Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
assembling:Porst Color Reflex Mc Auto 1.2 55mm
Posted By: willdmo, 05-20-2011, 09:11 AM

so here it is, in PDF. I did a longer research but found nothing at all, how its done and so on. So this guide is the result of my own work for a couple of hours

I hope it is helpful

its my first lens cleaning/assembling

enjoy it

Last edited by willdmo; 05-20-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: grammer
Views: 6,326
08-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Where is it?

Where is the PDF?
08-28-2011, 02:54 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sorry,
when I tried it last time, I got only error messages while uploading. Hope this time it works
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Porst Color Reflex Mc Auto 1.2 55mm.pdf (1.83 MB, 1523 views)

Last edited by willdmo; 02-27-2015 at 03:17 PM.
08-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Thank you. This is very important. I would like to know why assemble and disassemble a Porst 55mm f1.2? I am new to it, I just got one from Germany and am surprised that although it is a Pk mount, it works like a Super Takumar M42 mount, in AV priority. Does it mean that my lens had this or any operation done before to make it that way? THanks,

08-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi,
so to say Im new to it too. I own 2 of the Porst f1,2. I reassembled one, becaus the blades were oily and stiff. My porst lenses work like all my other manual lenses with PK mount. Maybe I can help better if you write me in a diffrent way what you miss. Of course it is possible, that your lens was assembled wrong, or one off the inner springs are broken. They were my biggest struggle too.
10-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
hi i'm just bought one. but it's jammed on the aperture. can you give me a hint how i can dissambled this lens.
thanks
10-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by willdmo Quote
Hi,
so to say Im new to it too. I own 2 of the Porst f1,2. I reassembled one, becaus the blades were oily and stiff. My porst lenses work like all my other manual lenses with PK mount. Maybe I can help better if you write me in a diffrent way what you miss. Of course it is possible, that your lens was assembled wrong, or one off the inner springs are broken. They were my biggest struggle too.
Well, I am not unhappy with it, all the opposite: I do not have to stop down or anything like that. I read somewhere that this is an operation you can do to make it Av priority. However, I would like to know. I bought it originally from Ebay in Germany, so I did not understand the description ( Someother people remove the click at the stops, so it is as smooth as a focus ring. They use this lens for video movies and they use a CPL to stop down the speed.
10-10-2011, 03:05 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
just follow the steps in the PDF. its not that complicated. all you need is a bit of time and a screwdriver (small one, like for watches). But if you`ll post a picture and your problem, maybe its easier to find the right tool. as example, if there is anything stiff but shoukd be screwable, i used a so called boa. its a rubberlash you put around, with that you can screw stronger without damaging the lens. mind to screow in the right direction