Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2008, 01:15 AM   #46

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JrPentax Quote
good luck fishy

do you know if there is a demo of lightroom someplace - i can have a look at the API and see if i can write a simple plugin where you can apple-shift-click on the picture and select exif-data from the popup menu and then have the full data in there... btw - anyone else intrested in such features for lightroom the API is @ Adobe Labs - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.3 Export SDK
Hi Jr,

I'm not sure, but it seems you answered your own question?
Well, It'd be very appreciated (not only by me, I'm sure) if you could pull that off. Since I work w. computers far too many hours per day I don't really feel like tinkering in the weekends anymore. BTW, you live in a very photogenic part of the world! Enjoy!

01-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #47
Forum Member

hey hey fishy - just to let you know - i FINALLY had 5 min to download the demo of lightroom... i have been totally inundated with the program in itself - i suspect it will be another couple of weeks before i get familiare enough with lightroom to do the plugin but at least i am started on it

to be totally honest i wish i had downloaded lightroom ages ago as i really like it and its saving me heaps of time against iphoto which i was using....

maybe i will take to it quicker then i expect but i think the reason adobe give you 30 day trial is cause you NEED 30 days to get used to it...
02-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #48
Inactive Account

I downloaded PhotoME two days ago after seeing it mentioned in a few threads on this forum. (K200D camera)
Really impressive program!
I am fascinated by the Manufacturer block and some of the other things I did not know existed in the Exif info.
Nice to see when the camera was made, shutter count, was camera ever serviced, and of course the Camera Temperature data.
Impressed with Jens work and his total commitment to customer support and feedback. Example - I asked some questions about the temperature thing and he gave me what answers he had and then gave me a link to this particular thread. Nice! Appreciate that!

My general temp question is what is measured? I think it has to be the sensor temperature. So, if long exposures cause sensor to heat up, what is the temp in the Exif - the temp at the start of the exposure or at the end? Just a curiosity question as I am not into astro photography but a friend is.

Oh, and in response to another comment of mine Jens has added to his to do list an option to see temps in F as well as C (for us USA guys!). After listening to Canadian radio quite a bit I can convert in my head but it would be nice to see F there.
-TomK-
02-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Still having problems with PhotoMe

QuoteOriginally posted by Rickster Quote
PhotoME can integrate into Firefox 'automagically' so EXIF data on the web is just a right click away. It even displays an RGB histogram of the image you are viewing in the browser.

Believe me no other EXIF reader comes close to PhotoME in EXIF decoding. I've tried them all.

cheers,
Rick
I'd like to agree, PhotoMe is/was a great program but it has gone all buggy on me since the last download (see my thread on this https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-processing-software/51947-photome-problem.html). If anybody has any suggestions, please send them along,
Brian

02-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@TomK: I don't have any data to back this up, but i think the camera temperature is indeed the sensor temperature and that it is the temperature at the beginning of an exposure. Just as the time of the picture taken is the beginning, not the end . You should know this if you are doing long exposures so it would be nice to get confirmation from somebody close to the Pentax engineers.

Jack
02-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #51
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PhotoMe.de:
Additionally, PhotoME was tested in Ubuntu Linux 7.04 using Wine 0.9.33
Were any special considerations needed to make it run under Wine? I have Wine 1.1.15 running on ArchLinux at the moment and it starts, but immediately crashes. Are there any particular libraries that I should be running native Windows versions instead of the Wine built ins?
02-26-2009, 12:51 AM   #52
Veteran Member

The temperature reading is coming from processor board

QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
@TomK: I don't have any data to back this up, but i think the camera temperature is indeed the sensor temperature and that it is the temperature at the beginning of an exposure. Just as the time of the picture taken is the beginning, not the end . You should know this if you are doing long exposures so it would be nice to get confirmation from somebody close to the Pentax engineers.

Jack
Is it a CMOS sensor temperature reading?
Is it a separate body temperature reading?
Is it the internal battery temperature sensor?
Is it a circuit board temperature reading?

I've decided to settle this, so....

I took the following exposures:
Frame Shutter speed Temperature reading
#1 - 1/180 second - 21 c
#2 - 30 second - 21 c
#3 - 30 second - 22 c
#4 - 30 second - 22 c
#5 - 4 minutes - 22 c

Hmmm.... not enough of a difference to suggest image sensor temperature.

This time I changed the ISO to 6400 (presumably the sensor should run hotter).

#1 - 1/180 second - 23 c
#2 - 30 second - 24 c
#3 - 30 second - 24 c
#4 - 30 second - 24 c
#5 - 4 minutes - 24 c
#6 - 8 minutes - 25 c

Conclusion, since these reading do not show the CMOS sensor heating up (which it had to do), this is not a sensor temperature reading but rather, a typical circuit board temperature reading.

02-26-2009, 04:58 AM   #53

Hello,

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
Were any special considerations needed to make it run under Wine? I have Wine 1.1.15 running on ArchLinux at the moment and it starts, but immediately crashes. Are there any particular libraries that I should be running native Windows versions instead of the Wine built ins?
It seems like the Wine-Team has changed something between version 0.9.33 and 1.1.15, so that some function doesn't work identical to the Windows versions of the functions anymore.
I'll try to figure out where the problem comes from and report it to the Wine developers.

You could try to use the GDIplus-library which is available on the PhotoME download page.

Cu, Jens
02-26-2009, 06:46 AM   #54
Veteran Member

I am using exiftool for viewing and editing (adding) some missing data (like lenses etc.).

... but this is only for those who like to do things with command line tools
02-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #55
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jens D. Quote
Hello,

It seems like the Wine-Team has changed something between version 0.9.33 and 1.1.15, so that some function doesn't work identical to the Windows versions of the functions anymore.
I'll try to figure out where the problem comes from and report it to the Wine developers.

You could try to use the GDIplus-library which is available on the PhotoME download page.

Cu, Jens
Thanks, it starts and runs OK now. For some reason though, the overview text is so tiny it is useless, I haven't found a setting anywhere that affects it, changing the DPI in Wine changes everything but that. Everything else is fine.

QuoteOriginally posted by kurt Quote
I am using exiftool for viewing and editing (adding) some missing data (like lenses etc.).

... but this is only for those who like to do things with command line tools
I totally overlooked that one when I was searching for a native solution. I just installed it, it doesn't show everything PhotoMe does, but it displays more than enough for my needs. I'll definitely keep that around and probably work it into some picture sorting scripts.

Last edited by elliott; 02-26-2009 at 11:01 AM.
03-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
Conclusion, since these reading do not show the CMOS sensor heating up (which it had to do), this is not a sensor temperature reading but rather, a typical circuit board temperature reading.
I came to the same conclusion in another thread when testing my CCD sensor (filterless K110D used for astrophotography). I checked the temperature in PhotoMe before, during and after dozens of 2 minute exposures. I tried with and without Noise Reduction, and found very little change. It certainly does reflect ambient temperature with both outdoor and indoor readings close to our digital thermometer.