Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

How can I protect the back LCD?
Posted By: Ole, 09-07-2006, 09:25 PM

Post by 'Saltoricco'

You can use an LCD protection sticker for one of the many PDAs. I put clear packing tape on it. The bubbles have gone away after several days and now it is just as good as those more expensive protectors.
Views: 40,269
05-16-2008, 04:18 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I bought a generic Delkin 2.5" and it fits my K10D just fine. I love the thing. No smears on the LCD because the "lid" prevents it. Handy in the bright sun as well.
Thanks Albert, sounds like just thing to protect the LCD from my large sooty nose when I'm working fires! Skin oil, sweat coupled with dirt and soot are really not a good mix on an LCD.

Dale

05-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #47

Photos: Albums
Screen protection for many Pentax products

ZAGG | Pentax Camera Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

This is supposed to be some really great stuff. Guaranteed for life against scratching or tearing. I ordered some for my soon-to-be-delivered iPod and my K10D.

Mike
05-19-2008, 07:44 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have the InvisibleShield protectors on my GPS and K100D. My co-workers have them on zune80s, iPods and Cameras. I can attest to the quality of the product. When I ordered one for my K100D it came with protectors for both the back and top LCD displays.
05-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dale Quote
Thanks Albert, sounds like just thing to protect the LCD from my large sooty nose when I'm working fires! Skin oil, sweat coupled with dirt and soot are really not a good mix on an LCD.

Dale
One of the side effects of my meds is sweaty. Then I climb a mountain, and stick my nose into the LCD. Talk about soft filters!

05-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #50
Forum Member

See this:
ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Demo Videos
07-13-2008, 09:19 AM   #51
Veteran Member

I use this one too, it has been on my K10D for almost a year and has seen almost constant traveling since February of this year, no scratches, bubbling, or any problems whatsoever. I will be buying one for my phone soon and most likely one for my P&S.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Pentax K10D Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Jason
07-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
snip....., no scratches, bubbling, or any problems whatsoever.
Jason

I understand you bought it as "insurance" but with no scratches or damage in over a year, I could interpret this as not needed.

I have had an *istD for 4 1/2 years and a K10D for 18 months, never had a problem with the LCD and although I am not abusive with my camera, I don't treat it any differently than my old tank of a KX.

I thionk these screnes are a scare tactic, but then again, never having broken an LCD I can't comment.

One thing I would like to see however is whether these would stop an impact that would otherwise break the screne from breaking the screne anyway. A scratch I can possibly believe, but impact, i doubt it.

08-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #53
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Brew1brew Quote
I can understand that. I guess the point I wanted to make it that Pentax did a good job with the plastic they used on the LCD cover, it's quite tuff. the only issue I have it the oil from my cheek is always on it.

Les

AGREE
Seem to have nose/cheek "grease" on the LCD.
How do we clean???
Guessing Windex won't do!
LOL
08-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #54

These work very well. Easy to apply, Just cut to fit, leave zero residue when removed.

Cheap-- $1.41 each and free shipping, no minimum order.
Very good retailer- received mine 2 weeks after placing order- not bad considering shipped from Hong Kong.

DealExtreme: $1.41 Screen Protector for 4.3-inch Digital Camera LCD
11-08-2008, 11:30 PM   #55

QuoteOriginally posted by Camera Obscura Quote
This might be an alternatieve?

Camera Armor- Protection in Action - Home

At least, the have a model available for the K10D.
Might not be to everyone's liking, though...
I have this and I would never be with out it!

Only downside was the rear dial was covered up but soon fixed.

Protection for the whole camera and is easy to put on or off. I also use the generic battery grip protector which is not a good fit but still excellent protection.

If I own a camera store, I would not let a camera out the door with out one fitted.
11-09-2008, 08:54 AM   #56
Forum Member

InvisibleShield by ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield is the best out there. I got mine from amazon for $11. I use invisibleshields for all my gadgets. The one on my ipod nano is still good after 2 years of abuse. Try it and you won't regret getting one. It comes with a lifetime warranty. Application requires patience, but you can keep re-doing it until u get it perfectly right (unlike other protectors where a fingerprint or bit of dust on the other side completely ruins it, with this one you just pull it out re-spray with water and apply). The website has some very good videos on how to apply it.

I just saw they have one for AF540 flash too. I have an AF360 so not sure if it'll fit. Can anyone here confirm if both flashes have the same display size? I can't bear to see my flash display screen unprotected without an Invisibleshield on it

Regards,
Keith
11-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #57
Veteran Member

I've put 3M 'Vikuiti' on the rear and top display. There's 3 different makes of it. It is quite fat and quite hard. One of these types is claimed to also let small scratches disappear when put on.
I've recently polished my scratched viewfinder with an acrylic polishing paste and I guess that should be possible with the lcd display also. The VF seems to be much softer than the back lcd, but it is spherical so no way to put tape on it.
All my gear mayhems seem to happen in transport (soft bags only).
Georg (the other)
11-20-2008, 07:23 AM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been using regular overlays such as for PSP's and cell phones. The scratch easily and I can never get all the bubbles out. I just ordered a glass one that I think will work much better.

I never had one on my K100, always on my K10 and it was the first thing I did the other day when the new K20 was taken out of the box.
11-20-2008, 07:28 AM   #59

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
s. My *istD is over two and a half years old and has been through several weddings, countless portraits, several artistic projects, a Playboy model,
Well that helps answer "What hasn't been through a playboy model".

I've got a GGS Screen protector on the way. It was a little spendy but it'll take the impact and break the protector rather than the screen if something should happen. Unlike the films you apply that are just a thin membrane of scratch protection.
11-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FuzzyOne Quote
I never had one on my K100
And how did the K100 survive?