Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  
How-to: Check Pentax camera shutter count and manufacture date online
Posted By: Adam, 12-22-2011, 04:56 AM

Your camera's shutter count and manufacture date are stored in the EXIF data of every photo you take. I've now added an online tool that reads this data and can tell you when your camera was built and how many photos it has taken:

Check Shutter Count & Camera Manufacture Date Online - EXIF Reader

Enjoy!
Views: 79,722
11-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #46

Is there any other way to find the number of shutter actuations?

Older Ist* models apparently do not have shutter count in EXIF.
So, is there any other way to find the number of shutter actuations, like maybe some sequence of buttons to press, as in other brands' cameras?

=R.

11-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #47

Good question. I've tried several sites to get the actuations on my *ist D and none of them will show the shutter count. Everything else in the world... but not that.
11-09-2013, 02:06 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zeops Quote
Older Ist* models apparently do not have shutter count in EXIF.
I don't know about the *istD or *istDS, but the *istDL has the shutter count in the EXIF.
12-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Okay I having this issue again but now I using Mac so I don't know what I can use that will work, I try Camerashutter.com and gives me message "It looks like your camera doesn't supply the necessary information"

12-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #50
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxlover22 Quote
Okay I having this issue again but now I using Mac so I don't know what I can use that will work, I try Camerashutter.com and gives me message "It looks like your camera doesn't supply the necessary information"
Did you try the page in the first post of this thread?

Also, is the photo straight out-of-camera?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Did you try the page in the first post of this thread?

Also, is the photo straight out-of-camera?
I take photos in raw, I use photoshop CS6, there was some program I used before but I forgot what it was HP imaging program of some sort it would bring up the shutter count even that I edit them in other programs, I try basic JEPG (Untouched around 9MB) and this all I can get.
Attached Images

12-14-2013, 02:32 PM - 1 Like   #52
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxlover22 Quote
I take photos in raw, I use photoshop CS6, there was some program I used before but I forgot what it was HP imaging program of some sort it would bring up the shutter count even that I edit them in other programs, I try basic JEPG (Untouched around 9MB) and this all I can get.
What do you see at the top of the page?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
What do you see at the top of the page?
Oops, I don't know why I never saw that before, thanks Adam for bringing that to my attention
12-14-2013, 11:45 PM   #54

Photos: Albums
Thanks for this EXIF ap.
It worked well with my K-3 jpeg pic.
All parameters had corresponding data.
07-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #55
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, not surprising, I get no shutter count or manufacture date here for a Canon 5D :-) But not in PhotoME either :-(

Perhaps these ancient bodies did not supply that info, or KEH somehow removes all the evidence when they grade it.

Well, camera shutter count said the camera does not provide that info.

A thread at DPR (yeah...) concluded it has to be sent in to a tech with correct equipment to check it...

I have lines and lines of useless data...

Last edited by SpecialK; 07-24-2014 at 06:57 PM.