Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Chrome K20 looks stunning from up front. Never cared much for the pseudo-chrome finishes on plastic cameras, but it does look sharp here. (Though since that's usually not the effect I'm going for when I present a camera toward subjects, not for me. )

The olive's cute, and really might get Pentax out there into some of the outdoor shops.

03-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #47
Veteran Member

12 years since the introduction of the limited lenses...

And they STILL can't make a camera to match... I just DON'T get it. Even the black plastic doesn't match the black plastic on their lenses.

WHY don't they make a METAL camera - THAT would sell like hotcakes - same colour as the limited lenses, and a nice BLACK metal one to match. They can do it for the lenses...

DO IT FOR THE CAMERAS!!!

Cameron

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Those who proclaim the cameras are ugly based on those dinky small images need to see the Pentax Japan website images... simply beautiful.

K20D Titan

K-m Olive

03-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
WHY don't they make a METAL camera - THAT would sell like hotcakes - same colour as the limited lenses, and a nice BLACK metal one to match. They can do it for the lenses...
I agree wholeheartedly and I would buy a metal body in a heartbeat. No more plastic for me.

Richard
03-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
How about they stop wasting time and effort on these stupid color cameras and give us something WORTHWHILE like some new glass, better auto-focus, or something else that's USEFUL!

03-24-2009, 11:07 AM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hannican Quote
How about they stop wasting time and effort on these stupid color cameras and give us something WORTHWHILE like some new glass, better auto-focus, or something else that's USEFUL!
If these colored cameras sell well, it means easy money in Hoya's pockets to finance those more worthwhile things. Or even simply survive in difficult times.
03-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
And they STILL can't make a camera to match... I just DON'T get it. Even the black plastic doesn't match the black plastic on their lenses.

Those Canon people must really be whacked out...you know, white lenses/black cameras. What's wrong with them?

By the way...have you SEEN the prices of metals these days? There's part of the answer.
QuoteOriginally posted by Hannican Quote
Look a little deeper...we have the introduction of 3 (4 with the silver K200) Limited cameras to hook up to Limited lenses.

IMO Pentax seems to be looking to make itself a Limited type of company that most can afford. That's what I think. Improvements will come when they get a bigger customer base (partly through people wanting a colorful camera). So they need mo money mo money mo...and this is how they're starting to solidify their image and base. My opinion...
03-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #52
Veteran Member

This is so weird.... I remember the old days when a black body was the mark of a professional camera and silver ones were used by amateurs.

Gimme the black body any time.

Mike

p.s. why don't they just make 'skins" in several colors or patterns like you can get for your cell phone.... Pentax... get off of the window dressing and give us something concrete.... like a new body (not just a face lift) and a new lens lineup.

03-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Drop dead gorgeous!

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
I wish I have all the silver limited
Wonder how it looks with FA*?
Can anybody photoshop it?
03-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
This is so weird.... I remember the old days when a black body was the mark of a professional camera and silver ones were used by amateurs.

Gimme the black body any time.

Mike

p.s. why don't they just make 'skins" in several colors or patterns like you can get for your cell phone.... Pentax... get off of the window dressing and give us something concrete.... like a new body (not just a face lift) and a new lens lineup.
Well, there's not just professionals, and those with similar needs, there's also collectors and just plain camera enthusiasts. Almost invariably, I'll prefer the black, myself (Though I could be talked into one of those olive or dark grey Voigtlander R-series without much trouble, I think. )

If it generates interest in the brand, it's an easy way to do it among a crowded entry-level field out there, I'd say.

As long as they don't end up deciding *everyone* wants a silver camera and/or making the *black* a hard-to-find or more-expensive option, cool. Once in a while is neat, silver, but it just loses its interest, I think, when there's too much of it around.
03-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Wonder how it looks with FA*?
Can anybody photoshop it?
How about a Silver *istDS with FA*300/4.5?

Enjoy
03-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #56
Banned

from the front it looks ok, from the back its atrocious. the black should have extended all the way around the body to more mimic the look of film cameras which I can only assume is the 'retro' they were going for. I think they should have gone more towards the satin chrome of old instead of silver. what is 'Titan'? the battery grip looks terrible, it should stay all black like old battery grips and winders. I would like to see what it looks like with an SMC Takumar 55mm 1.8, not an FA or DA limited. all in all, I don't like it and I don't want one. the olive k-m is slick. I love olive. I want one.
03-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
the olive k-m is slick. I love olive. I want one.
It'd look great in an olive-coloured Billingham bag. Pentax should team up with the good folks at Billingham and make a special edition, a la Leica.
03-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #58
axl
Veteran Member

hi guys, count me into "drooling over the titanium K20" group...
oh well, maybe the finaly put silver/black cameras back into production and not only as limited edition...
BR
03-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Please tell us how you really feel, Mike:-).
I'm sitting here wondering if Amazon will take my K20D back and trade me for the Titanium one!
I'd call them and ask if my Amigos were silver.
03-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #60
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I usually think "silver" DSLRs are hideous, but I think this one looks fantastic... I would use it.