Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #46

Making things clear

Ochin Priadna Vitalyi ! To make this even more public, I have now posted this to my blog which can be found here:
hartblei

greetings from Munich
Stefan

07-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #47

Thanks for clarification !
07-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
ok, so I have to ask..how much are the hcam/zeiss lenses in Pentax K mount as of today (I understand prices can change w/ daily currency changes)...
07-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #49

Pricelists by email

Please send me your email and IŽll mail you a complete price list of our products plus images of the latest versions with Module 8 Video Focusing ring (like the Zeiss Compact primes) and our flyer

my email: s.steib@hartblei.de or s.steib@hcam.de

regards
Stefan Steib

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5D Mark II  Photo 
07-05-2011, 04:10 AM   #50

Я тоже интересуюсь - существует линза hcam / Zeiss для Pentax 645D?
07-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #51

Zeiss Versions of Hartblei

Eduard

the HCam -Hartblei "Optics by Carl Zeiss" versions are 35mm Versions for Cameras like Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax K, etc.
Only exception is our HCam-B1 Camera which is capable to use these lenses with all Medium Format backs because we use a Canon bajonett mount.
The Pentax 645 has a flange focal range of 70,87 mm , the Hasselblad V lenses we use have 74,9mm so for the TS mechanics there would be only 4,03 mm. so this is technically impossible.

Regards
Stefan Steib HCam.de
07-06-2011, 05:03 AM   #52

I just ordered the Hartblei 45mm for the D from Vitaliy. I'm going to do a full working test of the lens focusing on lens resolution, especially on the corners, in full shift. I'll also look at CA characteristics with strong backlighting. These were the issues that the Hartblei 45mm for the Contax (4 years ago) suffered from. This newer Hartblei is a different design and supposedly better glass produced by one of the original Hartblei partners as Stefan mentioned, so this should be a worthwhile project. I'm hoping to provide enough information to the forum to help everyone who is considering the lens make a smart decision.
07-07-2011, 03:32 AM   #53

QuoteOriginally posted by Stefan Steib Quote
Eduard

the HCam -Hartblei "Optics by Carl Zeiss" versions are 35mm Versions for Cameras like Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax K, etc.
Only exception is our HCam-B1 Camera which is capable to use these lenses with all Medium Format backs because we use a Canon bajonett mount.
The Pentax 645 has a flange focal range of 70,87 mm , the Hasselblad V lenses we use have 74,9mm so for the TS mechanics there would be only 4,03 mm. so this is technically impossible.

Regards
Stefan Steib HCam.de
Thank you!

07-07-2011, 03:34 AM   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by Aboudd Quote
I just ordered the Hartblei 45mm for the D from Vitaliy. I'm going to do a full working test of the lens focusing on lens resolution, especially on the corners, in full shift. I'll also look at CA characteristics with strong backlighting. These were the issues that the Hartblei 45mm for the Contax (4 years ago) suffered from. This newer Hartblei is a different design and supposedly better glass produced by one of the original Hartblei partners as Stefan mentioned, so this should be a worthwhile project. I'm hoping to provide enough information to the forum to help everyone who is considering the lens make a smart decision.
This is really interesting.
We will be waiting)
08-03-2011, 03:53 AM   #55

QuoteOriginally posted by Aboudd Quote
It is interesting to see photos and learn about the lens view
08-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #56

The Hartblei 45MM lens for the 645D arrived from Ukraine yesterday. The lens was well protected for shipping. Understand that this is not a big sophisticated operation like Nikon or Canon. There are no printed boxes, no instruction manual and I was a bit surprised that no rear cap was provided. I think Vitaliy should spend an extra $5.00 in production and do something to protect the rear element other than putting the lens in a zip locked bag. On first inspection it seems as though the lens is well machined. I am going to start shooting with it over the next few days and I will post my results and a few images.
08-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #57

QuoteOriginally posted by aboudd Quote
the hartblei 45mm lens for the 645d arrived from ukraine yesterday. The lens was well protected for shipping. Understand that this is not a big sophisticated operation like nikon or canon. There are no printed boxes, no instruction manual and i was a bit surprised that no rear cap was provided. I think vitaliy should spend an extra $5.00 in production and do something to protect the rear element other than putting the lens in a zip locked bag. On first inspection it seems as though the lens is well machined. I am going to start shooting with it over the next few days and i will post my results and a few images.

:d Поздравляю
08-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #58

First remarks on the Hartblei 45mm. The good: machining is quite good, all controls feel smooth and the aperture is crisp. Adjustments for shift and tilt are far better design than the Nikon PC-E lenses because they are bigger, easier to grasp. The not so good: The first shots show cyan CA in highlight borders which of course can be corrected with CS5. Edge resolution wide open is soft. This is a non-auto diaphragm lens so it must be wide open for focus, but I would not recommend shooting at the 3.8 maximum aperture as it tends to be soft and edges deteriorate quickly. That said, this is not the type of lens that would be used wide-open in the first place. Results at 5.6/8/11 all improve the overall image. Low contrast lighting (soft window light) does not help imaging and this is where the lens compared poorly to the Pentax 45-85 zoom. The lens also has a bit less contrast than the Pentax lens, but not so much of an issue if the exposure is opened up a 1/3 or a 1/2 stop beyond the meter's recommendation. The first images using shift looked good but I have not given it a serious run-through. I also have not yet used the tilt. Be advised that the 45MM is too long for most interior architecture shots. It should be quite useful for exteriors and of course fine for landscapes. I'll be posting some images in the next few days when we get some decent shooting weather here in D.C. Stay tuned.
08-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #59
Site Supporter

Hello Aboudd,
your first impressions differ quite a bit from those emmited by "The Luminous Landscape" :
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/hartblei45.shtml
I await your shots with interest as a would be a potential user of such a lens !
08-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #60
Site Supporter

Unfortunately, as i just asked to Hartblei, and they answered in less than two hours, they informed me this lens was not any more in production...