter
04-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #161
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, I finally got a scanner and tried some of the negatives I had previously had developed in town. The developing was rubbish and is the limiting feature. The scanning couldn't have been too good either, because with limited experience on my very first attempt I got images just as good as the lab.

Now to develop some of the other films!
04-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #162
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Well, I finally got a scanner and tried some of the negatives I had previously had developed in town. The developing was rubbish and is the limiting feature. The scanning couldn't have been too good either, because with limited experience on my very first attempt I got images just as good as the lab.Now to develop some of the other films!
Funny, this is exactly what I was telling to myself the past few days. I bet that once I start getting the hang of developing myself my film I will get better negatives than what the stock commercial development gives for Fomapan 100 or APX100 which I think in turn might improve quite a bit the scanning results.
Of course I have to learn developing first but the goodies have started to appear on my doorstep from Rodinal to Paterson tank, so it is soon going to be the big day of my first attempt...
That is what reading "Edge of Darkness" might to do one.

Cheers,

Luc
04-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #163
Veteran Member

I have had the gear sitting around for two months but am hesitant to take over our only washroom as a temporary darkoom. Also, I cannot find chemical storage bottles locally and ordering in a couple would be expensive.
04-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #164
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
I have had the gear sitting around for two months but am hesitant to take over our only washroom as a temporary darkoom. Also, I cannot find chemical storage bottles locally and ordering in a couple would be expensive.
Try looking in the grocery store or drug store for Hydrogen Peroxide. I've seen it in 500ml brown plastic bottles for really cheap. Dump and wash the Peroxide out of course or bleach your hair before use.
04-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #165
Veteran Member

That's not a bad idea. I will want to be sure any chemical I get is not terribly toxic as that is another issue I have with the whole developing thing. Especially if I am just dumping it.

Will go to the chemist's tomorrow.