Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Which Pentax Lenses work with my Pentax (K-r, K-5 K-x & any other Pentax SLR)?
Posted By: Adam, 09-18-2010, 07:06 PM

A chart containing complete Pentax Camera-Lens compatibility can be found here: The Pentax Camera Lens Compatibility Chart

In a nutshell, all Pentax lenses can be used on all Pentax bodies. However, there are a few exceptions in which the lens will either not meter properly when mounted, or the camera will not fire. See the chart above for details.

Also, Pentax DA/DA*/DA L lenses cannot be used on film SLRs because they do not cover the complete image circle. Some zooms will cover the full circle near the end of their range, however. Also, there is one exception to this rule: the DA 40mm F2.8 Limited is a full-frame lens, and can therefore be used with no vignetting on film bodies.
Views: 26,948
08-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also the 70mm limited works on film cameras. I used it on my MZ-6 slr, and had fantastic pics from it - razor sharp. Have noticed it does under expose by one stop though - not a huge dael.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bodies, camera, chart, circle, compatibility, film, lens, lenses, pentax, pentax lenses