Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #1

First customer impression of the P645d

viral marketing is running so I believe Pentax Europe won´t decide against a market intro in Europe

In DNF (a german forum) „Sayuri“ a photographer from Switzerland with japanese background reports from her first impressions of the P645 at PentaxForum in Tokyo:

DigitalFotoNetz.de :: Thema anzeigen - Hallo aus Tokyo

she also talked with Toshiaki Tanji the photographer which made the sample pics on the Pentax HP

coarse translation by guuuugle
QuoteQuote:
After two hours of chat, I'm arrived in Pentax forum

Then I met Pentax-Family-chief and discussed about Family-CH. And now? And now I have 645D had in his hand. It is slightly larger. That is, it seems bigger because the handle is slightly stronger than 645NII built. There was a 55mm on it. And you want to know what I mean?
I mean, take 645D never pressed in the hand, even down to the trigger.
Understandably, the camera had no memory card in it. So I can only describe the feeling of Handing.

It is so good in the hand. Very easy for such a body and balances very well. I was really surprised. Viewfinder is very bright, if someone is already working with Pentax SRL, would have little trouble with functions. The thought, too many photographers in Japan. The reservations are extremely good. Among many other photographers from other full-frame camera system show great interest in 645D.

The next weekend, there are seminars with 645D. This latest example images are shown. And this will be some time later to see in Japanese Pentax-HP.

He [Toshiaki Tanji ] was also on the road today with 645D and photographed Cherry Blossom and Old Town. He said, "You know, with the 645D you can take pictures of things that you do not see." By this he means that he discover when viewing on a PC a lot of little things in detail what he has not taken pictures with true . That is often very frightening, what he afterwards discovered in the picture, he laughs. For example, an office worker in a skyscraper. With a high power is his face so clearly visible. Or in a drop of rain on cherry blossoms, he discovers on PC mirrored beautiful landscape. A comparison of image quality between 645D and full-DSRL is no nonsense, "he says. For, the difference was so big. It is simply another dimension.
CH = Switzerland

04-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What Toshiaki writes sounds fantastic. Scary. And I believe.
04-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm not going to believe until I see it w/ my own eyes :-)

You can actually see some of that w/ DSLRs too...photos of backgrounds reflected in models' eyes when you zoom in enough...
04-21-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
Site Supporter

getting close to some real world reviews? not quite there yet...
Pentax 645D v Nikon D3X v Canon EOS-1 Ds Mark III Chris Willson's Blog

04-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #5

I think the demand in the USA will justify Pentax bringing into our market as soon as possible.

Jim
04-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Judging by how quickly KEH's inventory of Pentax 645 gear was purchased immediately following the announcement of the 645D and what is now available in other used stores and even eBay, I too suspect there is enough demand for this in the USA.

QuoteOriginally posted by buckeye_Jim Quote
I think the demand in the USA will justify Pentax bringing into our market as soon as possible.

Jim
04-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I believe this will be a great camera. And that I will not be able to afford it until after the next model is out and prices have come way down. Good value for what it is, though... so I will pine in my corner.
04-24-2010, 07:47 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by buckeye_Jim Quote
never overestimate the intelligence of pentax...
they could land the killer blow to leica's s2 system, but they'll probably instead choose to dally around and do nothing and screw over their users.