Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Any Canadian Buyers of Pentax 645 Body from KEH Camera?

I am thinking of ordering a 645 body from Keh Camera, does anyone know whether duty is applied or not and what percentage of the purchase price would be added? I have to consider this or wait for another good deal locally for a body.

01-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
On the same note, does anyone have the service manual for the Pentax 645 body? The body that I have is about 7 cosmetically but the foam seal between the prism housing and the body is all but gone and is a sticky mess. This causes abnormally loud mirror slap and sometimes the mirror do not return back to position.

The cost of getting a professional repair service to fix this less than mint- body may not be worth the cost, considering how cheap KEH has these bodies for sale. I'd appreciate any help in this matter.

Regards,
01-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

i purchased some MF gear from KEH. they shipped it very quickly but you have to pay sales tax. i was not charged any duty. in the end it was worth it, but a bit more expensive than i would have liked.
01-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

KEH is not your problem, random duties, taxes etc etc make the final price guesswork.

01-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
i purchased some MF gear from KEH. they shipped it very quickly but you have to pay sales tax. i was not charged any duty. in the end it was worth it, but a bit more expensive than i would have liked.
You've confirmed what i have read online after I started this thread. Electronic goods are not subject to duty regardless of country of origin, but Canada Customs will charge the sales taxes (GST+PST).
01-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
You've confirmed what i have read online after I started this thread. Electronic goods are not subject to duty regardless of country of origin, but Canada Customs will charge the sales taxes (GST+PST).
It's a crap shoot, you are not supposed to get charged but you may be charged ... people refuse to listen to me untiul they get burnt and spend 6 months dealing with customs trying to get their money back.
01-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
It's a crap shoot, you are not supposed to get charged but you may be charged ... people refuse to listen to me untiul they get burnt and spend 6 months dealing with customs trying to get their money back.
i can confirm also that my first B&H purchase i got randomly charged duty.
01-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Out of curiosity, does anybody know of a Canadian dealer that carries used Pentax 645 gear? My local store carries a decent selection of second hand 67 and 6x7 equipment and is generally willing to price match KEH on used stuff but I can't recall ever seeing a 645 there.

01-28-2010, 05:28 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I see a lot of books, and I have clients who ship in several thousands in items with no charges. But my fav are the $20 packages with $1 Gst, $15 handling charges. Oh it makes me laugh.
01-28-2010, 08:43 AM   #10
D W
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
Out of curiosity, does anybody know of a Canadian dealer that carries used Pentax 645 gear? My local store carries a decent selection of second hand 67 and 6x7 equipment and is generally willing to price match KEH on used stuff but I can't recall ever seeing a 645 there.
Every 120 camera/lens/accessory that Henry's gets from trade in are directed to their eBay site.