Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Bought a 67ii!

I love this camera already. I got it on ebay from Bob O'Connor
Its huge! Dwarfs my LX + 40mm pancake
I ran a quick test roll through it and I'm very pleased.
Hopefully I'll have some more photos soon to post.

105mm f2.4 - kodak 125px in hc110 for 7 minutes (dilution h) - straight from scan
Yes, I know the scan has some dust

Last edited by zplus; 04-20-2010 at 08:12 PM.
04-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats. That's the camera body/lens combo I currently want the most. Haven't come across one at an affordable price (for me) yet... The other day I ended up purchasing another 67 system, for some reason (Mamiya RZ67 Pro II + 110/2.8). It's a monstah.
04-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I'd personally recommend a fine-grained reversal film, like a Velvia 50 or Provia 100F. Huge colorful slides are just terrific. I actually started shooting 4x5 in color reversal. The results are out of this world, if I may say so myself :-)

Flickr: Search rawheadrex's photostream
04-21-2010, 04:19 AM   #4

Having just bought another MF after twenty something years, there is alot to come to terms with that was never a factor before. #1 was the cost of processing.......I was shocked to say the least. My first roll was ho hum, but I was winging it without a light meter. My question is do you recommend shooting slide film or print film now that getting 120/220 film processed is such a @#$%. I scanned a few of my prints on our generic all in one printer/scanner/fax machine.....and yeah the dust was everywhere no matter how much I cleaned it.

04-21-2010, 04:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gene Temple Quote
Having just bought another MF after twenty something years, there is alot to come to terms with that was never a factor before. #1 was the cost of processing.......I was shocked to say the least. My first roll was ho hum, but I was winging it without a light meter. My question is do you recommend shooting slide film or print film now that getting 120/220 film processed is such a @#$%. I scanned a few of my prints on our generic all in one printer/scanner/fax machine.....and yeah the dust was everywhere no matter how much I cleaned it.
Bite the bullet, buy a Jobo rotary processor, then it won't matter what kind of film you shoot (slide, color neg, b&W), it's going to be cheap. I'm averaging $1~$1.50/roll of 120 for reversal film, $2/roll of 120 for color negs, 80c/roll of 120/220 for B&W using DD-X, but much much cheaper using other developers, like Rodinal.

If you shoot more than 50 rolls of medium format per year, you will make back the price of the Jobo within the first year. I bought my Jobo in January, and I've already made back the price I paid :-)
04-21-2010, 05:09 AM   #6

congrats !
04-21-2010, 08:06 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gene Temple Quote
I scanned a few of my prints on our generic all in one printer/scanner/fax machine.....and yeah the dust was everywhere no matter how much I cleaned it.
Too much dust to clean up in a graphics editor?
04-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by zplus Quote
I love this camera already.
I'm looking to get one as well, with the 45mm lens. Got a 645N back in September and I'm hooked. Bigger is better. I'm glad Pentax doesn't make anything bigger than the 67 or I'd go broke feeding this obsession.

04-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've been thinking about this, too. But I cannot justify it. Mainly, because I cannot picture myself to carry all my gear around - and the 67 is notoriously big and heavy. Yet the cheap deals available do make me doubt my firm decision every other hour
04-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
I've been thinking about this, too. But I cannot justify it. Mainly, because I cannot picture myself to carry all my gear around - and the 67 is notoriously big and heavy. Yet the cheap deals available do make me doubt my firm decision every other hour
It is just a state of mind. If you're going to be shooting a 6x7 then that is the only camera you'll carry. Get a waist level finder and it will be lighter. I carry that camera around with 3 lenses all the time. I don't find it too much of a burden.
04-29-2010, 10:53 PM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
I was gifted a 6x7 for Christmas with the 105/f2.4, and I've enjoyed it so much that I've added a 55mm f4 and the 135mm macro. I use one of the Tamrac Velocity bags, and although it's not perfect, I don't have too much trouble carrying it. (I may not carry all three lenses depending on my anticipated shooting situation.)