Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Give this man some love! (Cameraville)
Posted By: shyrsio, 08-08-2019, 08:46 AM

I've been watching this cool guy and he's reviews for some time now and I really like how unbiased he is. Although I have to say he is slowly but stadily becoming a Pentaxian. Check out his last review where he compares the pentax 150-450 with the new Fuji 100-400. The review is extensive and all about details. He is totally unbiased in my oppinion, which makes his rteviews even more relevant.

link:

Views: 995
08-09-2019, 01:24 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Breakfastographer Quote
he's hilarious in this one.
Whats even more hilarious is his choice of the 150-450,at least the focus motor didn't fail mid shoot and the casing didn't sheer away from the optics.

He can be thankful too that it didnt get stuck on the 200mm mark.

---------- Post added 08-10-19 at 07:26 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
The Pentax system as he reviewed it
Nothing wrong with the knowledge he has of Pentax,his knowledge of Fuji on the other hand is abysmal.

Last edited by surfar; 08-09-2019 at 02:24 PM.
08-09-2019, 05:39 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'm not normally a fan of this chap's videos... Nothing against him personally, it's just my tastes and his presenting style, I guess. ..
These days "fast talking" is becoming the rule. Problem is that one can't always listen that fast, because it takes time to process, consider, and integrate the information. Spraying rapid fire words is not polite as it places a work burden on your listeners to distill the concepts from them. Notice how good speakers allow pauses for this very reason. After all, when one says something enlightening, doesn't one expect the listener to think about it?
08-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
OMG, he's hilarious in this one.

Right here:

FujiFilm 100 mm - 400 mm ( X - T30 ) vs Pentax 150 mm - 450 mm ( Pentax Kp ) Birds in Flight? - YouTube

Btw, the way he runs through autofocus is a bit incomplete. If you want to compare Fujifilm autofocus to something, it should be Live View AF in the Pentax, and FWIW, that has face detection available. And it's interesting that he would talk about eye AF and number of focus points when in the end, the blackout on the Fuji prevented him from tracking the bird and getting the pictures he wanted. A lot of exposition for nothing, in the end.
I disagree. You can't compare a mirrorless camera's Live View to a dslr's Live View since Live View is not the native focus system on a dslr.
I think his comparison of the native experience was not a matter of useless exposition for nothing. It goes to show that, sure, you have 200, 300, 400 or whatever AF points and everyone goes WOAH!!!!! That's awesome!!!! We need that!!! But none of that matters at all in the real world since you can't focus on what you can't see due to the blackout. Furthermore, it also underscored that in comparison, 27, 25, I'll even go as far as 11 functioning AF points works better on a DSLR with OVF since you can ALWAYS see what your tracking so your focus will be on point (pun pseudo intended).
08-09-2019, 06:22 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
I disagree. You can't compare a mirrorless camera's Live View to a dslr's Live View since Live View is not the native focus system on a dslr.
What is a "native focus system"?

08-09-2019, 08:30 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
What is a "native focus system"?
Pretty simple. When you first turn on the camera, what system does it use?
DSLR = Phase detect (OVF).
MIrrorless = Hybrid/Phase/Contrast (depending on the manufacturer).